5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Congrats Pirate! Way to go on the weight loss

Rhino, you can do this. Don't put pressure on yourself to try and make big numbers. Just take it one day and 1lb at a time. Celebrate the successes, like having that salad instead of the Mexican food I know you love. Or doing 5 extra minutes at the gym or with your home work out program. Let us know about those! We'll shower you with :hug-right::hug-left::hug-left::highfive: (Channeling my inner Ole Gray smileys)

Ole Gray, man, we are so not in your class of work out fiends....

OK, my weekly update. As you all know, I haven't been able to get to the gym in a week because of my ankle. BUT, today I hobbled into the gym and did arms/abs and swam, using a ankle brace and a pull buoy, for 30 minutes. My arms are yelling at me right now but it was good to get some cardio and weight work in that didn't involve pounding or weight bearing on my ankle. I also stepped on the scale. My goal this week, since I haven't been able to do cardio was to maintain my weight without adding pounds. I did that and a little more. I lost .5 lbs. Which, considering I wasn't doing any workout at all last week other than hand weights while I watched golf and football, I'm pretty happy with! This brings my total to since I joined this thread to 15.5lbs and my total since I started my weight loss journey in September to 50.5 lbs!!!

I'm 10lbs from my goal of 25lbs by the outing. I KNOW I can do that.

Keep up the good work MaryC, great will power during the injury. Very impressive

Congrats Pirate! Way to go on the weight loss

Rhino, you can do this. Don't put pressure on yourself to try and make big numbers. Just take it one day and 1lb at a time. Celebrate the successes, like having that salad instead of the Mexican food I know you love. Or doing 5 extra minutes at the gym or with your home work out program. Let us know about those! We'll shower you with :hug-right::hug-left::hug-left::highfive: (Channeling my inner Ole Gray smileys)

Ole Gray, man, we are so not in your class of work out fiends....

OK, my weekly update. As you all know, I haven't been able to get to the gym in a week because of my ankle. BUT, today I hobbled into the gym and did arms/abs and swam, using a ankle brace and a pull buoy, for 30 minutes. My arms are yelling at me right now but it was good to get some cardio and weight work in that didn't involve pounding or weight bearing on my ankle. I also stepped on the scale. My goal this week, since I haven't been able to do cardio was to maintain my weight without adding pounds. I did that and a little more. I lost .5 lbs. Which, considering I wasn't doing any workout at all last week other than hand weights while I watched golf and football, I'm pretty happy with! This brings my total to since I joined this thread to 15.5lbs and my total since I started my weight loss journey in September to 50.5 lbs!!!

I'm 10lbs from my goal of 25lbs by the outing. I KNOW I can do that.

That is just awesome!! You are going to blow past your goal by the outing. I am so impressed!

I had my only training session of the week today because I can't go to the gym the rest of the week due to the PGA show. My trainer told me that he is going to take my body fat, weight, and all other measurements next week after the show so he will know if I was cheating on my diet. I like that he is challenging me like that because I was already picturing myself eating tons and tons of really unhealthy food. He gave me great tips of things to do to help make sure I eat and eat well during the show and maintain my current weight.

So we shall see what happens next Monday. I hope everyone has a great week!!!

That is just awesome!! You are going to blow past your goal by the outing. I am so impressed!

I had my only training session of the week today because I can't go to the gym the rest of the week due to the PGA show. My trainer told me that he is going to take my body fat, weight, and all other measurements next week after the show so he will know if I was cheating on my diet. I like that he is challenging me like that because I was already picturing myself eating tons and tons of really unhealthy food. He gave me great tips of things to do to help make sure I eat and eat well during the show and maintain my current weight.

Uh oh, he's got your number! That's so funny. You'll definitely be so proud of yourself for doing what he advises. I know you can do it. We're watching to see how strong you are. You can do it!!! Show us the way champ!:clapp: Inspire us even more!!!!

Way to go Pirate, Mary, and everyone else...its too inspirational to see all of this!

Weigh in was this morning, 216.2 down from 219.6 last week, 13.8 in three weeks of induction with no working out yet, too cool.

This week begins OWL (ongoing weight loss) for me on Atkins, 5 more carbs a day and welcoming back nuts and berries....ah yeah! Also, so begins P90X prep. My wife and I are going to do YogaX and Xstretch this week and start in on the full routine next week, I already know I love it so I'm excited to get serious with it.

Keep it up everyone!

I'm late to the party but put me down for 30 lbs by May. I'm down 14 since Jan 1. Trying to cut out sugar, pasta, bread, potatoes and most processed food. No soda and very little alcohol. The low carb thing works for me. I want to drop 40 in 2011 and keep it off for good. Might also try my brothers p90x dvd's. Good luck to all (It takes more than luck)

I'm late to the party but put me down for 30 lbs by May. I'm down 14 since Jan 1. Trying to cut out sugar, pasta, bread, potatoes and most processed food. No soda and very little alcohol. The low carb thing works for me. I want to drop 40 in 2011 and keep it off for good. Might also try my brothers p90x dvd's. Good luck to all (It takes more than luck)

Great job Bert and welcome to the party dude! We all will be pulling for ya and looking forward to your posts about your progress.

Last edited:
New weigh in. 175lbs. Down 32lbs since last summer. Bfat down under 10%. Been a while and it feels good!!!!

New weigh in. 175lbs. Down 32lbs since last summer. Bfat down under 10%. Been a while and it feels good!!!!

Awwwwww AZRhode you have done GREAT man!!!!! What an inspiration to all of us :thumb: :clapp:

Awwwwww AZRhode you have done GREAT man!!!!! What an inspiration to all of us :thumb: :clapp:

Thanks a ton. It's hard work but it's worth it. The wife thinks so too!

doing P90X now. Can't guarantee how much weight I will lose due to the replacement of fat with muscle, but I am trying to become a healthier person....

Good luck to all!

Weighed in and found that I had lost 8 lbs from 1/3 to 1/17.

I am enjoying going to the gym but I need to vary my training a little since I think I'm gaining more size than I would like in my shoulders/chest/arms. I did some circuit training in college to tone up for spring break and may work a little bit of that in since bulking up wasn't my original intent and seems to contradict my goal of losing weight. I need to spend more time on the treadmill but unfortunately 2 miles is about all I can handle before I get bored haha.

First of all, shouts out to all of you making some really incredible progress, and to our current MVP, Mary C for breaking the 50 lb barrier. That's awesome Mary, keep leading the way.

My little update... was in Vegas most of last week with all day meetings, but did manage to drag my butt outta bed at 6am to hit the gym 3 times. This would never have happened without the motivation that comes from you all here.

Starting to see a few nice results... my cardio is on the rise, and I'm getting a little stronger.

I appreciate all of your updates, please keep it up, it keeps me accountable!

First of all, shouts out to all of you making some really incredible progress, and to our current MVP, Mary C for breaking the 50 lb barrier. That's awesome Mary, keep leading the way.

My little update... was in Vegas most of last week with all day meetings, but did manage to drag my butt outta bed at 6am to hit the gym 3 times. This would never have happened without the motivation that comes from you all here.

Starting to see a few nice results... my cardio is on the rise, and I'm getting a little stronger.

I appreciate all of your updates, please keep it up, it keeps me accountable!

Nice job getting to the gym three times in Vegas! I know from experience how tough it is to stay the course with excercise when on the road, in Vegas especially.

Sounds like the cardio/working out is starting to pay off. Can't wait to see you in May or at spring NE golf gathering.

You can do it!!

Can you also share the tips? I'm curious 'cause I have a tradeshow coming up & I'm trying to figure out what to do about food. Really hard at tradeshows.

Weigh in last Saturday was 246.8. It's definitely just starting to get easier. By that I mean just staying in the habit. Definitely changing how I feel and how clothes fit which is awesome. Helping with the golf game too.

Congrats to everyone in this thread. It's really great to see everyone coming together for this.

Weigh in last Saturday was 246.8. It's definitely just starting to get easier. By that I mean just staying in the habit. Definitely changing how I feel and how clothes fit which is awesome. Helping with the golf game too.

Congrats to everyone in this thread. It's really great to see everyone coming together for this.

Great job Yoc! You are going to be looking might spiffy at the outing dude. Proud of ya and keep er going :thumb:

Thanks Gray. It's gonna be a whole lot of fun for sure!

Great job Yoc! You are going to be looking might spiffy at the outing dude. Proud of ya and keep er going :thumb:

Great job Yoccos! It's. Fun having clothes start to fit better & to have the golf game start improving

It sure is. Less fatigue and I'm seeing better consistancy lol. Flexibility is coming back too. I love being healthier.

Great job Yoccos! It's. Fun having clothes start to fit better & to have the golf game start improving

KellyBo and I went to Dick's in Macon and browsed around, bought some stuff, and came home. Stopped by the gym and worked out for an hour. Feeling good and my weight this morning was 7 lbs total loss to date. Not as good as some of you champs but I am half way home. The good thing for me is I feel stronger and my flexibility is coming alone pretty darn good. More flexiblity is good for an older man :D.. Everybody keep up the great work and burn those calories, tone those butts, and keep er going :clapp:

KellyBo and I went to Dick's in Macon and browsed around, bought some stuff, and came home. Stopped by the gym and worked out for an hour. Feeling good and my weight this morning was 7 lbs total loss to date. Not as good as some of you champs but I am half way home. The good thing for me is I feel stronger and my flexibility is coming alone pretty darn good. More flexiblity is good for an older man :D.. Everybody keep up the great work and burn those calories, tone those butts, and keep er going :clapp:

Way to go Gray and Kelly-bo! I know from seeing you that you are looking buff and in-shape so I can imagine that you feel stronger. I also know from watching you swing those snakes in the bag around that you definitely are flexible. I also know your better half there is starting to show her stuff too. Can't wait to see you two again very soon.

Way to go Gray and Kelly-bo! I know from seeing you that you are looking buff and in-shape so I can imagine that you feel stronger. I also know from watching you swing those snakes in the bag around that you definitely are flexible. I also know your better half there is starting to show her stuff too. Can't wait to see you two again very soon.

Awwwww thanks good buddy and our home is your home. Anytime you are heading through Middle Ga we want our sister to stop by! Oh and DawgDaddy said he was disappointed in not getting to play with you last trip :at-wits-end:

Keep going Gray.....7lbs is nothing to sneeze at! That's great your at half-time of your weight loss goal......this is usually a good time to evaluate what has worked well for you and make adjustments and fine tune your regimen. Just like an NFL team does at half-time, your second half can be more productive than your first with the right adjustments. You'll be there before you know it!

Keep going Gray.....7lbs is nothing to sneeze at! That's great your at half-time of your weight loss goal......this is usually a good time to evaluate what has worked well for you and make adjustments and fine tune your regimen. Just like an NFL team does at half-time, your second half can be more productive than your first with the right adjustments. You'll be there before you know it!

Thanks Pirate and very good advice I might add..... It's sooooo cool how we all pull for each other and give helpfull tips to reach our personal goals. I love it!

I seriously hope when the day comes that I can not make my gym time, is when I am too old to driver. I perfer to workout at the gym as it's an outing that to me is refreshing. Some folks do not have this opportunity due to various reasons. That's ok and personal home training will get the job done. Persistence is key as hopefully this is a life change goal and not a contest to yourself to see what you can do prior to the THP outing or May or whatever.

Back