2023 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the chocolate peppermint covered pretzel thins at the grocery store the other day AND they were BOGO, I knew if I bought them it was game over, so I just kept walking...
That's the trick, IMO. If you can avoid buying the stuff in the first place it won't be sittin' around for you to abuse :)

The peppermint bark is something we buy every year. Bought two because my wife thought it looked like they reduced the package size this year.

On a healthier note: I've been supplementing my morning protein bar with a cup of yogurt, recently. I've tried three low-/zero-sugar yogurts: Chobani, Too Good, and Oikos. So far like Oikos the best.

I am starting a 72 hour cleanse fast, to try to kick start something. I need to lose twenty and just can’t get motivated. Weird time to do it right before Thanksgiving, but here we go. I will check back in on Wednesday.

I am starting a 72 hour cleanse fast, to try to kick start something. I need to lose twenty and just can’t get motivated. Weird time to do it right before Thanksgiving, but here we go. I will check back in on Wednesday.
Let's get it! Turkey Day is tough, but get some work in the morning, and then hit a long walk in the evening and you are golden.

I told my nutrition counselor today that I am not tracking what I eat or my weight this week. I will just eat intuitively but I'm not going to even really think about it this week, especially on Thursday, I told her Thursday all bets are off. She was really happy to hear that, said enjoy it and let's chat Monday. Works for me. :)

I told my nutrition counselor today that I am not tracking what I eat or my weight this week. I will just eat intuitively but I'm not going to even really think about it this week, especially on Thursday, I told her Thursday all bets are off. She was really happy to hear that, said enjoy it and let's chat Monday. Works for me. :)
Funny thing about Thursday, when you’re eating really well.., you don’t always wanna mess all that up. Smaller dessert portion, maybe less carbs, but more of proteins. Weird how that works sometimes

Let's get it! Turkey Day is tough, but get some work in the morning, and then hit a long walk in the evening and you are golden.
you think our pies are weight watchers friendly?

Funny thing about Thursday, when you’re eating really well.., you don’t always wanna mess all that up. Smaller dessert portion, maybe less carbs, but more of proteins. Weird how that works sometimes
Go figure after a really good week of working out and cardio, and eating well, I was up 1.2 lbs this morning.

Not letting it bother me, as I feel great, belt is a notch down and the dress shirts I couldnt button up in January are all loose in the mid section.

you think our pies are weight watchers friendly?
I am not putting any calories in mine. I will label it as 0 calorie.

Go figure after a really good week of working out and cardio, and eating well, I was up 1.2 lbs this morning.

Not letting it bother me, as I feel great, belt is a notch down and the dress shirts I couldnt button up in January are all loose in the mid section.
That could be anything though, I’ve seen weight bounce all around before based on if you haven’t even used the restroom that day prior to weighing.

Went back to intermittent fasting today and going to have to figure it out. Gained like 20 lbs since I started back at this job. Can't do it anymore.

That could be anything though, I’ve seen weight bounce all around before based on if you haven’t even used the restroom that day prior to weighing.
Yeah, it's odd. Yesterday was a busy day, got up and did some stuff around the house, ran some errands and survived a Costco trip, and then played 18 in the afternoon. Drank water all day, but didnt actually eat food until 8:30 last night.

Yeah, it's odd. Yesterday was a busy day, got up and did some stuff around the house, ran some errands and survived a Costco trip, and then played 18 in the afternoon. Drank water all day, but didnt actually eat food until 8:30 last night.
That’s almost a 24hr like fast, don’t like that at all!

Went back to intermittent fasting today and going to have to figure it out. Gained like 20 lbs since I started back at this job. Can't do it anymore.
Good luck. You can do this! It gets easier, but the first couple weeks are tough. I've been doing 16/8 for a while now, but started with a little easier 14/10. Most important is just going to be total calories. I personally find it easier to go light breakfast/lunch and have a bit more to eat in the evening, but everybody's different.

Good luck. You can do this! It gets easier, but the first couple weeks are tough. I've been doing 16/8 for a while now, but started with a little easier 14/10. Most important is just going to be total calories. I personally find it easier to go light breakfast/lunch and have a bit more to eat in the evening, but everybody's different.
I did it for 1.5 years and had no issues on 16/8 went to "maintenance" and gained some back.

I did it for 1.5 years and had no issues on 16/8 went to "maintenance" and gained some back.
Maintenance is almost always load of BS for me :ROFLMAO:

That’s almost a 24hr like fast, don’t like that at all!
Just a busy day and didnt have anything at the house that wasnt crap.

For those interested in the LoseIt app they are doing a huge sale on their lifetime membership, it’s only $49.99 right now. Normally it’s $189.99.

For those interested in the LoseIt app they are doing a huge sale on their lifetime membership, it’s only $49.99 right now. Normally it’s $189.99.
This is awesome! Tomorrow is the last day of my free trial!

Thanksgiving... sucks. Too much rich food. I'm off my schedule. Cleared out the fridge last night. 3 days of leftovers was enough. Now if only these 3 pounds would leave as easily.

Thanksgiving... sucks. Too much rich food. I'm off my schedule. Cleared out the fridge last night. 3 days of leftovers was enough. Now if only these 3 pounds would leave as easily.
Time to hop back on the train. Holidays are tough, I decided to eat more protein focused, of course I had sides and what not, but I skipped desert. Which was freaking hard, but I managed to still have a 2 lb loss for the week.

Time to hop back on the train. Holidays are tough, I decided to eat more protein focused, of course I had sides and what not, but I skipped desert. Which was freaking hard, but I managed to still have a 2 lb loss for the week.

Yep, it's back to chicken and salads. No more dessert. It's not easy to lose the weight yet it goes back on so much easier.

Yep, it's back to chicken and salads. No more dessert. It's not easy to lose the weight yet it goes back on so much easier.
Strange isn't it. Eat right for a week, lose a pound - have a big meal gain 2 pounds.

yo @Hawk. I’m half way there. Get ready to tee it up in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back