5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Way to go Pirate! Solid results!

Thanks all! I appreciate your kind words........I will keep plugin' along and do my best. It's a lot easier when you have THPers in your corner!

Way to go pirate!

Today was weigh in day for me after week 2 of atkins induction...

219.6!! Down under 220 for the first time in almost a year. Two weeks and 10.4 pounds, too cool.

Way to go pirate!

219.6!! Down under 220 for the first time in almost a year. Two weeks and 10.4 pounds, too cool.

WOW! You guys are a step above most of us on here, well except for MaryC. I think most of us have lost between 5 -7 lbs? Great news and keep up the good work. I will definitely be heading back to the gym today after consuming a some liquid calories this past weekend. I will blame it on Setho & RxGus. hehe they held me down and literally poured it down my throat. But anyways extra hard workouts scheduled this week with low fat/sugar intake.

Way to go pirate!

Awesome Jman! It's great to get through that 220 barrier...........210 is waiting for you!

Way to go pirate!

YEA!! Great job there. Isn't seeing numbers you haven't seen on the scale for a long time fantastic! Makes you want to jump up and down and then go rummaging around in the closet for clothes to wear. Keep it going.

WOW! You guys are a step above most of us on here, well except for MaryC. I think most of us have lost between 5 -7 lbs? Great news and keep up the good work. I will definitely be heading back to the gym today after consuming a some liquid calories this past weekend. I will blame it on Setho & RxGus. hehe they held me down and literally poured it down my throat. But anyways extra hard workouts scheduled this week with low fat/sugar intake.

Many thanks Gray!

Awesome Jman! It's great to get through that 220 barrier...........210 is waiting for you!

Thanks Pirate, 210 will be awesome, a long while down the road and breaking 200 will be phenomenal though, haven't been that small since mid wrestling my junior year when I had the flu something fierce, 199.6 and the coach was pissed his 215 was that light! LOL.

YEA!! Great job there. Isn't seeing numbers you haven't seen on the scale for a long time fantastic! Makes you want to jump up and down and then go rummaging around in the closet for clothes to wear. Keep it going.

Indeed, it makes it all worth while, I went all weke without weighing any and was really worried I'd stall out on week 2 of induction...so far so good though! One more week of induction for good measure of craving's and the wife and I will move to ongoing weight loss after that. I really am loving Atkins, I don't miss bread or milk like I thought I would (and I could put the milk away!).

Thanks Mary!

Nice work J!!!! That is fantastic and I'll be honest, starting to get real curious about this adkins deal!!

Andrea and I were 5/5 last week on the gym. I weighed in at 249.8 so its only a little under 3lbs for the week but overall I'm extremely happy. Definitely a change in how clothes are fitting which is awesome. And I'm digging the changes. Creatine will stay just not as much haha. I think it's helping with my toning and such. Nough about me. I'm loving all the progress everyone is making. Really inspiring!!

Nice work J!!!! That is fantastic and I'll be honest, starting to get real curious about this adkins deal!!

Andrea and I were 5/5 last week on the gym. I weighed in at 249.8 so its only a little under 3lbs for the week but overall I'm extremely happy. Definitely a change in how clothes are fitting which is awesome. And I'm digging the changes. Creatine will stay just not as much haha. I think it's helping with my toning and such. Nough about me. I'm loving all the progress everyone is making. Really inspiring!!

Fight the good fight Yoccos ! 3lbs is nothing to sneeze at.........all your hard work will payoff and it takes as long as it takes for you to be where you want to be. Just keep it up and you'll be there in no time!

Appreciate that!!! Its hard but its gettin easy settling in. I love feeling good and I am really seeing the beenfits of eating well. I dont feel sluggish haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got back on the path this evening with a 45 minute workout at the gym. Felt really good and the body is thanking me for the cardio and lightweight training this evening. I will hit the gym pretty hard tomorrow for one hour minimum. I can feel the body getting firmer and more muscle tone and the weight is coming off slower than I had hoped. I burned 345 calories on the elliptical tonight a few more on the weight machines. KellyBo worked on the treadmill, shoulder and leg press machines. It's back to the grind after a super fun weekend of golf with our friends.

I am back to the grind as well. Back to my 1200 calories a day, but I added a multivitamin on the recommendation of RxGus. I started stretching yesterday and I plan on starting to jog soon and maybe a little light weight lifting. I don't want more strength, I need to be more toned and flexible.

Last edited:
Fantastic Seth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am back to the grind as well. Back to my 1200 calories a day, but I added a multivitamin on the recommendation of RxGus. I started stretching yesterday and I plan on starting to jog soon and maybe a little light weight lifting. I don't want more strength, I need to be more toned and flexible.

Great job on getting back to the grind everyone who was the Georgia outing! Know how hard it is to jump back in there. Yoga is a great excersise for flexibility.

I had a little set back today in regards to my excersise program. We had an ice storm here in the NYC area and I slipped and fell on the ice this morning, spraining my ankle pretty badly. No golf or impact type activity for 4 weeks. The good news is I can do weight lifting on my upper body and swim but not for a week. Means paying super attention my diet the next few weeks. Not expecting weight loss but hoping not to gain anything back.

One of the girls in my office just had the famous lap-band surgery and was preaching it to me. I have heard various things about it and not alot of it has been positive. Anyone else hear/know anything about it?

Great job on getting back to the grind everyone who was the Georgia outing! Know how hard it is to jump back in there. Yoga is a great excersise for flexibility.

I had a little set back today in regards to my excersise program. We had an ice storm here in the NYC area and I slipped and fell on the ice this morning, spraining my ankle pretty badly. No golf or impact type activity for 4 weeks. The good news is I can do weight lifting on my upper body and swim but not for a week. Means paying super attention my diet the next few weeks. Not expecting weight loss but hoping not to gain anything back.

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your injury Mary. Glad to hear you have alternative workouts planned. Take care of yourself!!!!!

One of the girls in my office just had the famous lap-band surgery and was preaching it to me. I have heard various things about it and not alot of it has been positive. Anyone else hear/know anything about it?

WR- shoot me an email and I would be happy to talk with you a bit about it.

Isn't that the surgery John Daly had?

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your injury Mary. Glad to hear you have alternative workouts planned. Take care of yourself!!!!!

Thanks Kelly. Need to move south were this crap is less likely (except this winter) to happen.

Great job on getting back to the grind everyone who was the Georgia get together! Know how hard it is to jump back in there. Yoga is a great excersise for flexibility.

FIFY in blue :D

On a serious note I am sooooo sorry you sprained your ankle! I have been through that at least three times during my earlier sports days and it show nuff hurts. I hope you have a speedy recovery and the ankle heals up well.

Good luck and congrats on getting back into it. It's funny you talk about only consuming 1200 calories. I used to track every calorie I consumed but then it started to consume me. Now I just eat. I pay attention to what I am eating but I don't track the calories because I found I got too obsessed with that number. Just make sure if you are limited your calories that you are still remembering to eat, and eat the right stuff. You should never make yourself sick. Ok my PSA is over haha.

Please take it easy! I know you will want to be back at the gym and on the course next week but take it easy and listen to the doctors. It's kind of funny but one of the things that will help you the most is the reason you are hurt in the first place....ice.

I just wanted to post that KellyBo and I just got back from the gym after a vigorous workout and burned quite a few cals. I feel like my body is getting smaller but the middle section is hanging on for dear life :banghead:. I burned enough cals the last two days to counter last weekends fun :D

WTG Gray & KB you are inspiring me. I walked 18 today, doesn't sound like a great deal, but our course has some nice hills and I was breathing hard quite a few times.

WTG Gray & KB you are inspiring me. I walked 18 today, doesn't sound like a great deal, but our course has some nice hills and I was breathing hard quite a few times.

Good job DawgDaddy!! KellyBo said you need to come walk our course with her sometime. She walks nine holes for exercise there.

I ran a little over a mile in hilly territory yesterday evening. I could have gone farther, but I made it a short track since it is the first time I have ran in close to a year I think. I was pleased with how I did. I am staying between 1200 and 1400 calories a day as well. I am going to be back to looking good (or something) in a few weeks!

Back