Dan McClellan

Reaction score
Handicap
They just mentioned an interesting statistic during the Tour Championship. PGA Tour golfers average a 3-putt every 32 holes (!). Luke Donald averages a 3-putt every 83 holes and currently has a 415-hole streak without a 3-putt. That's why he's got the best scoring average on tour. Wow.

I played my first round without a 3 putt a couple days ago. It was quite a feat for my game.

I played my first round without a 3 putt a couple days ago. It was quite a feat for my game.

Hey, congrats! It's a fun accomplishment (as long as it means you shot better).

I wish I could cut my 3-putts down that much. Thats an interesting stat indeed.

Thats a very interesting Stat! Never knew that.

Avoiding 3 putts is huge, luckily I'm a pretty good putter and avoid 3 putts more than often, I just need to start making more 1st putts to score so that means I need to make my approaches better. Really good putting can save a not so good round.

Drive for show, putt for dough! Luke shows it better than anybody in the world. Doesn't hit the ball a mile, and doesn't need to in order to score well!

And that PGA Tour average may or may not be skewed by Phil. :D

I am happy with 1 three put every 9 that's good for me

You know Luke is solid and a good lag putter. He would be knocking them down and racking up the wins if he made more birdies. That is an impressive record to say the least. I had a three putt in my last round. Nothing bothers me more.

These guys are as good as they are because of how good they are inside 125 yards, and includes putting. We hope to make up and down from green side with a simple chip but they expect to make up and down any time inside 125 yards. Anyone see Hunter yesterday hit it right into the trees and have to lunch out? Perfect example. Thy are good and Luke is amazing short game.

Tapaway!

I probably average about 1 per 18 holes. Probably would have more if I hit more GIR. Hate the 3-putt.

I probably average about 1 per 18 holes. Probably would have more if I hit more GIR. Hate the 3-putt.
I'm with you there. I can go a few rounds without one simply because I chip on so much. Then I can 3 or 4 putt quite often when I do get to a greeen.:banghead:

I rarely have a round without at least one. I will have a round without one once in a while.

Vale of Llangollen - Llangollen
Yellow Tees 71.0 / 126
Llangollen United Kingdom
September 25, 2011

GEE

PAR 5 4 5 4 4 3 4 4 4 37 4 4 4 4 3 5 4 4 3 35 72

SCORE 8 6 5 5 4 5 6 3 6 48 5 4 4 5 3 6 6 6 5 44
NET SCORE 7 5 4 3 3 4 5 2 4 37 3 3 3 3 2 5 5 5 4 33 70

FAIRWAYS 53%
GIR 11%
PUTTS 2 2 1 1 1 3 2 1 2 15 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 1 2 15 1.7/30
PENALTIES 5