36 Most Annoying Golf Partners

It’s not our fault our playing partners aren’t using the right gear is it? We’re just trying to help!!

Which leads me to....

55. Ancient Equipment Guy - the player who has had the same equipment since Nixon was in office. "It's all a marketing gimmick by Big Golf to get you to waste money. If it was good enough for the Golden Bear, it's good enough for me."

Which leads me to....

55. Ancient Equipment Guy - the player who has had the same equipment since Nixon was in office. "It's all a marketing gimmick by Big Golf to get you to waste money. If it was good enough for the Golden Bear, it's good enough for me."

Lol... regrip those Eye 2's and I'm GTG. I'm not sure this guy is annoying though, because it isn't all wrong. Some blades and new models are practically the same.

56. The talks to your ball guy. Feels the need to yell at your ball to get up, or turn right...etc etc.
57. The positive comment after every shot guy. Even somehow manages to give a compliment after you've topped if 150 yards off the tee

My most annoying is the "advice guy"

#56 - Jokey Jokerton...- there is no topic that doesn't segue into one of his tried and true jokes. You're smart, so you clam up to keep from feeding him anything he can work with. But no matter; EVERY shot he hits is quickly followed with a one-liner: "that shot was higher than giraffe *****", "that shot was fatter than your mama", "run like you stole something", "how did that stay out?". THEN, it's his turn to hit (and the group behind is pressuring), and he pulls up out of his stance to say "Hey, you guys ever hear this one?".

57. The positive comment after every shot guy. Even somehow manages to give a compliment after you've topped if 150 yards off the tee

I'm laughing way too hard at this, because at my first THP event I was paired up with @tpluff and I topped my tee shot like 40 feet in front of the tee box, and his update was something like "Three good shots, and BigDill short but straight". I think its the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me, and not annoying at all.

Edit: Below is the thread page with the post. I think it was the worst tee shot I hit in my life. I literally walked to the ball for my second shot haha.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...imate-Weekend-of-Golf-with-True-Temper/page64

Last edited:
Lol... regrip those Eye 2's and I'm GTG. I'm not sure this guy is annoying though, because it isn't all wrong. Some blades and new models are practically the same.
Ping Eye2 guy routinely shoots 5-8 shots better than me and he hasn't played or practiced forever.

Ping Eye2 guy routinely shoots 5-8 shots better than me and he hasn't played or practiced forever.

:beauty: I have a Ping Eye 2 Guy that fits that description. Good player, never plays, (4 hcdp) and I was asked to join them in a fund raiser scramble this weekend.

I would caution betting against his skills. Ping Eye 2 Golfer should be added to the list. Although, suspiciously I have spotted some different headcovers in his bag this year.
Those irons might finally be moving into the hot seat. Have to do something with all that credit besides stock up on golf balls. Right?

Oh my goodness...thanks for a much needed laugh. I think i know a guy for at least 75% of those that we play with weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you covered them all. Worst of all to me is the sulker, being on a golf course is a privilege and some guys are miserable to be around when golfing.

Truth. I always tell people my favorite thing is golfing good and my second favorite thing is golfing bad.

Tourette Syndrome Golfer: (often associated with, but not limited to "Loudmouth") This person might or might not have been correctly diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome, BUT @#$!. !@#$!@. and I mean @#$! this guy.

This might be me. I can string 24 swear words together and not realize it. Ask @Hamfist

wow....all these 50 something types of annoying people mentioned. and perhaps more to come.
I suppose then that there is not a single person here who is not annoying to at least one other of us.

Funny though that "tew" of all the small "tew" barely meaningful things "tew" mentioned, nobody "tew" mentioned the constant "tew" spitter who cant seem "tew" to complete a sentence "tew" without "tew" spitting 8 times:alien: "tew" now make it 9 "tew" 10:alien:

I had hoped I wouldn’t find myself on the list, but alas #29 got me. I’m just tired of the dermatologist whittling away at me.

Truth. I always tell people my favorite thing is golfing good and my second favorite thing is golfing bad.

Someone once told me that a bad day on the course is still way better than a great day in the office ..... I would agree :)

Which leads me to....

I plead guilty. With the caveat that this doesn't apply to the driver or golf ball, and more Clinton than Nixon, I'll defend this viewpoint to the death.

Ha I may be guilty of being a few of these.

Advice guy and the talker really bother me lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I see from this thread the only acceptable partner is the scratch golfer who has the second most recent generation equipment who never speaks for good or ill, never smiles or frowns or in any way interacts with the other people or the course other than to strike their ball par or close to it and wordlessly head off in the sunset.

I see from this thread the only acceptable partner is the scratch golfer who has the second most recent generation equipment who never speaks for good or ill, never smiles or frowns or in any way interacts with the other people or the course other than to strike their ball par or close to it and wordlessly head off in the sunset.

I got paired up with that guy once. You're right, he was great to play with.

But he had an awful habit of passing gas right in the middle of my backswing. As Joe E. Brown said at the end of Some Like It Hot, "Nobody's perfect!".

Well to be fair, we all have our moments. Done a lot of annoying or stupid things myself without feeling I'm generally labeled as such. If we were perfect, I'd be annoyed.

The Waggler - Sets up his stance and addresses the ball. Takes 20-30 waggles and mini-swings, bends knees a lot “just to loosen up.” 30 seconds later, he’s ready to fire!

The Speedster - Plays soooo fast you’d think he’s got a plane to catch! You’re figuring out your greenside bunker shot and he’s already putting out and driving to the next tee. “Played 18 in two hours, yessss!”

The Air Counter - can't remember his score without reliving every shot in detail. "One in the pond, two drop, three in the bunker, four left it in the bunker ..."

That's MEEEEE!!!

Lol, great post. I think you have all of them covered.

I think we're at 58 now:

58. Mr. Excuses - Always has a reason their shots are bad..."ground is too hard, ground is too soft, I'm not wearing a hat - sun is in my eyes, etc..."
59. The Mooch - Never has anything with him..."oh lend me a ball, tee, marker, etc or hey you got the new "XYZ", lemmie try that"
60. Mr. No Strap - The guy that always forgets to strap his bag into the golf cart

Oh there's a great little youtube video sort of on this topic titled "Golf Sterotypes" by Dude Perfect. Pretty funny.

Last edited:
The Waggler - Sets up his stance and addresses the ball. Takes 20-30 waggles and mini-swings, bends knees a lot “just to loosen up.” 30 seconds later, he’s ready to fire!

My brother. I cringe every time it's his turn to hit. He doesn't play often so I let it be, but damn it can get annoying.

I think we're at 58 now:

58. Mr. Excuses - Always has a reason their shots are bad..."ground is too hard, ground is too soft, I'm not wearing a hat - sun is in my eyes, etc..."

I know too many. My favorite thing to do when I botch a shot when playing with them is to take one of those rueful anguished post botch practice swings and say "Ah. I see the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it"

"What is it?" the connoisseur of excuse will reply in a hopeful manner, as he is also the advice guy.

"I'm just not very good at golf."

Back