CONTEST 2nd Golden Ticket for the 2020 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** yeah! :TrueTemper: Ride or Die in the irons! Might go :UST:in my Woods - sprinkle in a little :projectx: ❤ and maybe a :NipponShaft: in the UT

Lot of love for the King Black Wedges in entries, curious as to why some people went King Black vs MIM?
I’ve played the king black before for about a season or so. They are wonderful but I really want to try the new mim

That’s to much club for me bet they are beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love blade/CB type clubs, but is all about trying out the new tech. I can’t really say I love technology and discussing it if I’m not giving it a shot right

Speedzone Black/White, w/ Evenflow White 65 X flex w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 Wraps
Speedzone 16" TourFairway w/Evenflow Blue 75 X Flex w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 Wraps
King Utility Black 2-3 Utility w/Hzrdus Black 85 w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps
King Forged Tec 4 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil X-Stiff 110, 1 degree flat w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps (PLEASE DO THIS IN BLACK!!!!)
King Forged CB 5-6 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil X-Stiff 110 1 degree flat w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps
King Forged MB 7-PW Iron UST Mamiya Recoil X-Stiff 110 1 degree flat w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps
King Black Wedge 50* Versatile grind UST Mamiya Recoil Stiff 110 1 degree flat w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps
King Black Wedge 56* Wide Low, bent 1 degree strong, UST Mamiya Recoil Stiff 110 1 degree flat w/ MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps
King Black Wedge 60* Wide Low, UST Mamiya Recoil Stiff 110 w/ 1 degree flat MCC+4 Cobra Connect Grip + 2 wraps

That'd be a KILLER SPEED KING setup.

Entry:

Cobra King Speedzone 10.5 Degree Black/White, UST Helium Black 5, Stiff, Golf Pride NDMC black/white std
King Speedzone 3 Big Tour Fairway Black/White, Aldila NV2KXV Blue 60, Stiff Flex, Golf Pride NDMC black/white std
King Utility Black 2-3, KBS Proto 85, Stiff Flex, Golf Pride NDMC black/white std
King Forged Tec Irons, 4-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120, 2 Degree up, Golf Pride NDMC black/white std
King MIM Wedges, 50, 54, 60 Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Wedge 115, Stiff, Golf Pride NDMC black/white std

Last edited:
There are too many options. I keep looking at other peoples responses and think to myself "I need that!" I must stop!

Okay, here is my bag:

Speedzone 10.5 driver
Helium Black x-stiff shaft
Speedzone big tour fairway
Helium Black stiff shaft
Speedzone hybrid 21*
V2 black stiff shaft
Forged Tec irons
4-gw
Recoil 110 stiff
King Black 52* versatile grind
KBS C-taper stiff shaft
King Black 56* Versatile grind
KBS C-taper stiff shaft

Golf Pride grips on all, tour velvet midsize in black.

I enjoyed putting that together. Thank you for the opportunity!!!

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Constantly thinking about how Jdtox needs some teammates....

Reading through all the setups, definitely some intriguing ones in here that have me pondering some different ideas.

Taking the F9s out tomorrow, may have to setup. Hybrid Irons have been very successful the last few weeks.

Keep getting those entries in.

#TeamHackersRepeat

@jdtox and I could ride together from Michigan to Utah. Would look something like this

Leaving Michigan more like this....

Reading through all the setups, definitely some intriguing ones in here that have me pondering some different ideas.

Taking the F9s out tomorrow, may have to setup. Hybrid Irons have been very successful the last few weeks.

#TeamHackersRepeat
How in the world are you playing golf up there? its freezing and cold and wet here

#TeamHackersRepeat

In addition to pondering my own setup, it has been fun and interesting to see everyone else's choices. I haven't seen much interest in the T Rails. My biggest ponder is the irons and whether to go all graphite.

#TeamHackersRepeat

YESSSS some OL love
This has been a lot of fun and extremely educational! Spent a lot of time on THP and Cobra researching the different options. I also decided to take the one length plunge, especially after listening to JB on the Golf Unfiltered podcast. I do struggle with my longer irons so why not simplify everything and cut out the variable length variable.

Official Entry:
Driver- King Speedzone 10.5* in Black/White, MCA Tensei CK Blue 60 regular flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

Fairway- King Speedzone 14.5* in black/white, MCA Tensei CK Blue 65 regular flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

Hybrids (One Length)- King Speedzone 3H(19*) UST Recoil 480 ESX in Regular flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

King Speedzone 4H(21*) UST Recoil 480 ESX in Regular flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

Irons (One Length)- King Speedzone 5i-GW, UST Recoil 460 ESX in Regular flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

Wedges (One Length)- King Black Wedge 54*, UST Recoil 95 Regular Flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

King Black Wedge 58*, UST Recoil 95 Regular Flex, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard black with Cobra Connect

Thank you THP and Cobra/Puma for this opportunity. Hope to join Team Hackers in 2020 and represent in the Morgan Cup with pride! I wouldn’t be bummed or upset at all if I ended up on Team Paradise! I would still show up and make all the past and present Morgan Cup players proud! :)
OL wedges only come in 56 and 60 by the way, and Cobra won't bend the Black wedges for you. Could get it done yourself though.
Cobra KING FORGED TEC OL Irons 5-GW Project X Catalyst 80 Stiff With GolfPride New Decade MCC standard grips Black/White
Oohhh this is exciting

Driver: King Speedzone-Aldila Rogue Silver-XS-Cobra Connect Lamkin UTX-Midsize
Fairway 3-4: King Speedzone Big Tour-Aldila Rogue Silver-XS-Cobra Connect Lamkin UTX-Midsize
Hybrid 4H: King F9 Speedback KBS Proto95-XS+1/2" Cobra Connect Lamkin UTX-Midsize
Irons 5-PW: King F9 Speedback-DG X7 + 1/2" -Cobra Connect Lamkin UTX-Midsize
Wedges: King Black Wedges 50/54/58/60(Versitile) TrueTemp-S400 + 1/2"-Cobra Connect Lamkin UTX-Midsize
Such a good waste of time to dream! :D The new Cobra gear is gorgeous!

YESSSS some OL love

OL wedges only come in 56 and 60 by the way, and Cobra won't bend the Black wedges for you. Could get it done yourself though.

Oohhh this is exciting
I should have read a little more closer on the Cobra site about the King Black wedges! I will edit my bag selection to go with 56* and 60*.
@JB @Canadan or others in the know, any information on why the King Black OL is only offered in the 56,60* lofts?

In addition to pondering my own setup, it has been fun and interesting to see everyone else's choices. I haven't seen much interest in the T Rails. My biggest ponder is the irons and whether to go all graphite.

#TeamHackersRepeat

Since I'm super interested in OL I decided against a Trail long iron.

Since I'm super interested in OL I decided against a Trail long iron.

I was thinking more along the lines of a complete set of T Rails. There have been threads and discussions regarding the benefits of hybrid irons, yet most here are gravitating towards the Speedzone or Forged Tec Irons. I know it's a matter of personal choice. But, there has been so much favorable feedback for the new hybrid irons, I though more people would be gravitating in that direction.

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Constantly thinking about how Jdtox needs some teammates....

I know a guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRIVER: SPEEDZONE 10.5 (White), w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
FAIRWAY: 3W KING SPEEDZONE Big Tour Fwy 13.5deg w/ Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7X
5W KING SPEEDZONE FWY 19 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7x
IRONS: 4-GW KING Forged Tec w/TT AMT White PVD X100
WEDGES: KING MIM 54/58 w/ KBS Hi-REV 2.0 125 Stiff

All with the ALIGN MCC Plus 4 grips.

Driver- Speedzone Xtreme 9* White, PX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 60g, Lamkin Crossline Connect Black
FW- Speedzone 3W White, PX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 70g, Lamkin Crossline Connect Black
Hybrid- Speedzone 3H, Black/Yellow, PX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 70g, Lamkin Crossline Connect Black
Irons- King Forged TEC 4-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite 110-R, Lamkin Crossline Connect Black
Wedges- King MiM 54* & 58*, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff, Lamkin Crossline Connect Black

MAN, THAT IS A KILLER SETUP!

Driver: SZX 9* w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff flex w/ MCC Align Gry/Blk Std size
FW: Speedzone Big Tour 13.5*w/ HZRDUS Yellow 70 6.0 w/ MCC Align Gry/Blk Std size
Hybrids: 3H and 4H, Speedzone w/ Tensei CK Blue 80 w/ MCC Align Gry/Blk Std size
Irons: Speedzone 5-GW w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff w/ MCC Align Gry/Blk Std size
Wedges: King Black Wedges (56* and 60* in Versatile grind) w/TT dynamic gold S300 stiff w/ MCC Align Gry/Blk Std size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back