CONTEST 2nd Golden Ticket for the 2020 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
D - SZX 10.5 Degree, Helium Black shaft, Stiff 5F4 59gram , connect Grip
3w - Big Tour fwy, PX HZRDUS Yellow 70 Stiff, Lamkin Cross line connect
5w - SZ fwy, MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff, standard connect grip
4i - F9 Speedback, Stiff Design Tour AD IZ 95, 1/4" Long, 1o Up, Sonar Connect grip blue/black
5-GW - T-Rail, Recoil 95 Stiff F4, MCC Align+4 std gray
56/60 - King MIM wedges, Recoil 110 Stiff F4 , MCC+4 std gray

I like chaos.

There are some solid setups, but I guess I’m gonna maybe clarify for people so there’s less doubt or question: your setups can only include shafts from TT/PX, UST Mamiya, Mitsubishi Rayon Chemical, and Aldila.

Are you saying it is only the stock shafts that can be used?

Speedzone Driver 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 60 (Black and White, I'm pretty boring haha)
Speedzone 3 wood Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 60
Speedzone Hybrid 17* UST Recoil 480 ESX Stiff
Speedzone Hybrid 21* UST Recoil 480 ESX Stiff
Forged Tec 5-PW UST Recoil 110
King Black wedges 50, 54, 58 UST Recoil 110
Grips- Golf Pride MCC Align

Based on my experience last year I would say it's a combination of both the stock shafts and some other no-upcharge shafts. Which means the Graphite Design shaft you have selected is probably not an option (upcharge shaft).

Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on my experience last year I would say it's a combination of both the stock shafts and some other no-upcharge shafts. Which means the Graphite Design shaft you have selected is probably not an option (upcharge shaft).

Last year there were a number of shafts that were custom options that had an uncharge.
Shaft choices are not selected based on cost or free. I select them personally.

Glad no one noticed my upcharge grips ;)

Last year there were a number of shafts that were custom options that had an uncharge.
Shaft choices are not selected based on cost or free. I select them personally.

My mistake on that.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Are you saying it is only the stock shafts that can be used?
The way I read it, you have an open catalog to choose from of the shafts made available from Project X (I'm assuming TT from the iron shafts, but that is strictly an assumption and since I went with PX shafts in my irons, I haven't really delved too much into clarification), Aldila, MRC, and UST Mamiya.

If one can read...it's not that hard to figure out. :ROFLMAO:

And since we like to speak genuinely here at THP, despite not needing to. If the banner is on the bottom of the screen, odds are the shafts will be available for people. At least the brand will be. If it's not, I'm not going to include them if I am the one choosing again.

While we are not pay for play here, this is a special THP Experience and those that believe and love this community will be rewarded.

Guys I can only say this a few more times. We need shaft info with each club.
Brand, Model, Flex/Weight.
Grip Model as well.

Failure to add that will have your entry not counted.

Let's see if I can get this right the first time:

Driver: SpeedZone 9* Stiff Aldila Rogue Silver 60g weight class @ 44.5", B&W, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize
Fairway: SpeedZone Big Tour 3w Stiff Project X HZRDUS Yellow 70g weight class @ 42", B&Y, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize
Hybrid: SpeedZone 3H Stiff UST Recoil 480, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize
Utility: King Black 3-4, Stiff UST Recoil 780 SmacWrap Black, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize
Irons: King Forged CB 5-GW, Stiff UST Recoil 110, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize
Wedge: King Black 52* Classic, 2* weak, Stiff UST Recoil 110, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize
Wedge: King Black 58* WideLow, +1/2" Length, -1* Lie, Stiff UST Recoil 110, Lamkin X-Line Cord Connect Midsize

Would have gone T-Rails instead of hybrid/utility, but the option to configure single T-Rail irons wasn't on the Cobra site.

Last edited:
And since we like to speak genuinely here at THP, despite not needing to. If the banner is on the bottom of the screen, odds are the shafts will be available for people. At least the brand will be. If it's not, I'm not going to include them if I am the one choosing again.

While we are not pay for play here, this is a special THP Experience and those that believe and love this community will be rewarded.

f**k yeah! :TrueTemper: Ride or Die in the irons! Might go :UST:in my Woods - sprinkle in a little :projectx: ❤ and maybe a :NipponShaft: in the UT

Lot of love for the King Black Wedges in entries, curious as to why some people went King Black vs MIM?

D - SZX 10.5 Degree, Helium Black shaft, Stiff 5F4 59gram , connect Grip
3w - Big Tour fwy, PX HZRDUS Yellow 70 Stiff, Lamkin Cross line connect
5w - SZ fwy, MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff, standard connect grip
4i - F9 Speedback, Stiff Design Tour AD IZ 95, 1/4" Long, 1o Up, Sonar Connect grip blue/black
5-GW - T-Rail, Recoil 95 Stiff F4, MCC Align+4 std gray
56/60 - King MIM wedges, Recoil 110 Stiff F4 , MCC+4 std gray

I like chaos.

Might want to change that 4i my friend. #SPEEDZONE

I feel like I've short changed myself only choosing 1 fairway wood out of that litany of options.

**** yeah! :TrueTemper: Ride or Die in the irons! Might go :UST:in my Woods - sprinkle in a little :projectx: and maybe a :NipponShaft: in the UT

Lot of love for the King Black Wedges in entries, curious as to why some people went King Black vs MIM?

I always go with dark wedges because sun glare can give me migraines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some solid setups, but I guess I’m gonna maybe clarify for people so there’s less doubt or question: your setups can only include shafts from TT/PX, UST Mamiya, Mitsubishi Rayon Chemical, and Aldila.

It said 'available on their website', no?

Driver: King SPEEDZONE (B&W) 10.5º Project X HZRDUS Smoke YellowYellow 70 Stiff
Fairway: King SPEEDZONE (B&W) Big Tour 3Fwy 15º Project X HZRDUS Yellow 70 Stiff
Utility Iron: King Utility Black 2-3 Iron UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap Stiff
Hybrid: King SPEEDZONE 4H UST Mamiya Recoil 480 ESX Stiff
Irons: King SPEEDZONE 5-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 480 ESX Stiff
Wedges: King Black 54º & 58º Wedges True Temper Dynamic Gold Stiff

All grips are Lamkin Crossline Cobra Connect.

That's what the article said, no upcharge options are available on their website. I think those would be fair game.

That's what the article said, no upcharge options are available on their website. I think those would be fair game.

"Plenty of equipment has been released by COBRA Golf over the last few months. Your job will be to put a bag together of 13 clubs and shafts that are available on their website (shaft options are available in our articles) that would make you smile and want to play your best. "

While this is merely a contest, in reality the wording was speaking to clubs that had those listed already and were available.
Guessing what shafts will be available based on what has been in the past, does not always work.

Might want to change that 4i my friend. #SPEEDZONE
I stand by the chaos quote. But, it's one of the few current offerings that Cobra has that i've actually been hands on with.
More of being familiar than anything else.

Well I chose shafts available on their website, but I'm pretty sure most of them were upcharge options. I know the KBS c-taper lite matte blacks were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back