2nd Swing,.. deal or no deal ??

tinGolf

Reaction score
Anyone have an experience with 2nd Swing ? I have been watching it for a bit, and I really am not feeling that it is much of a deal. I have been watching for Ping G410 and/or G425's, but am not really seeing anything that I would prefer over just buying brand new from Ping. Thoughts,.. experiences,.??

Thanks.

I’ve bought from and sold to them in the past. Everything was used and as described at a discount from buying new that made it worth the imperfections.

I feel like 2nd Swing is always a bit higher than they should be. I like that they post actual pictures of the items typically.

I've always had good experiences with 2nd Swing. Especially with their prior-gen Ping stuff....I think they are an affiliate for them as they'll often have "like new" used stuff for Ping, which are basically brand new.

I’ve had all positive transactions with 2nd Swing.

I've made numerous purchases from 2nd Swing and found them to be excellent to deal with. Between getting to view pictures of the actual club you are buying and condition descriptions which I have found to be conservative, there are no surprises. As noted above, although they don't sell at fire sale prices, in my view they are reasonable. Also, customer service and communications are great.

Only positive experiences. They have quite a few New items listed under the used section which with current supply chain delays can be a good avenue to get product in hand quick if the specs suit you (adjustments also available). I've traded-in stuff with them too and find the values to be good and the process seamless. The other good thing if you can't do a fitting is that they have a 30-day playability guarantee during which you can return items and receive a full re-fund no questions asked (I've used this).

I bet @Lions81 has a few things to say about them

Golf is super popular and that seems to have driven up the price of used gear. I was recently in the market for everything and was going to buy a used set of irons. Here locally anything that was 2-ish years old was only about 10% off of the new price. And they moved fairly quickly! Might as well buy new, assuming you can find what you want in stock.

I've been in the 2nd Swing site a lot. I may wind up buying something from them soon. They seem to have fairly consistent sales. A month or so ago it was 15% off of iron sets. Right now it's 10% off of drivers.

I’ve purchased from them , no issues. Club condition has been better than advertised. I do believe 2nd swing , global golf and at least one other online companies are actually owned by one company

I purchaseed from them and sold clubs to them, very good customer service and clubs were as advertised.

I have bought from them a few times throughout the years and never had anything but good experiences.

Have had good experiences buying used stuff from them. Much less positive one making a new custom order through them.

I have bought used clubs from them in the past, no problems whatsoever. I ordered a new Ping G425 Max driver from them a few days ago and expecting it to arrive this Thursday, just in time for my Friday morning round. I’ll report back if any issue arises, but I really don’t expect any.

That's a tough one. It looks like SS is selling a 9.0 G410 for $50 off retail and an 8.0 for $100 off retail.

I play the G410 and bought new it at the current discounted price point. For me it was worth the extra cost as I've tended to keep PING drivers longer than any other driver. (Played the G15 for 5 years. Played the G400 Max for 2 years and absolutely regretted selling it and bought the G410 which isn't going anywhere)

I once bought a G400 Max from them that it had a huge dent in the sole that I didn't see in the pictures online. They took it right back and exchanged it for a different one with no problems. I bought it on sale at the time so it was a decent deal but generally I think their used prices are a bit high but I have zero concern about their service.

I keep watching their site, for many thing I would like to try,.. but just have not pulled the trigger yet. Prices,.. yeah that too.

Great service and usually a bit on the pricey side as mentioned. Always a decent selection though and their service has always been top-notch. Get on their mailing list and 10% discount e-mail’s pop up often.

I just got used Srixon ZX7s with 6.0 PX LZ shafts.
Turns out they were actually brand-new with the cellophane on the them still.
I ordered on a TH afternoon and they were delivered on Monday with standard shipping.
2nd Swing was really good.
Now FedEx, they sucked. They delivered my clubs to the CLE Clinic. I live 25 miles from there.
I had to go get them myself.

Have been watching that site for several months now and have noticed fewer clubs and prices have been going up. I do like the feature that you can actually have them modify the club before they're shipped. So if you know your specs you can get it all done even before they arrive

I keep watching their site, for many thing I would like to try,.. but just have not pulled the trigger yet. Prices,.. yeah that too.

My nephew really like 2nd swing and never had a bad experience. They have always been a bit high compared to Golf Avenue, Rock Botttom Golf, or Global Golf, all I've ordered from with no issues at all. Since Covid all the prices are up on all of them regardless it seems. My 1996 TM Burner irons I paid 88$ for are now around 200$ for 3-PW in some places. Check out ebay , too, cause Global Golf and Golf Avenue both have stores and offer free shipping as standard on lots of clubs.

i had a chance to visit their brick and morter store in Columbia MD. I walked in and was pretty overwhelmed with the amt of used gear they had.
then behind their fitting bays was another area called the vault. All I know is they must be affiliated with Titleist because they had an entire 5 foot section from top to bottom rack with T300 used iron sets as well as another bin on the floor with probably another 20-30 sets.
Pricing as mentioned was on the higher side but if you were looking for an older used club they would likely have it.
I imagine they are probably making a killing with the golf resurgence where they can charge a premium on used clubs. But 2-5 yrs ago, at their pricing, couldn't see them moving too much inventory.

I’ve bought two things from them, online. 1 was a titleist TS2 hybrid, find a 20$ off coupon. And the serving m second was a 3 wood shaft for me club. Yes they are a bit pricy, but not significantly more when you factor in shipping. That’s a baked in cost (i think).

so far I’ve been happy with my purchases and they arrived quickly.

I live in the Twin Cities so go to their brick and mortar stores fairly frequently, to buy used stuff, while expensive, usually a pretty good selection. Custom stuff is a whole 'nother story. I got custom fit and ordered my Ping G irons from them about 5 years ago. They said ~3 weeks at the time. 3 weeks came and went, finally called them and they said would be another month because had to wait for mid-size grips. I said just put 4 wraps of tape under standard grips. They did that and I got them shortly thereafter. Point is, they never told me there was an issue.

Now, beginning of June I ordered a custom set of Wilson irons and they said I should get them mid July. I called beginning of July (being proactive) to check the status, see if I need to switch grips or shafts or anything, they said on track to received July 16. That dates comes and goes, I email their custom order team, no response after waiting a week. Finally I call and they say should be in 8/3. That date comes and goes, I call again and they say the shaft I want is out of stock so I should receive them August 26th. I said I told them I was willing to switch grips or shafts to get them sooner and why didn't they let me know. They said it is all the manufacturer's fault.

As I write this I am getting pissed. Just remember, if you custom order from them they will not advocate for you.

Back