5 1/2 Hour Father's day Capt & Mate

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
First off, it was great to spend the day with my son..... But that was the most agonizing round of golf I can ever remember playing. A Capt & Mate should move rather quickly.
Our playing partners acted like they were in the final round of the Open. The Son was 45 ish, and the dad was about 65 ish. The son thought over every shot in agonizing detail. Club changes were with every shot as well which started the whole decision process all over again. . Then, as he settled in he club flipped three sets of double flips. Followed by a back twirl and then settle in. On every single shot.
We played fairly quickly when it was our turn. They were never ready to play and didn't even grab clubs till well after our play. Often standing behind their cart in deep discussion about god knows what.
Don't even get me started on their looking for wayward balls that were 30 to 40' into the woods.
On every hole they had honors, the old man drove up to the forward tees. Settled in to take his shot. Then, he took forever to get in the cart and then drive backwards till he got to our back tees. Then, his son would start his shenanigans.
On the 5th hole, I mentioned to them that we have lost contact with the group ahead of us... they didn't care.
The GPS was telling us we were an hour behind pace by the time we were on the 13th hole.
Obviously, we were the last team in. Saving grace we won a flight for $60 each.
Great to spend the day with the boy, but .... WOW

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ooo
That is PAINFUL. I genuinely don’t know what you could have said to light a fire under them. Those types of people are just oblivious. It’s always someone else, never them.

Glad you had fun with your son! Mine was working all day so it was a solo round for me.

Back