2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Hit Tour

Got word that 15 players made the immediate switch into the new balls this week.

Got word that 15 players made the immediate switch into the new balls this week.
This is very interesting news. Immediate switch. Wow. Can’t wait to hear more on the goals of the ball and performance

Interesting. I'll have to give them a try. Pro V is a good ball in any iteration, but it hasn't been my first choice since the TP5 line was introduced.

That’s actually a big number for first week. Wow.

This. This is the big story to me.
I actually had a conversation about this on the course yesterday. My playing partner didn't understand why people got so freaked out by subtle changes. Meanwhile I'm over here like, I remember when ProV1 fans got upset they changed the writing on the side to be an arrow.

That’s actually a big number for first week. Wow.
I’m trying to find out if it is. I know Shriners is the event it normally takes place, but I don’t know why I thought that number was smaller than previous.

I’m trying to find out if it is. I know Shriners is the event it normally takes place, but I don’t know why I thought that number was smaller than previous.
I just always assume these guys are way more stubborn when it comes to the ball change. But, it is kinda silly season so maybe not?

I just always assume these guys are way more stubborn when it comes to the ball change. But, it is kinda silly season so maybe not?
makes sense to change during this timeframe - low pressure try some golf shots with it this week/month

makes sense to change during this timeframe - low pressure try some golf shots with it this week/month
True. But, they all still like money. Hahaha

True. But, they all still like money. Hahaha

Wonder how long it takes them to get adjusted to something like this... honest question... I mean I know that generally my game from one iteration to the next - meh

Be great to hear them hit old vs new and talk about it.

Wonder how long it takes them to get adjusted to something like this... honest question... I mean I know that generally my game from one iteration to the next - meh

Be great to hear them hit old vs new and talk about it.
Talking about the best on earth though, who nowadays know PRECISELY their spin and launch numbers, and when those change, it changes everything with their margins for error

20221014_114556.jpg

Durability seems expectedly good. Played the last 11 with this one, out of a few hairy spots and clipping some strong wedges, and that's the only blemish. Not even enough to pull it and I'm pretty particular about that. Saw a lot of V1x goodness out there and a few surprisingly long drives for the move I was putting on it.

Last edited:
I just want to know if they are going to continue to manufacture the Left Dot? Or work the same specs of that ball into this version of the ProV1. I love the Left Dot!
That is what I am thinking also.... please just continue that line like the did with the -

20221015_073457.jpg

This might help clear up some confusion. One of these is the old/current ball. One is the new.

Gotcha ......I did hear that they've lower spin in both balls which might have contributed to the xtra distance I saw on irons yesterday.
Less spin huh? :unsure: That would be interesting.

I imagine one of you proto guys will do a direct comparison on monitor. Kind of surprised they haven't already. I guess I don't know what the rules are with the Team Titleist testers on that though. You have to fill out the card, but not sure about the sharing stuff.

Chris said he worked to get us the finished ones, which I think was thoughtful, but then I remembered that people collect things and someone might actually want a Proto 388/348 for the shelf. That is cool I suppose. Forgot to ask @AnthonyC if he would have liked one of those.

Less spin huh? :unsure: That would be interesting.

I imagine one of you proto guys will do a direct comparison on monitor. Kind of surprised they haven't already. I guess I don't know what the rules are with the Team Titleist testers on that though. You have to fill out the card, but not sure about the sharing stuff.

Chris said he worked to get us the finished ones, which I think was thoughtful, but then I remembered that people collect things and someone might actually want a Proto 388/348 for the shelf. That is cool I suppose. Forgot to ask @AnthonyC if he would have liked one of those.
Yeah I'd like one of those for the ball rack as well ;)

Back