Dude this thread just keeps giving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f0e75614dabde32f7b13fa6c36f15668.jpg ...

The photos just keep popping up....
f24353069822be6aace15da7188437c8.jpg

Today is the 25th. 5-2=3 5+2= 7 7x3+7=28 2-5=-3... 28-3

Last edited:
I'm laughing at the mathematical liberties being taken. :)

Today is 10/25. There have been 10 Superbowls in the last 10 years. The Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the last one. 10 goes into 25 two and a half times. Two and a half rounded up is 3. 25 plus 3 is 28. The Falcons blew a 28-3 lead.

Yeah, it only took me 18 years to get over Buckner.

(That stupid, no good for nothin, can't catch a grounder, made Wade Boggs cry and go to the Yankees, SOB).

Funny you should bring him up:

In 1986, the Patriots beat the Falcons 25-17. That was the 1 time those two teams played each other in 1986. 25-17 is 8. 25+17+8+1 is 51. The Falcons blew a 25 point lead in SB 51.

JohnSinVA? More like JohnSnotinTCHE18

Post wisely hahaha

Look on the bright side Shred. You still have this stat to brag about!

screenshot_2017-02-01_at_3.jpg

Although the Red Sox have won multiple World Series since 1986 i'm still not over Buckner (even though the Sox already blew that lead and the game was tied at the time of the grounder). I still turn the channel when the replay comes on tv.

I am also a firm believer that for any die hard Red Sox fan (and not the new pink hat fans), coming back from the 0-3 deficit vs the Yankees was bigger than them going on to eventually win the World Series. Times have changed since then but a Red Sox/Yankees match up was as big as any rivalry ever. It dominated the news and newspapers for the week leading up to and dissected for weeks after. Arod almost became a member of the Red Sox that off season before eventually being traded to the Yankees. There was a bench clearing brawl between the 2 teams earlier in th season when Aron was hit by a pitch leading to the famous photograph of Varitek filling Arod's face with his catchers mitt.

Let's not forget that the Red Sox and Yankees met the previous year in the ALCS that went 7 games before Aaron Boone broke the hearts of every Red Sox fan yet again (and grew our hatred for the Yankees)! Going down 3-0 (including a 19-8 drubbing in Game 3) most of the country thought this one was over...except for us diehard Red Sox fans!

Game 4 featured "The Steal"...Dave Roberts stealing 2nd after being inserted as a pinch runner. Bill Mueller followed with a single scoring Roberts to tie the game. 2 innings later David Ortiz blasts a 2 run game ending HR.

Game 5 was a 14 inning nail biting marathon that was finally won with a David Ortiz (11 pitch at bat) single up the middle.

Game 6 featured Curt Schilling and the "bloody sock" and a gutsy 7 inning pitching performance. It was also highlighted by public enemy #1 Alex Rodriguez attempting to knock the baseball out of Bronson Arroyo's arm as he ran toward s first base (and was ultimately ruled out). In the 9th inning after a close play at first went against the Yankees the fans showed their obvious displeasure by filling the field with debris. It was so bad that the umpire had a meeting the the NY mayor, the Director of MLB security, and local NYPD members. Police officers were summoned onto the field in full riot gear and remained there for the top 9th inning. The Yankees went quietly in the bottom of the 9th ans onto Game 7

For Game 7 the Yankees trotted out Bucky Dent to throw out the ceremonial 1st pitch. For those who don't know it was Dent back in 1978 who crushed Red Sox fans once again with his HR in the 1 game playoff to decide the AL East Champion. It was all for naught. After the grueling 3 games the Yankees were done. The Sox went on to roll in this one and take it 10-3 finishing off one of the best 7 game series in all of sports history.

After coming back and beating the Yankees there was no way the Cardinals stood a chance in the World Series and were swept by the Sox in 4 games.

I know this was a thread about last years Superbowl but the mention of Buckner and the Red Sox got me nostalgic!

Aaron Boone still makes me quiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone notice anything fishy about the PO # and Shipper Reference?

db351df61e0beca4904b5f711ed98cc3.jpg

Haha.
DB gots jokes : )

DB TT is brutal, sorry shred but that is so damn funny.

Cold blooded savage that Don Brown is

Haha well played DB!

Sorry Shred, but I am finding it hard not to laugh at the joke being thrown at you

On the other hand, keep it going please Don :D

Wow....the gift that keeps on giving! :laughing:

Savage lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Me at the next event...

giphy.gif

Back