I've always had problems hitting fairway woods. However my current 3W is a HL (high loft) TM RBZ Stage 2 - I think it is 17 degrees - is one of the easier ones for me to hit. There are a number of high loft 3 woods available from different manufacturers that provide 4W loft in a 3W length. Just a thought.

I like JB's post about his Heavenwood, and I may have to try and find a used one to try out.

I use a ping g20 4 wood. Straight off the tee and holds greens nicely when going for the green.

I game the J40 4 wood as well. I can hit it high, sting it low, make it go right to left or vice versa. Very easy to hit. That club has made more birds for me than any of rest in my bag.

Do you bag one and if so, what is your favorite and why? I've been contemplating a wood in the 16 degree/loft range.

OG I am trying a 588 18° 5-wood but at 43" it probably plays more like a 4-wood. It is very easy to elevate from the fairway and great tee club as well.

Heavenwood. For a less expensive alternative the 588 7-wood has almost identical specs 20.5° loft and 42.75" shaft length. Just some thoughts from another golfer who prefers hybrids to FW, may be a little bit of a Cleveland homer too.

I have hand the RBZ stage 2 3 HL in the bag for quite awhile. After hitting the Heavenwood quite a bit lately, it will be in the bag soon to replace the RBZ. Much easier off the turf and the loss of distance is negligible for me.

OG I am trying a 588 18° 5-wood but at 43" it probably plays more like a 4-wood. It is very easy to elevate from the fairway and great tee club as well.

Heavenwood. For a less expensive alternative the 588 7-wood has almost identical specs 20.5° loft and 42.75" shaft length. Just some thoughts from another golfer who prefers hybrids to FW, may be a little bit of a Cleveland homer too.

That makes two of us on the 588 5w. Monitor numbers look eerily similar to some of my 4ws with respect to launch angle and spin.

Like majBC said, the 7w is very similar to the Heavenwood. The price is better though and I personally think the 588s look better.

I'm a big 4 Wood and 7 Wood fan. I have the 2013 Adams Tight Lies in 16* in the bag right now. I've got 2 rounds using it, and to be honest, I don't think it's going to be a permanent addition right now. I'm not as accurate with it as I would like, usually end up with a big push fade/slice. I hit my Bio Cell at 17* further and straighter, and now that I've got it lofted up to 20*, there's still less than 10 yards difference and that's if I actually hit the Adams well, which is maybe 1 out of 4 shots.

I think I'm going to replace both of them with the Heavenwood after reading the comments, especially being a 4 Wood/7 Wood fan.

I use a Nike SQ 4 wood (17 degrees). I haven't tried any other 4 woods recently, just got this one to swap out for the previous 3 wood/5 wood/7 wood set so I could use more wedges. It's okay.... Sometimes I swap it out for a 3 hybrid or a second driver.

That makes two of us on the 588 5w. Monitor numbers look eerily similar to some of my 4ws with respect to launch angle and spin.

Like majBC said, the 7w is very similar to the Heavenwood. The price is better though and I personally think the 588s look better.

I'll add my support for the 588 5W as an option. If you can handle the length, the thing just goes.

Not bagging one right now but is on the ponder list as I build a second bag and tinker with bag setup. Looking for something I can play off the deck and tee and fills a gap in between hybrid and driver

Absolutely love my H2hot 4w. Easy to hit from everywhere and much more reliable than any 3w I've had. Plenty of distance when a driver off the tee isnt needed or warranted. This should be in the bag a long time.

I have a 2014 big Bertha 3wood that I put at 17* to take a spot when I bring it. Fits the gap between my 2Deep and 20* hybrid.

but I have been looking for a x2hot or XR 4 wood head lately since I have a whiteboard shaft sitting here begging to get used

Late last year I took my older Adams 3w out and put a G24 4w in the bag. Not sure if it's the extra loft or the club itself, but it is super easy to hit off the deck. Same distance off the tee too. Over the winter I cut it down from the stock 43" to 42.5" and had ping set sw to D2. Hope that was a good move. Been playing my driver at 44.5 for some time and wanted to try shortening my FW as well. Only 1 round on it shortened so far but plan to change that over the next week.

I bag the Cobra BioCell 3-4 wood and have it set to 16* Love the thing! Although as of late its been a slice machine, but that's the archer not the arrow.

I game a TEE XCG3 4 wood and love it. Yuo might chech out the TEE E8 Beta 3 wood and love it so that might be an option for you. I i had to buy new 4 wood I would also check out the Callaway XR.

The 588 fairways do look good at a good price too. I like the shaft that comes stock with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really love my Tour Edge Exotics (TEE) XCG-6 four wood. The original matrix didn't work well for me in the fairway, although it worked in hybrids. To me, my four wood is the sexiest club alive. Just beautiful to my eye in every way.

I really love my Tour Edge Exotics (TEE) XCG-6 four wood. The original matrix didn't work well for me in the fairway, although it worked in hybrids. To me, my four wood is the sexiest club alive. Just beautiful to my eye in every way.

They are absolutely beautiful and put up (for me) big ball speed numbers. I picked one up with the Tour AD and have no issues with the launch. I was a little worried that the Matrix might be a little low launching.

One of the problems now with fairway woods is shaft length which affects lie. As the shafts got longer on 3 woods, I had trouble...everyting was too upright and I hit low snappers. The Ping G25 4 wood is perfect... shaft length in relation to lie angle and it goes. For a comparison the other day I went out in the snow covered range and hit the g30 turned down to17 degrees and I loved it. I can't compare distance to the g25 4 wood since you can't see it land.

I wanted to hit it because a few people said the g30 was tough to get up in the air but I didn;t see any problem...maybe people had problems with the 14.5 degree. When the demo days come up around here, I'll be looking to hit that g30 off the grass in hopes of picking one up.

I had a Wilson black persimmon 4 wood. I loved that thing so much I could almost sleep with it. I could hit it out of trouble, make it stop on a dime, hit draws, fades, low, high. Then one tragic day it gave it's all and exploded! Noooooooo. I had it repaired but the magic was gone, it was not the same. It still looks great, black, sleek, beautiful but it's in the no go bag, I just can not get rid of it. Now I have a metal Snake Eyes 5 wood. Its ok but......

I've been playing the R11s 4 wood for a long time because I can hit it high/low, left/right pretty consistently. I recently tried the new Callaway XRpro 16 degree and I'm saving up for it now. It goes so far and high.

One of the problems now with fairway woods is shaft length which affects lie. As the shafts got longer on 3 woods, I had trouble...everyting was too upright and I hit low snappers. The Ping G25 4 wood is perfect... shaft length in relation to lie angle and it goes. For a comparison the other day I went out in the snow covered range and hit the g30 turned down to17 degrees and I loved it. I can't compare distance to the g25 4 wood since you can't see it land.

I wanted to hit it because a few people said the g30 was tough to get up in the air but I didn;t see any problem...maybe people had problems with the 14.5 degree. When the demo days come up around here, I'll be looking to hit that g30 off the grass in hopes of picking one up.

Interesting, since I love my G25 driver so much, maybe the G25 4 wood deserves a look.

If we get to play Monday, feel free to try my 15.5 degree V Series 3 wood. It is probably the easiest launching 3 wood I have ever used.

Have a Callaway GBB in the bag and it works as well as any wood I have used. Hoped with the large head it may be used like a mini-driver and it was cheap ($12). Can hit a little farther than my 3 hybrid so it works well, have not used it off a tee yet. Unless it's a par three I generally need a driver, occasionally even then.

Just started using the new HL aeroburner 3 wood at 16.5* and I had it shortened to 42.5".
love the launch and distance!!!

Back