WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
I have read a couple of threads on THP on keeping one's stats.

I am not much of stats person myself, but I do still pay attention to a couple of old stat habits.

One is I try to keep track of how many holes I have played with no 3, or more putts. My personal best is 51 straight holes with 2 or less putts. The score on the hole is not that important. I just don't like 3, or more putts on any hole.

A second number I watch for is not having any 6s, or higher numbers on my card during a round. This one I have mentally kept track of for several years. I got the idea from a book on Golf Tips". Iirc Manuel de la Torey offered up this tip. I might get a 5 on a par 3, but no 6s on my card. I have gone as many any 78 straight holes without a 6. However, that was years ago. These days if I can get 18 holes in without a 6, I'm a happy golfer.

Another number I am starting to look at is the number of 18 hole rounds where I scored 89, or less. A relative got me interested in this number.

For me, these 3 numbers tell me how my golf journey going.

I definitely agree about the 3-putts, but the 6’s might happen. Stroke index 1, 2, and 3 holes are all par 4’s at our local course.

i do both right now im happy with bogy golf so a 6 on a par 5 is ok for me at the moment

6 avoidance goes hand in hand with no 3 jacks.

I only weigh my round my "no 3 putts" and "no double bogeys". As long as both hold true, I feel I had a good round.

My score includes quadratic equations and exponents to tally it up. I’m thankful that USGA set the limit to max double bogey per holes otherwise I’d probably be the first person to score 500.

Needless to say I’m not surprised to see double and triple par numbers.:ROFLMAO:

I really like that as a couple simple numbers to have as goals to avoid. Keeps it simple, allows for something attainable to be tracked, and feel encouraged by. Keeps the thinking as glass half full more often than half empty for a certain level of player. I really like it. I'm going to share this idea with someone I think it will benefit. Thanks.

The only stat I worry about on the course is keeping the score under 80. I’m a horrid putter so I’ll usually have a 3 jack or two along with some sort of crooked number. It’s all part of my game which isn’t pretty, but effective!

Back