5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I am just curious if anyone has heard or tried the African Mango fruit which according to Dr Oz on the Oprah show helps to loose several pounds in less than a month!

http://www.post-sentinel.com/

I have not heard of that but I have heard of Miracle fruit which I also think might be called magic fruit. It makes sweet things taste sour and sour things taste sweet.

Went 5/5 for workouts last week (shooting for 5 days a week, during the week.. weekends to sleep in lol).

How did everyone else do? What are your goals as far as time at the gym/working out?

I missed Friday/Saturday this week due to excessive golfing. Kelly and I went yesterday for an hour but may miss today due to a winter storm in Georgia. Icy roads suck in the south! I hit the gym five days a week as a norm.

Been 1 month into my program and I'm down 5lbs

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Thats awesome Gray! I think GOlf counts as exercise too :) After starting your workout program did you have to make any changes to it? (amount of time, routine)
I missed Friday/Saturday this week due to excessive golfing. Kelly and I went yesterday for an hour but may miss today due to a winter storm in Georgia. Icy roads suck in the south! I hit the gym five days a week as a norm.

I could definitely do better going to the gym. I only made it twice this week. It's just a matter of getting me there. I like it once I'm there. If I can play golf, that's my first choice so no gym on golf days. I just don't have the energy for both.

Great job Hanks! I was down 6 lbs as of last official weigh in but I'm worried about this week. After adding some carbs back in, the weight is creeping back up. Ughh!

Thats awesome Gray! I think GOlf counts as exercise too :) After starting your workout program did you have to make any changes to it? (amount of time, routine)

Yoccos -- I did increase my reps and weight limit after the initial two weeks. I feel stronger as each week passes however I am going to set a limit to 100 lbs max per weight machine. My goal is to slim down, not bulk up but in the process add that much needed stamina. We have 10 weight machines in our gym that I frequent. I do not use the free standing weight setups. I leave that to the younger guys who love to flex their muscles in front of the girls :D. I am going for more flexiblity with strength training to increase my indurance on and off the golf course. I have already added several yards to my drives off the tee. It's incredible what can happen when you add a little more horsepower to your tee shots :golf2:

Nice work man!!!!

Youll get back there KB! Sometimes the best time to weigh yourself is after you had an "off" week. Two times is still pretty good. Golf is a good amount of exercise imo. Well it can be haha.

I could definitely do better going to the gym. I only made it twice this week. It's just a matter of getting me there. I like it once I'm there. If I can play golf, that's my first choice so no gym on golf days. I just don't have the energy for both.

I leave the free weights alone too lol. I'm no spring chicken anymore and I have the sames goals as you. You're definitely an inspiration Gray!!

Yoccos -- I did increase my reps and weight limit after the initial two weeks. I feel stronger as each week passes however I am going to set a limit to 100 lbs max per weight machine. My goal is to slim down, not bulk up but in the process add that much needed stamina. We have 10 weight machines in our gym that I frequent. I do not use the free standing weight setups. I leave that to the younger guys who love to flex their muscles in front of the girls :D. I am going for more flexiblity with strength training to increase my indurance on and off the golf course. I have already added several yards to my drives off the tee. It's incredible what can happen when you add a little more horsepower to your tee shots :golf2:

Thanks Yoccos! You are quite an inspiration yourself dude. The fact is we have many people on this thread who are always cheerleading our fellow health/weight loss friends on. It's the team spirit that keeps the flow going and we all know it's very easy to slack off. If and when anyone on here falls off the wagon, climb back on and keep plugging. Failure is not an option if you want a lifestyle change for good health. Good health means no adult type diabetes, cancer from smoking and other bad habits, high blood pressure, fatique syndrome, thyroid problems, clothes not fitting problems, and depression which can come from bad health and or poor health. The benefits outweigh being lazy and dropping your personal goals. Each person's fitness is for them and only the individual can make it happen. The good thing is our families can also benefit from the end results with you living a longer life and a happy, healthy you :clapp::golf2::thumb:

Thanks KB. That's basically been just eating better as gym time has eluded me. I'd rather go to the indoor range than the gym now but this week I'm going to hire a personal trainer to get me going at the gym again and to put together a golf-specific work out regimen. Core strength, flexibility, etc. Hopefully that helps me a bit come spring time
Great job Hanks! I was down 6 lbs as of last official weigh in but I'm worried about this week. After adding some carbs back in, the weight is creeping back up. Ughh!

Went 5/5 for workouts last week (shooting for 5 days a week, during the week.. weekends to sleep in lol).

How did everyone else do? What are your goals as far as time at the gym/working out?

My goal is 5 days a week as well. I want to run at least 3 miles each day and do weights which would have me at the gym for roughly an hour. I am also adding a lot of stretching to my routine which is really helping. I had some major soreness from the gym yesterday in my left leg/butt area so I stretched it out but forgot to do the other side and it showed today. I was doing the leg press just one leg at a time and it was a breeze on my left side (the one I stretched out) and nearly impossible on my right. Goes to show how much stretching helps.

I just signed up for more sessions with my trainer today too. It was customer appreciation day so I Was able to get 10 sessions but only pay for 5 which is awesome!!! We have some really good goals set for me and I can't wait to reach them. He says he is already seeing improvement in my strength and after taking all my measurements last week we have some solid numbers to work with.

I had a really intense workout today. So intense that I am having trouble typing and moving the mouse because my arms start to shake haha. I love it!

I am so proud of everyone here for sticking to their plans and really making progress. You all need to seriously give yourselves a pat on the back! Great job everyone!!

Great job Gray!! Keep up the hard work and you'll reach your goals for sure!

That's awesome GG!!! Keep it up!

Today was my first weigh day, scary lol. I actually lost 6.6 pounds this first week of induction...I'm thrilled! I even lost 1 inch on the ole waistline too, pretty neat.

Now that the first week is over I can begin to work back into my running. Excited to start jogging again, was up to 12 miles last year before football started and everything went to the backburner.

My goal is 5 days a week as well. I want to run at least 3 miles each day and do weights which would have me at the gym for roughly an hour. I am also adding a lot of stretching to my routine which is really helping. I had some major soreness from the gym yesterday in my left leg/butt area so I stretched it out but forgot to do the other side and it showed today. I was doing the leg press just one leg at a time and it was a breeze on my left side (the one I stretched out) and nearly impossible on my right. Goes to show how much stretching helps.

I just signed up for more sessions with my trainer today too. It was customer appreciation day so I Was able to get 10 sessions but only pay for 5 which is awesome!!! We have some really good goals set for me and I can't wait to reach them. He says he is already seeing improvement in my strength and after taking all my measurements last week we have some solid numbers to work with.

I had a really intense workout today. So intense that I am having trouble typing and moving the mouse because my arms start to shake haha. I love it!

I am so proud of everyone here for sticking to their plans and really making progress. You all need to seriously give yourselves a pat on the back! Great job everyone!!

Way to go GG......it seems you have a real good plan and are sticking to it! I'm only running 1 mile right now but plan to get up to 4 at a sub 8min pace. That's where I was at the last time I was running and in shape (10 yrs ago...yikes!). I always feel better when I run instead of biking......it just gets me leaner and seems to work best for me. I usually do both but if I had to do only one it would be to run.

Keep up the good work......the harder we all work the easier it will be for all of us to hit the gym when you really don't want to go and take another step to a healthy lifestyle!

Congrats to all of you who have kept up with your regiments this past month!

I'll just report that I've now been going regularly to the gym for 3 weeks and I feel better and better. My cardio workout is now beyond an embarrassingly pitiful state, and I'm already starting to increase the weight totals too. As others have stated, one big difference in my current workout from years past is a heavy dose of stretching. I'm even incorporating some golf specific stretches too that I found here:
coreworkout

Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing many of you svelt athletes at the outing in a few months!

WOW! These posts are really adding up and the positive influence many of you are laying down here is awesome. :clapp:

Today was my first weigh day, scary lol. I actually lost 6.6 pounds this first week of induction...I'm thrilled! I even lost 1 inch on the ole waistline too, pretty neat.

Now that the first week is over I can begin to work back into my running. Excited to start jogging again, was up to 12 miles last year before football started and everything went to the backburner.

Way to go, thats a lot to lose, you must be feeling pretty good

I know you ARE thrilled! That is so exciting. I made the mistake of buying Atkins bars and they are becoming like candy bars for us. I know better than to have something like that around. We're snowed in tonight. I really WANTED to go to the gym for a change. I've added some carbs back in and I can already tell a big difference in cravings, bloating, etc. I can't live without my carbs so I'm just going to have to work harder! I want this weight off!

Congrats to all of you who have kept up with your regiments this past month!

I'll just report that I've now been going regularly to the gym for 3 weeks and I feel better and better. My cardio workout is now beyond an embarrassingly pitiful state, and I'm already starting to increase the weight totals too. As others have stated, one big difference in my current workout from years past is a heavy dose of stretching. I'm even incorporating some golf specific stretches too that I found here:
coreworkout

Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing many of you svelt athletes at the outing in a few months!

So glad to hear you have stuck to it. It gets easier every week! I love the stretching too. Thanks so much for the link. I am going to it now to study!!!

Haha little late to the party as I stay away from this thread until 2/1/11 (dday for me). I took pilates in college for my PE cause the only other that wasn't an 8 am class was golf and didn't golf then. Holy abs Batman! That is a serious low impact workout and I would sign up for that class again in a heartbeat. Probably the single best fitness course I've taken besides swimming.
Interesting, I don't want to sound discriminatory or anything like that, but without knowing any better, is Pilates considered to be more of a "lady's" exercise program? In the end it doesn't really matter since the goal is to get fit and be healthier, but I was just wondering.
The program mentions "bring your 9-iron" so I wonder what they have in store... I'm gonna drop them a line in the near future to see, but it definitely seems pricey.

We went out to dinner tonight and we got Italian food. I ate way too much and now I am so mad at myself. We have been so good about staying home to eat but tonight JB was craving Italian. I see lots of running in my future tomorrow.

We went out to dinner tonight and we got Italian food. I ate way too much and now I am so mad at myself. We have been so good about staying home to eat but tonight JB was craving Italian. I see lots of running in my future tomorrow.

Darn that JB and all those pasta carbs! At least you've been enjoying the treadmill these days... have at it tomorrow!

No worries GG....you need to reward yourself with a nice meal once a week. It gives you something to look forward to and it will not affect your dieting goals. One meal no matter how bad it is will not even come close to wiping out your hard work for the week. Eat and enjoy yourself....just keep it to one meal and your good to go!!

Back