2023 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what?

Sour cream? I've never seen that. Cottage cheese yes, sour cream no!

Talk to me about this potential heavenly opportunity.
The brand Good Culture makes a lactose free sour cream. There are other brands too that make lactose free stuff including sour cream. Check out Kite Hill.

I don’t use a nutrition coach, but have gotten to be good friends with a personal trainer at my gym and we got on the subject of whole foods vs supplements. Essentially, the body absorbs protein from whole foods slower giving a steady release of amino acids overtime, vs rapidly absorbing the quick protein in a supplement.

I find that eating more whole foods gives me significantly more energy and feel better during my workout, and reserving supplements for post workout only for recovery.
This is a great reminder. I'm not looking for weight loss but I am concerned with the heath benefits from better nutrition. I try to incorporate more whole foods and significantly less processed foods in my dsaily eating.

Costco brand here! Ha! Mix in Franks Red Hot and add Carnivore Chicken Crumbs to it! 42g protein, 7g carbs, 3g fat!

I mostly use it to get my fiber in - mix it with bran cereal as I struggle with dietary fiber with my 'normal' diet.

Wait what?

Sour cream? I've never seen that. Cottage cheese yes, sour cream no!

Talk to me about this potential heavenly opportunity.
Here ya go...

I mostly use it to get my fiber in - mix it with bran cereal as I struggle with dietary fiber with my 'normal' diet.
I have to use Psyllium husk in my protein shakes or else I don't either! Ha!

Giving it the googles it didn't give me anything local which is a huge bummer.

I do want to find some more options that are quality and lactose free.
This is a pretty good brand that I mentioned above, lots of lactose free stuff from them.

Looks like Sober October, during which not one drop of alcoholic beverage has passed my lips and, other than limited enjoyment of my wife's home-baked goodies on one cheat day/week, I'd eliminated all sweet treats, will be a success. I've dropped an additional 2.4 lbs. net weight and, if my BIA body fat analyzer is to be believed, 2.5 lbs. of body fat.

All this while making progress in progressive overload strength training and cardio. So I appear to be getting the nutrition I need--no more, no less.

ETA: Oh yeah: I also mildly reduced meal portion sizes--in most cases.

Last edited:
I try! I eat a LOT of apples but berries are so freaking expensive (at least here)
Get frozen, that's what I started to do. If berries aren't on sale, then I just buy the big frozen bags at costco, because I agree, $7 for a thing of strawberries is stupid! Lately we have had buy 3 for 10 on raspberries, so I have been eating a ton of raspberries and apples. I eat an apple and berries every day.

Get frozen, that's what I started to do. If berries aren't on sale, then I just buy the big frozen bags at costco, because I agree, $7 for a thing of strawberries is stupid! Lately we have had buy 3 for 10 on raspberries, so I have been eating a ton of raspberries and apples. I eat an apple and berries every day.

With the frozen what do you do with them? Thaw them and then eat them? Eat them frozen?

I’m down 20lbs since January. Portion control and try not to eat after 6, if I do, it’s something very light. General exercises done 2-3 times a week and walk, stretch daily as well

With the frozen what do you do with them? Thaw them and then eat them? Eat them frozen?
I keep them frozen and put them into a smoothie. I don't really thaw to eat.

I do agree though that the price of fresh fruit can be insane. We always try to make sure that we're doing things seasonally appropriate.

Get that fruit consumption up, lol.
Im terrible about eating fruit. I did get some this weekend and packed it for a snack, so trying to do better there.

Im terrible about eating fruit. I did get some this weekend and packed it for a snack, so trying to do better there.
Kids have been a godsend for my fruit intake. I don't do a ton of artificial sugars just out of lack of desire to eat junk food but the kids have a lot of fruit so I eat a lot of fruit.

On your grocery list, just keep the top to have berries and banana/orange/apple and make sure when you get your groceries for the day or week that those are always something you look at.

Kids have been a godsend for my fruit intake. I don't do a ton of artificial sugars just out of lack of desire to eat junk food but the kids have a lot of fruit so I eat a lot of fruit.

On your grocery list, just keep the top to have berries and banana/orange/apple and make sure when you get your groceries for the day or week that those are always something you look at.
I love cantaloupe, so I got some of that. Grabbed some red apples too.

Not a fan of berries, grapes or oranges. Bananas cause me some issues.

I put frozen berries right into my yogurt, the texture is actually quite enjoyable and they start to thaw a little on their own the longer they sit in there.
I love fruit, but I was the same way for a while, and then I stopped worrying about the sugar and started making an effort to have at least two servings a day. Now it’s like candy to me, so sweet and delicious.

I put frozen berries right into my yogurt, the texture is actually quite enjoyable and they start to thaw a little on their own the longer they sit in there.

I love fruit, but I was the same way for a while, and then I stopped worrying about the sugar and started making an effort to have at least two servings a day. Now it’s like candy to me, so sweet and delicious.
I can't agree more. I don't look at sugars as much as a lot of people (Not saying they are not important, I just don't look) I look at my fruits as a sweet treat.

I like a lot of fruit, for some reason I just dont eat it often.

However, I just had a bowl of honeydew and cantaloupe and it was fantastic!

I like a lot of fruit, for some reason I just dont eat it often.

However, I just had a bowl of honeydew and cantaloupe and it was fantastic!
That sounds so good. I love all fruit, some more than others, but there really isn't a fruit I dislike. I'm the same way with vegetables, I like 99% of the vegetables I have tried, and I am very glad that I do. Eating healthy would be hard if I hated those things hahaha.

I told my wife I wish Danon would sponsor me with how much greek yogurt I eat haha

Chobani and Oikos are good also. Greek Gods has a honey vanilla flavor that's pretty good too. I just wish there were more choices than strawberry and vanilla in the larger tubs of greek yogurt.

Smoothies. Or add them to greek yogurt as extra flavor

Chobani and Oikos are good also. Greek Gods has a honey vanilla flavor that's pretty good too. I just wish there were more choices than strawberry and vanilla in the larger tubs of greek yogurt.

Smoothies. Or add them to greek yogurt as extra flavor

Oikos is Danon that is what I eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back