2nd Best QB of All Time

I love this choice. There is a book called “clearing the bases” by Alan Bara and he breaks it down so well. Would never have considered Starr before but now I’m all in.
I know right.

Definitely Montana

Joe Montana

like brady it was about clutch play. we can argue that multiple guys could throw a ball better then both of them but at winning time I want tom or joe

I'll take Drew Brees all day.

Joe Montana a close 3rd.
Wouldn't go #2 but definitely got every ounce of talent out of himself...maybe more then any qb ever.

If he could have gotten that 2nd ring then maybe top 5

I’m surprised there is so much debate here

what is the deciding factor? clutch gene, chips or consistency. elway with 5 superbowl games is 2nd to brady.

Montana and Manning going back and forth. Montana had that edge though when you needed the win that it felt like Manning lacked sometimes, like he would overthink it too much.

The best may have actually played for the Browns. Otto Graham. But comparison is too difficult.
I mean a lot of great have played for the Browns...take your pick

Johnny Manziel
Tim Couch
Ty Detmer
Vinny Testaverde
Bernie Kosar
Deshaun Watson
Maybe Jimmy Garappolo 🤔

But in all seriousness, I'd have to say Peyton Manning

How about Antwaan Randel El?

1660395690236.jpeg

So many great names here. You’ve got guys in the pre merger era like Starr, Unitas, and Graham who were coaches on the field. Different type of QB than the gunslinger types like Marino, Favre and Elway. Then, you have the high TD / low INT “game manager” guys like Wilson, Young, Brees, Brady, Rodgers and P. Manning. Then, a few I can’t quite place who just got ‘er done like Staubach, Montana and E. Manning. My own faves include Randall Cunningham and Archie Manning.

In the end, I think #2 is Montana with an edge over Elway.

Big games matter so it’s Montana for me. If Peyton or Elway would have had another Super Bowl win or two, my ranking might be different.

Montana for me.

Brady
Montana
P. Manning
Aikman

I think my bias towards players I’ve seen play is showing. Brady and Manning have given me some heartburn over the years but watching Montana play was fun. And as much as I dislike putting a Cowboys QB up there, those Cowboys teams did some damage with Aikman under center.

Back