25mph club speed gain possible? 400+ yards possible?

Bonsaiman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to golf with a total of 3 driving range trips. My goal is to hit the driver the farthest possible. Since my first visit, I've been fantasizing about hitting the driver 400+yards
๐Ÿ˜„
. Now I'm seriously thinking, could I make this fantasy a reality?

So far my farthest total yard drive has been 280. My average swing speed reads around 118-121mph. I am using a 2012 model rbz tm driver. I know my club contact and swing is not fully dialed in as I am still a newbie. Besides that I am kinda older at 35years old, am I overstepping on what's possible on this 400+yard fantasy? From researching I read that typically a 10mph gain max is possible. But could a 25mph gain be achievable with some hard training?

Besides working out(cardio,weight training and water work)? I am looking on learning and adopting a training regiment to bring my club speed mph up.

Can someone give me some insight and advice on how i can achieve and how to train to possibly reach this goal?

Thank you
๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

1. Go to a reputable machinist and have him micro weld a inset in the face of your driver to hold a .22 long.

2. Catch the ball in the sweet spot.

3. Stand back and admire. ;)

Well my old man question is why? if you could drive it a true 300 at will and know where it is going you could take most courses apart. Now then you will need a wedge game that is tight and good putting helps....

Except for the fun of just hitting that far and if you always play courses that are straight line holes over 7,200 yds again why?

118 to 121 mph swing speed netting 280 yards tells me your launch characteristics are holding you back or you consistently hit into a 50 mph head wind. Fix that and you'll gain yardage without changing your swing speed. Maximize your your efficiency first by getting fit and upgrading your driver and once you've done that, then focus on increasing speed if that's really your goal.

I'm not touching this ...

Thank you guys for replies. I have a new respect for the art of Golf! After reading these comments and doing some research testing I found that I'm jumping the gun as I haven't even mastered and dialed in my swing yet.

. I slowed my speed and tempo down to 108-113 and I'm getting better consistent hits. When i was swinging at 120 I would miss sometimes and get crappy hits to the right. I came to a realization that speed and distance doesn't matter unless it's a straight playable hit. And quality beats quantity in golf.

Thanks guys

Thank you guys for replies. I have a new respect for the art of Golf! After reading these comments and doing some research testing I found that I'm jumping the gun as I haven't even mastered and dialed in my swing yet.

. I slowed my speed and tempo down to 108-113 and I'm getting better consistent hits. When i was swinging at 120 I would miss sometimes and get crappy hits to the right. I came to a realization that speed and distance doesn't matter unless it's a straight playable hit. And quality beats quantity in golf.

Thanks guys

Reducing your strike on the face on the club to within a 1" circle will net you far more distance than swinging 10 mph harder and hitting it all over the face. Not to mention as you found, a 300 yard drive down the middle will always win over 330 yard drive into the trees/water/OB

Last edited:
I can swing the club at 200mph - any club....but that's not with a ball involved. As for 400 plus yards..... done that plenty of times on the abandoned airport runway nearby.

Welcome to THP. <--- that's all I got:ROFLMAO:

Hi everyone,

I am new to golf with a total of 3 driving range trips. My goal is to hit the driver the farthest possible. Since my first visit, I've been fantasizing about hitting the driver 400+yards
๐Ÿ˜„
. Now I'm seriously thinking, could I make this fantasy a reality?

So far my farthest total yard drive has been 280. My average swing speed reads around 118-121mph. I am using a 2012 model rbz tm driver. I know my club contact and swing is not fully dialed in as I am still a newbie. Besides that I am kinda older at 35years old, am I overstepping on what's possible on this 400+yard fantasy? From researching I read that typically a 10mph gain max is possible. But could a 25mph gain be achievable with some hard training?

Besides working out(cardio,weight training and water work)? I am looking on learning and adopting a training regiment to bring my club speed mph up.

Can someone give me some insight and advice on how i can achieve and how to train to possibly reach this goal?

Thank you
๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
Take lessons (shameless plug) and keep swinging for the 400+ yards.

Back