4 Iron Slot Options

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
I want to tinker with my 4 iron slot. I hit it great off the tee but everywhere else it seems to be a weak right shot. What are my club options? 4 hybrid, 5 wood, heaven wood?

Apex 4 hybrid. Designed to be iron replacements in terms of distance and I can confirm they are.

I want to tinker with my 4 iron slot. I hit it great off the tee but everywhere else it seems to be a weak right shot. What are my club options? 4 hybrid, 5 wood, heaven wood?

I switched to a UT, then to a hybrid, then back to a UT. Now moving back into an iron as it's hollow body and matches the rest of my set.

I think it's all dependent on your miss. For me, I can hit an iron pretty straight at that loft, but usually where I falter is with distance and catching it a bit steep or heavy. I concede that for accuracy with me hybrid because it's easy distance. All that said, lots of folks talk about their five wood being the best club in the bag. Is there any wrong answer?

Just picked up a x2 hot pro for my 4 hybrid slot. Awesome club

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i’m in this conundrum too. i am not smitten with my 4h.

i’m thinking maybe a 7w, or a 3utility, or a gi 4i, or a hollowbody 4i. i have never gamed a utility before so i’m not sure about that option. i tend to hit irons straighter than woods, so i’m thinking gi ;i or hollowbody 4i. i really have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’m thinking maybe a 7w, or a 3utility, or a gi 4i, or a hollowbody 4i. i have never gamed a utility before so i’m not sure about that option. i tend to hit irons straighter than woods, so i’m thinking gi ;i or hollowbody 4i. i really have no idea.

790 4i?

So a 7w would be an option vs a 5w?

I switched to a UT, then to a hybrid, then back to a UT. Now moving back into an iron as it's hollow body and matches the rest of my set.

I think it's all dependent on your miss. For me, I can hit an iron pretty straight at that loft, but usually where I falter is with distance and catching it a bit steep or heavy. I concede that for accuracy with me hybrid because it's easy distance. All that said, lots of folks talk about their five wood being the best club in the bag. Is there any wrong answer?

I'm most interested in what would work for the gap. 5w or 7w? Heavenwood? I'm just not sure what works distance wise.

Back