3D Printing Golf Bag Parts

BogeyNSmith

Reaction score
My son lost the plastic piece in the metal wire that activates the legs on his stand bag and after searching I was unable to come up with parts so...20210513_213342.jpg
My niece's boyfriend who has a 3D printer, made a foot for the bag. Anyone else making cool things with a 3D printer?

Me no, but the simulation place by me makes those 3D tees that are supposed to hold up long term since they are a rubber like material. I find it a cool technology.

I have made a slew of different items. I know @Qwkz51 is a master at this stuff.

I dunno about master, but yeah we 3D print quite a bit. I've personally done some golf stuff, Driver heads, Putter heads, etc. I love being able to draw something, then push play and a couple hours later. :eek:

I have thought a bout getting a 3d printer as an activity for my kids.. I think it would be a lot of fun to see what we could come up with.

I dunno about master, but yeah we 3D print quite a bit. I've personally done some golf stuff, Driver heads, Putter heads, etc. I love being able to draw something, then push play and a couple hours later. :eek:
It's amazing to me what can be done with these printers. I believe my niece's boyfriend studied CAD design but not sure if he's putting that to use here.
How durable is a golf club head made by the printer?

It's amazing to me what can be done with these printers. I believe my niece's boyfriend studied CAD design but not sure if he's putting that to use here.

Well, Cobra launched a 3D printed putter that is fantastic just last year.

Depends on the materials, the more common polymers (ABS/PLA/Nylon)..great for kids clubs hitting wiffle balls, but not much else. 3D printed metals, like the Cobra putter...at least as strong as a machined billet. In fact depending on the use, it can be stronger, lighter and more cost effective than a solid piece of material.o_O Yes, he would have to have used a CAD program of some sort unless, there is already a file someone else has drawn that can be downloaded from a repository.

I guess I need to pay more attention to what's being made and the new tech!

I also am going to look up that Cobra putter.:eek:

we have one for christmas and it has come in handy much more that I would have anticipated. I haven't gotten into the golf realm with it yet though. Will be paying attention to this thread, however.

I would be fun to 3d print a head. Would have to figure out likely how to affix a metal face and add weight but that could be a fun summer project to mess around with.

Back