2024 Golf League Thread

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn’t see one for 2024 opened up and we’ll be playing in 90 days so I started one.

I need to get in a league this year.

I run a 16 man league. I need a cheap scoring software package that can keep skins and individual handicapped stroke play. Any good suggestions?

League meetings are starting here in the Chicagoland Area which means they will be starting soon!!!!! I’ll be in 2 leagues again this year. I sub for a Moose Lodge Men’s league on Wednesdays and then I play my normal 2 man men’s league on Thursdays.

Both have pretty much similar rules. 20 points per match, fluffing allowed, max double par. We almost made the playoffs last year and hoping I don’t get steamrolled by handicappers this year.

Just had our league meeting last night, we start in 2 weeks! A decent turn out and look to be close to our max of 22 (2 man) teams for both early and late league.

We have had 2 "Practice" rounds canceled due to weather.
Our league starts in earnest next Tuesday.

We have had 2 "Practice" rounds canceled due to weather.
Our league starts in earnest next Tuesday.
That seems early for up here although Blackberry Oaks started up their senior league last week, which surprised me.

Play on GolfWeek and APT tour. Got a GolfWeek event in a few weeks.

we have our opening scramble first weekend in may, and run through first week of september, play our 3 county courses 4x we have our majors at the 3 local country clubs, and 1 private course, in between each of the 4 rounds, then finish up with our ryder cup style team event weekend at a destination course, we played lawsonia in green lake wi the last 2 years, we all get airbnbs 60man league. its a great time, great swag.

I run a 16 man league. I need a cheap scoring software package that can keep skins and individual handicapped stroke play. Any good suggestions?

I don't know how much it costs, but it works great for our 32 man league.

Our league starts with an 18 holer on the 21st.

We're supposed to start practice rounds monday but they snow we got a few days ago might postpone that.

what part of northern IL? im over north of rockford.
I'm east of there over in McHenry County. Crystal Lake area. Although I love coming over your way and sneaking out at the ledges and timber pointe

I'm east of there over in McHenry County. Crystal Lake area. Although I love coming over your way and sneaking out at the ledges and timber pointe
let me know when youre going to play ledges, i live a mile from there. play it a couple times a week :-D our county course pass is about the best deal around, like 700$ for unlimited golf at 3 courses. Atwood is really coming along nicely now that its grown up with mature trees.

let me know when youre going to play ledges, i live a mile from there. play it a couple times a week :-D our county course pass is about the best deal around, like 700$ for unlimited golf at 3 courses. Atwood is really coming along nicely now that its grown up with mature trees.
I've never played Atwood. Ledges is a hidden gem!

I've never played Atwood. Ledges is a hidden gem!
shhh dont tell anyone about ledges haha. I play with a lot of guys there randomly from "out east" as in the collar counties, its got a decent little following on the chicago golfers group on facebook, if it was in the north suburbs it'd be probably 80$+ a round. for what it is, IMO its the best value in the rockford area, especially now that we got them to add a 2$ surcharge that goes directly to course maintenance for every round. Theyve been redoing bunkers with it.

1st week of my 9 hole league last night. Match Play, Points awarded on Strokes and Holes
I was giving 1 stroke.
After winning the first hole, I lost 2 of the next 4 and then proceeded to win the last 3 holes to win 4-2.
Lost on strokes by 2 - made up some strokes at the end of the round.
@Nerdy While WWGC is not about Match Play, it's about consistency and staying focused.

1st week of my 9 hole league last night. Match Play, Points awarded on Strokes and Holes
I was giving 1 stroke.
After winning the first hole, I lost 2 of the next 4 and then proceeded to win the last 3 holes to win 4-2.
Lost on strokes by 2 - made up some strokes at the end of the round.
@Nerdy While WWGC is not about Match Play, it's about consistency and staying focused.
Love it. My league doesn't start till after we get back, but I paid the dues last week. Ready to get it rolling!

Back