Not open for further replies.

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Thanks for the new thread. I enjoyed participating last year. Added to my list.

And watching/participating here-- time to drop some lbs!!!

I'm for it. Going to keep grinding

Wife is due in April and I’m beginning to feel the effects of getting older. I need to be more present in this thread in 2023. Love that this thread is stickied!

Have already started trying to make some changes to my diet. I’m bad when traveling to grad a burger on the go. Along with that burger is usually fries and a drink. If it’s from Braum’s Culver’s or maybe DQ it might include a shake. Travel for work. Damn I hate saying that. Also while gone working it’s mostly eating at restaurants. No more soda if I get one it might be once a week or so. Cut out burgers and fried food. Order more fish and chicken while checking calorie numbers on menu.

This was quite the topic on WGP today.
Sunday is my weigh in.

I'll be in and out of this thread all year. I was very active in my pursuit to drop and maintain 20 pounds. I'm there and I'm very happy - I'll still be around with maybe a few more here. The key for me is to be consistent I don't crash diet or anything but drop a little here or there and life is good and only the smallest of changes which are sustainable.

Definitely all in on the nutrition aspect. Going to try to eat better and healthier in 23.

This was quite the topic on WGP today.
Sunday is my weigh in.
Tank up with water preceding the weigh in. I don’t mean just a bottle or so. I mean gallon plus. I know I’ve done it. Guaranteed win.

So the convo on WGP had me thinking what are "quick" weight loss tips and tricks? If I have a trip coming up and I wanted to lose 10 lbs what would be the quickest thing to do? Besides not eating. :ROFLMAO:

Last thread was great! I don't know that I can afford to lose any more weight. I mean, yeah, I wouldn't mind losing another 5 pounds but that would probably put me at an unhealthy weight. I need to go spend time in the gym and get back to cardio.

So the convo on WGP had me thinking what are "quick" weight loss tips and tricks? If I have a trip coming up and I wanted to lose 10 lbs what would be the quickest thing to do? Besides not eating. :ROFLMAO:
Cutting out all carbs. It’s not sustainable but it will do it

Cutting out all carbs. It’s not sustainable but it will do it

Is this what you did for the PGA shows in the past then? Just a week or two of protein only? Any things you ate regularly during that time?

Is this what you did for the PGA shows in the past then? Just a week or two of protein only? Any things you ate regularly during that time?
Yup. Every year. Meet, cheese, followed basically a very strict keto style diet for a few weeks every year before the show. Usually cut 15-20.

My goals for 2023 will be to improve my overall health and fitness now that I'm closing in on 40 lbs of weight loss in 2022.

Intermittent fasting (IF) works for me. I've dropped 30 lbs through IF and have kept it off since August.

I've also lost 10 lbs since the end of October by following an autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet. I started this after my son was able to address some chronic health issues through something called AIP and provocation. Basically, you work with a functional medicine practitioner. The AIP diet is fairly restrictive at first - no gluten, dairy, booze, caffeine, sugars/sweeteners, or grain. Coconut, olive, or avocado oils only. No eggs/nuts/seeds/nightshades/high glycemic fruits. The theory is that some chronic health conditions are aggravated by inflammation and/or hormone imbalances triggered by certain dietary components. By systematically re-introducing foods, the bad actors are found. When I first saw this guy, I expressed frustration at plateauing with my weight loss. He told me I had lost the weight I was going to lose by IF, and that I would see additional weight loss from the AIP approach. So far, he's been right, and some of the chronic issues seem to be improving.

I should know more by mid-year, but up to now, the results have been intriguing.

Last edited:
My goals for 2023 will be to improve my overall health and fitness now that I'm closing in on 40 lbs of weight loss in 2022.

Intermittent fasting (IF) works for me. I've dropped 30 lbs through IF and have kept it off since August.

I've also lost 10 lbs since the end of October by following an autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet. I started this after my son was able to address some chronic health issues through something called AIP and provocation. Basically, you work with a functional medicine practitioner. The AIP diet is fairly restrictive at first - no gluten, dairy, booze, caffeine, sugars/sweeteners, or grain. Coconut, olive, or avocado oils only. No eggs/nuts/seeds/nightshades/high glycemic fruits. The theory is that some chronic health conditions are aggravated by inflammation and/or hormone imbalances triggered by certain dietary components. By systematically re-introducing foods, the bad actors are found. When I first saw this guy, I expressed frustration at plateauing with my weight loss. He told me I had lost the weight I was going to lose by IF, and that I would see additional weight loss from the AIP approach. So far, he's been right, and some of the chronic issues seem to be improving.

I should know more by mid-year, but up to now, the results have been intriguing.

I eat very limited diet but the thought of no booze or caffeine is more then I could consider. I wish you the best !

I eat very limited diet but the thought of no booze or caffeine is more then I could consider. I wish you the best !

Thanks. For now, at least, it's three months. I hope alcohol and coffee won't be off-limits permanently. That would be tough.

I'm still continuing and experimenting with what I'm doing.

The only thing I can't do is IF. My work schedule wouldn't allow it because I work two jobs with no break between finishing one and starting the next, 5 days a week. I eat breakfast at 5.30am, lunch at around 11.30am and dinner anywhere between 8 and 9 or so pm. I just need the fuel.

I'm still continuing and experimenting with what I'm doing.

The only thing I can't do is IF. My work schedule wouldn't allow it because I work two jobs with no break between finishing one and starting the next, 5 days a week. I eat breakfast at 5.30am, lunch at around 11.30am and dinner anywhere between 8 and 9 or so pm. I just need the fuel.

IF became a lot easier with working from home and then retirement.

So I hit the gym last night and it felt good! For some reason, I've been feeling sluggish lately, but today I feel great.
Sometimes the body needs an exercise push to feel tip-top-magoo!

2022 had a lot of twists and turns. had some good stretches of diet/exercise and some really bad ones. Past few months have been really hard to keep on track. Not stressing about it until coming back from a trip mid-january, then going to crack down as best i can. I've found out I just don't do well with small changes, I can't maintain, it's got to be an all or nothing thing with diet/carbs.

A new year, new hopes, and hopefully new habits.

I want to get more active, eat better as a whole, and cut out a lot of my fast food spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back