DMoney79

War Damn Eagle!!
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m in the market for new 3 wood and need some help with the decision. Which three wood really caught your eye and produced for you this past season and why.

Looking for one that’s easy to get launch and I like the look of a little deeper profile.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the market for new 3 wood and need some help with the decision. Which three wood really caught your eye and produced for you this past season and why.

Looking for one that’s easy to get launch and I like the look of a little deeper profile.

Thanks for the help!

Not sure if Callaway still has anything in their current lineup, but they have made some really nice deep faced woods in the recent past.

I bought the Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Beta this spring. It took me a while to adjust to this club but it is awesome. It beat out the Cobra F7 (try it with the weight FORWARD) and the Ping G/G30. If you can find the G30, I think it's about $170 and a steal at that price, IMHO. I could have been happy gaming any of them.

I have been searching for years for a 3w since stupidly kicking one to the curb. I finally found it with the F7. I think you have to at least give it a look.

love my f7. excited to see what the f8 has to offer. also really enjoyed the xr line. a little hooky but very high launch and forgiving.

Epic line for me has been a launcher. I can really hit my 3w off the turf like it was a hybrid, it's that easy to elevate.

I've been playing the Great Big Bertha for the past two seasons but am looking for more launch myself. I've ordered a Cobra F8 to give a try.

Thanks for the help!

I tried several this past year. Cobra F7, TM M1, Tour Exotics.....but the ones that really work for me are the Callaway 3 woods. Purposely went back to find a 816 Alpha at clearance price. I'm not a big 3wood guy off the deck so play them off the tee at 14*.

Check out the thread here on THP for the Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Beta ... love mine.

Check out the thread here on THP for the Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Beta ... love mine.

I second this, you can get one used for quite a deal as well. Make sure you have the right shaft and this head comes to life!

I bought the Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Beta this spring. It took me a while to adjust to this club but it is awesome. It beat out the Cobra F7 (try it with the weight FORWARD) and the Ping G/G30. If you can find the G30, I think it's about $170 and a steal at that price, IMHO. I could have been happy gaming any of them.

I was thinking about the TEE what took so long to adjust to with it?

Epic line for me has been a launcher. I can really hit my 3w off the turf like it was a hybrid, it's that easy to elevate.

Yeah that’s where I sometimes struggle is off the deck. I can hit just about any FW off a tee.

I've been playing the Great Big Bertha for the past two seasons but am looking for more launch myself. I've ordered a Cobra F8 to give a try.

What made me realize my last 3W was not the answer was I’m just not coming in high enough to stop quickly on the other end might have to try the F7 or F8.

Right now on the try list:
TEE EX10 Beta
Cobra F7 or F8(I like the looks of the new one and I need some rails)
Callaway Epic

Thanks for the help so far guys

I was thinking about the TEE what took so long to adjust to with it?

It's the Indian, not the arrow. I found the Rogue MAX shaft to have less feel than I'm used to. Things got a lot better when I moved the ball back slightly in my stance.

I've been playing a Titleist 917F2 3W with Even Flow Blue for the last several months and it is money...I love 3W's and it is the best 3W I've owned.

I went through 3 callaway fairway woods and a ping last year on this same mission. Some I could hit well off the tee but couldn’t utilize from the fairway effectively. 3 woods have always been my Achilles heel though. The best fairway woods I’ve ever hit and had the most success with were TEE. which is why I’m selling off my experiments from last year and putting the CB4 tour back in the bag

I went with the Tour Edge Exotics CBX 15* fairway wood with Project X HZDRS 6.5 shaft. Really excited always loved TEE fairways and this thing is a beast. I'm getting it out tomorrow and looking forward to hitting on the course.

3 wood used to be my most dreaded club to pull. It seemed like I could not hit it as straight as driver, once the driver heads became so forgiving and large. In addition, some seem so much better as a tee club and others were better off the fairway. I no longer feel this way. Technology has made such great advancements. I hit a bunch of 3 woods this past year and there are so many good ones. Here are some I would consider:

Tour Exotics CBX - This one eclipses all others I have tried for distance, and it is not even close, although I have high hopes for Rogue. However, it requires a good, strong swing. Other offerings are more forgiving.

Tour Exotics EX 10 Beta - This is an extremely solid all around performer.

Cobra F7 - Again, an all around solid performer, although not as long for me as the Tour Exotics offerings.

Titleist 917 F2 - I love the adjustability of this club and it has been in my bag. Another offering that is good as a tee club and also from the fairway. It is not as long for me as the Tour Exotics CBX, but it is easier to hit. For me, it was longer than the F7 and longer than the EX 10 Beta from the fairway, but not as long off the tee.

Epic - A solid all around club

Honestly, I am very hopeful that the new Rogue is going to be as transcendent as the Epic driver was. I am certain that the Jailbreak technology is real. I have two Rogue fairways on order. I hit a standard 3 from a mat in a store with a launch monitor and wa blown away.

My two cents...

Thanks for the help!

G400... Go hit it! Just as fun as the driver

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 wood used to be my most dreaded club to pull. It seemed like I could not hit it as straight as driver, once the driver heads became so forgiving and large. In addition, some seem so much better as a tee club and others were better off the fairway. I no longer feel this way. Technology has made such great advancements. I hit a bunch of 3 woods this past year and there are so many good ones. Here are some I would consider:

Tour Exotics CBX - This one eclipses all others I have tried for distance, and it is not even close, although I have high hopes for Rogue. However, it requires a good, strong swing. Other offerings are more forgiving.

Tour Exotics EX 10 Beta - This is an extremely solid all around performer.

Cobra F7 - Again, an all around solid performer, although not as long for me as the Tour Exotics offerings.

Titleist 917 F2 - I love the adjustability of this club and it has been in my bag. Another offering that is good as a tee club and also from the fairway. It is not as long for me as the Tour Exotics CBX, but it is easier to hit. For me, it was longer than the F7 and longer than the EX 10 Beta from the fairway, but not as long off the tee.

Epic - A solid all around club

Honestly, I am very hopeful that the new Rogue is going to be as transcendent as the Epic driver was. I am certain that the Jailbreak technology is real. I have two Rogue fairways on order. I hit a standard 3 from a mat in a store with a launch monitor and wa blown away.

My two cents...

Awesome thanks for this pretty cool really loving the CBX off the tee it’s a beast!!! I’m going to have it shortened a little and put a new grip on it. The stock grip is not my favorite it will have to go!

Now you know which I'm gonna say ... I love my 917F3. (smaller more compact design) If you like the deeper profile, look at the F2 which has more spin & higher launch.

G400... Go hit it! Just as fun as the driver

I’m not a fan of the square shape of the FW heads, just not what I like to look down at. I’ve always loved Ping FW’s I’ve gamed most them

I’m not a fan of the square shape of the FW heads, just not what I like to look down at. I’ve always loved Ping FW’s I’ve gamed most them

Gotcha. Well I hope you find something that works for ya

Now you know which I'm gonna say ... I love my 917F3. (smaller more compact design) If you like the deeper profile, look at the F2 which has more spin & higher launch.

You didn’t even have to chime in I knew already but I wouldn’t have guessed the F3. Ready to see the 919 line and see what Titleist is bringing this year!

Back