4 or 3 (swivel) Wheel

Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
Which do you prefer? Daughter uses my 4 wheel Bag Boy Quad and I’m looking into another and thinking about a 3 (swivel) wheel.

While I think they both have their merits, I lean towards the 3 wheel version. Just for the reviews on ease of moving them. I think they have a lot of good stability features while easier to push. I have not purchased one, but I've looked a few times and I'm always drawn back to the 3 wheel version. Though I don't think there is really a wrong answer depending on what your primary needs are.

3 wheel, make things easier on yourself. Quick turning is always a little better than lazy turning.

I have never used a 4 wheel version, but of the 3 wheel ones I prefer the fixed front wheel - maybe it is becuase it is what I am used to, but I just found the swivel front wheel version took more effort sometimes to keep it going in the direction I wanted

There is at least one 4-wheel model on the market with front swivel wheels...so both! :D

Never used a 4 wheel model, but do really like the 3 wheel and don’t really see myself changing

Sounds like it is time for you to go electric cart. Push cart I have a 3 wheel with fixed front wheel.

I purchased one of first 3 wheel Clic Gears when they first came out. Never looked back after that purchase. It has pneumatic tires, but the front wheel doesn't swivel, ehich is not an issue at all. All I've had to do was replace the tires after about 10 years of constant use.

I know guys who have 4 Wheelers, and tbey are quite pleased with them. They also don't take up much room when folded up.

I think it just boils down to the individual's choice of what they want.

Last edited:
2 is the best. You just can't buy them they only are available as rentals at places. The Riksha.

I use a 2 wheel push cart and it works great.
But my vote would be 3 wheeled for your purpose

Back