2023 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been eating carnivore for 4 days, carb loaded today. Todays work as follows….
12 minutes on elliptical and back/shoulder workout…
4x20 for 4 circuits with dumbbells
Hanging cleans
Upright rows
Overhead standing press
Low back/abs…..3x15 each
4 point cats
One legged hip thrusts
Lying leg lifts

I re-signed up for WW this morning. It worked great the last time I did it, so we shall see. I was doing great on fasting prior to my foot surgery last year but am up 15 lbs since that morning and have just never really gotten back down to that number or beyond(which is the goal).
I don't plan on playing any rounds with you in 2024 unless you get this done.

I don't plan on playing any rounds with you in 2024 unless you get this done.
what's the number have to be? Because not only are we going to play golf, but we are going to hang out by a fire and have some beverages.

what's the number have to be? Because not only are we going to play golf, but we are going to hang out by a fire and have some beverages.
The 15 minimum.

Will those beverages be lemon water? You don't want to drink your calories, that won't help you reach your goals. 😂 😂 😂

The 15 minimum.
Deal...see you in 2024
Will those beverages be lemon water? You don't want to drink your calories, that won't help you reach your goals. 😂 😂 😂
Crap...maybe I should move my internal Hawk-goal to 20. Until then, plenty of gatorade zero and Mio.

Deal...see you in 2024

Crap...maybe I should move my internal Hawk-goal to 20. Until then, plenty of gatorade zero and Mio.
I'm just here to help.

Speaking of help, so far I have not helped myself to any halloween candy. I am honestly not even the slightest bit tempted either for some reason.

I'm just here to help.

Speaking of help, so far I have not helped myself to any halloween candy. I am honestly not even the slightest bit tempted either for some reason.
I stopped last week after I realized I was grabbing a piece here and a piece there. Completely ignored it the last 4 days.

I stopped last week after I realized I was grabbing a piece here and a piece there. Completely ignored it the last 4 days.
I was just putting the candy into a bowl and JB just get grabbing pieces out of it. I am going to have to start handing out protein bars as the night goes on. 😂

Oikos is Danon that is what I eat

I had no idea. I've never read the label that closely. I saw greek yogurt, an okay price, and into the cart it goes.

I had no idea. I've never read the label that closely. I saw greek yogurt, an okay price, and into the cart it goes.
I'm the same. say. Obviously there are substantial differences in some things but those that are typically close I'm looking at price and flavor availability.

Struggling lately with putting ones back on. I don’t think I’m eating unhealthy and yet the weight is going back up with 8lbs over the last two months. Need to get back on a regimen and cut some beer intake.

Struggling lately with putting ones back on. ... Need to get back on a regimen and cut some beer intake.
I was surprised how much difference just one beer a day that I would have with dinner could make.

I've been noticing that my whoop sleep and recovery are always much higher when my sugar/ carb intake is low. Just another reason for me to stick with this!

I was surprised how much difference just one beer a day that I would have with dinner could make.
I’m sure that is exactly it…although I also feel hungrier lately than I have in the past and can’t curb the urge to grab something.

Struggling lately with putting ones back on. I don’t think I’m eating unhealthy and yet the weight is going back up with 8lbs over the last two months. Need to get back on a regimen and cut some beer intake.
Same. October was not my best month, between good beer and halloween candy, I am up 8lbs.

Goals set for the next 3 months.

Same. October was not my best month, between good beer and halloween candy, I am up 8lbs.

Goals set for the next 3 months.
Let’s do it!!!

What happened to you coming up this way?

Let’s do it!!!

What happened to you coming up this way?
Meeting was cancelled, Corporate folks from NYC did not want to travel to Florida due to Covid. :rolleyes:

I did not eat great last night, time to get back on the wagon.

I’m sure that is exactly it…although I also feel hungrier lately than I have in the past and can’t curb the urge to grab something.
What is perceived to be hunger is often really thirst, boredom, or sleepiness. So, when that happens try drinking some water. If that doesn't do it, find something amusing/interesting/engaging to occupy yourself. (Exercise is really good for this because it can both relieve boredom and produce an endorphin rush.) If that doesn't do it, take a power nap.

Should've joined me for Sober October
finger-wagging.gif

Next up: Abstinence April :)

I have gotten so used to eating where my macros are at a max 20% fat, but my coach wants me to up that to 30% on days I do cardio or workout for more than 60 mins. Yesterday was one of those days, and I tried but could only get to 23%, oops! I will have to work on that again tomorrow for my next HIIT day. It's funny because when I first started I was always so high on my fats, I needed to learn to adjust my diet to bring them down, now I am struggling to bring that percentage back up. We really do adapt quickly to the lifestyle.

I saw someone post this and it's kind of brilliant. @War Eagle you ever try this?

View attachment 9220072
Love Peanut Butter, but dont like how calorie dense it is. I keep PB fit in the pantry and will mix it with the fairlife protein shakes. It's fantastic.

Daves Killer thin sliced bread, sugar free jelly, and pbfit/fairlife mix makes an awesome PBJ that is super macro friendly and loaded in protein.

Love Peanut Butter, but dont like how calorie dense it is. I keep PB fit in the pantry and will mix it with the fairlife protein shakes. It's fantastic.

Daves Killer thin sliced bread, sugar free jelly, and pbfit/fairlife mix makes an awesome PBJ that is super macro friendly and loaded in protein.
I am 1000% trying this! I never thought to mix it with an RTD protein shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back