5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Darn that JB and all those pasta carbs! At least you've been enjoying the treadmill these days... have at it tomorrow!

I am about to go to the gym now so I can run, run, run!

No worries GG....you need to reward yourself with a nice meal once a week. It gives you something to look forward to and it will not affect your dieting goals. One meal no matter how bad it is will not even come close to wiping out your hard work for the week. Eat and enjoy yourself....just keep it to one meal and your good to go!!

If it was just one meal this week I wouldn't be mad but I was not good AT ALL this weekend so that's why I am kicking myself. I am all for splurging once a week it almost has to be done to stay sane. But this was like day 3 of bad eating so that's why I am mad. Even though I am exhausted today I am heading to the gym shortly. I know once I am there I will be glad I went. Thanks for all the great words of encouragement!

If it was just one meal this week I wouldn't be mad but I was not good AT ALL this weekend so that's why I am kicking myself. I am all for splurging once a week it almost has to be done to stay sane. But this was like day 3 of bad eating so that's why I am mad. Even though I am exhausted today I am heading to the gym shortly. I know once I am there I will be glad I went. Thanks for all the great words of encouragement!

Just remember that this is a marathon not a sprint.....so don't stress-out over the 3 days. Just get back on track and do the best you can!

Just remember that this is a marathon not a sprint.....so don't stress-out over the 3 days. Just get back on track and do the best you can!

Exactly, it's making the right choices over the long run and creating new habits!

Pirate95 & lscmrtn are right on about not worrying about the short haul. It's staying on the path with knowing you will fall off at times but not letting that keep you down. Heck it has been icy in Ga the last couple of days and all KellyBo and I have to do is watch TV, computer time, eat, eat some more, and sleep. Today we are going to the gym with a dog and sled if we have to. It's ok to be bad, just know you are fighting the full 12 rounds to win good health

Pirate95 & lscmrtn are right on about not worrying about the short haul. It's staying on the path with knowing you will fall off at times but not letting that keep you down. Heck it has been icy in Ga the last couple of days and all KellyBo and I have to do is watch TV, computer time, eat, eat some more, and sleep. Today we are going to the gym with a dog and sled if we have to. It's ok to be bad, just know you are fighting the full 12 rounds to win good health

Everyone who's posted today about it is about not beating yourself up but rather just going forwards is right. I was the queen of beating myself up when I would fall off the diet/workout wagon and just oh the heck with it or I can't do it anymore so why try, or a million other excuses to sabatoge myself. Well not anymore. It is about the long haul and developing good habits. It isn't about depriving ourselves good food or even the occassional decadent treat (duck fat fries rock and so does a diplomat cream filled pastry and who doesn't crave a big plate of pasta with basil cream sauce?) it is about if we choose to have a correct sized portion of those things it means we can't also go hog wild and have vanilla ice cream on top of that pastry or we have a salad with our duck fat fries or have a glass of spritzer instead of three glasses of wine (not that GG could DRINK 3 glasses of wine j/k) Or maybe the next day we add an extra 20 minutes to the rowing machine (which I discovered last night and think I'm in LOVE).

So, keep on keeping it off everyone!

On a side note, we are expecting 20+ inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow. My usual blizzard day at home is bake/cook through the storm. Tomorrow I'm going to be playing with a of my baking recipes to lighten them up without losing the taste (means no subbing apple sauce and other silly things for the real ingredients, but using the real ingredients in moderation). Will be taking the goodies into my office taste testers on Thursday. Will let you know what I bake, how it goes and if it interests folks, I'll post the recipes in the recipe thread.

Everyone who's posted today about it is about not beating yourself up but rather just going forwards is right. I was the queen of beating myself up when I would fall off the diet/workout wagon and just oh the heck with it or I can't do it anymore so why try, or a million other excuses to sabatoge myself. Well not anymore. It is about the long haul and developing good habits. It isn't about depriving ourselves good food or even the occassional decadent treat (duck fat fries rock and so does a diplomat cream filled pastry and who doesn't crave a big plate of pasta with basil cream sauce?) it is about if we choose to have a correct sized portion of those things it means we can't also go hog wild and have vanilla ice cream on top of that pastry or we have a salad with our duck fat fries or have a glass of spritzer instead of three glasses of wine (not that GG could DRINK 3 glasses of wine j/k) Or maybe the next day we add an extra 20 minutes to the rowing machine (which I discovered last night and think I'm in LOVE).

So, keep on keeping it off everyone!

On a side note, we are expecting 20+ inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow. My usual blizzard day at home is bake/cook through the storm. Tomorrow I'm going to be playing with a of my baking recipes to lighten them up without losing the taste (means no subbing apple sauce and other silly things for the real ingredients, but using the real ingredients in moderation). Will be taking the goodies into my office taste testers on Thursday. Will let you know what I bake, how it goes and if it interests folks, I'll post the recipes in the recipe thread.

Mary -- You just know how to lift us up girl! You would make a good coach because your positive vibes makes us all want to walk the walk and not just talk :thumb:

Thanks everyone! I know it's a marathon and I am prepared for that I just hate when I lose my self control. I know I don't need certain things, sometimes I am not even craving it, but I see it, or worse smell it, and I just have to have it. But I know a few days over the long haul isn't going to change anything.

I was exhausted this morning (I still am) but I took my tired butt to the gym and ran 3.33 miles. It was a struggle at the end because I was so tired but I did it and I feel great about it! I wanted to do more but I had to get home to get some work done. But I am happy I at least did that much. They have that warrior dash thing again this weekend and I think I am going to do it. My trainer really thinks I will like it and he says I will be just fine doing it too. So we will see. It got rained out last time so I never went.

You all are the best motivation a girl could ask for!

P.S. Mary, I can't wait to see what lighter recipes you come up with. That's actually one of my favorite things to do. Take an unhealthy recipe and make it healthier. I have a lot of tips and tricks I have learned over the years. And yes you are right I could never drink 3 glasses of wine. Well I could but I wouldn't remember any of it haha. Stay safe and warm during the blizzard.

Thanks everyone! I know it's a marathon and I am prepared for that I just hate when I lose my self control. I know I don't need certain things, sometimes I am not even craving it, but I see it, or worse smell it, and I just have to have it. But I know a few days over the long haul isn't going to change anything.

I was exhausted this morning (I still am) but I took my tired butt to the gym and ran 3.33 miles. It was a struggle at the end because I was so tired but I did it and I feel great about it! I wanted to do more but I had to get home to get some work done. But I am happy I at least did that much. They have that warrior dash thing again this weekend and I think I am going to do it. My trainer really thinks I will like it and he says I will be just fine doing it too. So we will see. It got rained out last time so I never went.

You all are the best motivation a girl could ask for!

P.S. Mary, I can't wait to see what lighter recipes you come up with. That's actually one of my favorite things to do. Take an unhealthy recipe and make it healthier. I have a lot of tips and tricks I have learned over the years. And yes you are right I could never drink 3 glasses of wine. Well I could but I wouldn't remember any of it haha. Stay safe and warm during the blizzard.

I may be PMing you tomorrow for some of your tips!

Went to the gym and stayed on the treadmill for about 45 minutes. Got off and was a little dizzy and obviously confused because I went in the MENS bathroom afterwards! Luckily I realized it fast enough that I don't THINK the guy in the locker room saw me. :embarrassed:

We had a really good workout today. I am beginning to like the gym. I thought about all the hard work going on here and it inspired me!

Went to the gym and stayed on the treadmill for about 45 minutes. Got off and was a little dizzy and obviously confused because I went in the MENS bathroom afterwards! Luckily I realized it fast enough that I don't THINK the guy in the locker room saw me. :embarrassed:

We had a really good workout today. I am beginning to like the gym. I thought about all the hard work going on here and it inspired me!

Oh no! That's very funny but also pretty scary. Not to sound like a mom but make sure you eat something before you workout so you don't get that dizzy disoriented feeling. I make that mistake sometimes and it's not fun. Although it makes for a good story to say you ended up in the men's room. :smile:

Isn't it funny how you start off hating the gym but the more you go the more you start to like it? I was telling my trainer today that I realize why I like the gym so much. I have never really excelled at anything in my life. I don't have any strong skill sets, I never played sports and I was never an expert anything. But at the gym I can control my own destiny and I have physical results to show for it. I can keep pushing myself and conquer milestone and it's very exciting for me. Maybe it sounds silly but for me it's somewhat empowering.

Anyhow enough of my ramble, my exciting news for today is that I have lost 4lbs!!!!

Anyhow enough of my ramble, my exciting news for today is that I have lost 4lbs!!!!
ROCK ON! I got a really really good start to my 2nd week of P90X but then was slightly derailed, once by a snow storm in which my snow blower decided to check out on me and the other was last night and this morning when I've been lucky to find a little stomach bug. I feel like I had a bad chicken breast sub from subway last night for supper or something....ugh. I'll be back on track real soon though.

Wow GolferGal, 4 lbs is awesome!!! All that hard work is definitely paying off. I love reading about your gym workouts. I swear they are making me push harder so keep talking about them!

Hope you feel better soon P4B!!!!

Nice work everyone!!! P4B, I hate it when that stuff happens man. It's just those little things that seem to really get in the way.

KB, that is awesome but scary! I'm glad it wasn't serious though :)

GG, fantastic job on the weightloss!!!!!! That's some great news!

ROCK ON! I got a really really good start to my 2nd week of P90X but then was slightly derailed, once by a snow storm in which my snow blower decided to check out on me and the other was last night and this morning when I've been lucky to find a little stomach bug. I feel like I had a bad chicken breast sub from subway last night for supper or something....ugh. I'll be back on track real soon though.

I hope you feel better. I love that you are ready to get back into it though. Being sick is such an easy way to fall off the wagon and never get back on. Feel better!!
You only have a couple more weeks and then you are snow free for at least 1 week. :smile:

Wow GolferGal, 4 lbs is awesome!!! All that hard work is definitely paying off. I love reading about your gym workouts. I swear they are making me push harder so keep talking about them!

Hope you feel better soon P4B!!!!

Thank you so much, Kelly! I am sure JB gets sick of hearing me talk about the gym all the time but it's the thing that makes me the happiest right now. When you work and live in the same place, and you are in a new area where you don't know anyone, it's great to have something to keep you motivated and excited. For me it's the gym. It's like my escape from everything else. I really do find myself enjoying it more and more. I was yawning walking into the gym yesterday. I was so exhausted but the fact that I pushed myself to run over 3 1/4 miles made me feel so good. I hold onto those moments and that feeling to keep me going. Well that and all of you being so damn awesome!

My trainer has really stepped up my workout routine and we are constantly increasing my weights and reps. He always asks how a certain exercise feels and if I say it feels OK then he makes it harder. I love getting that push. Plus I love that I do exercises that are full body workouts. Everything I do works more then one muscle group at a time. It makes it easier to do 30 mins of strength training and targets more things at once. I love it!

Nice work everyone!!! P4B, I hate it when that stuff happens man. It's just those little things that seem to really get in the way.

KB, that is awesome but scary! I'm glad it wasn't serious though :)

GG, fantastic job on the weightloss!!!!!! That's some great news!

Thank you so much! I am really pumped about this. I struggle for the first month to see any results but now I can tell my arms are getting tighter, so are my legs and now the scale is showing lower numbers. I LOVE it!

GG - 4 lbs is great news! I love how you talk about your love for the gym and how it is making you feel good about everything. It is a sanctuary of sorts and you can just dive in and lose the blues for the day. It's very inspiring to hear our First Lady of THP giving everyone a boost of enthusiam. You go girl :thumb:

P4B - I hope the bug leaves you soon buddy. That food illness is definitely a bummer and not to mention being snowed in. Heck we have only had it for two days (mostly ice mixed) and we are tired of it! Keep up your determination. Fitness is right around the corner, for all of us. :clapp:

Last edited:

We love your rambles GG and WHOOOT!! Way to go on losing the 4lbs!!! I'm so excited for you because I know how hard you've been working out and I'm so proud of you because you didn't let a little pasta or a little too many lemon bars derail you. Keep it up.

that excuse no longer works with us KB....lol

4 lbs, not shabby GG! Good luck to all of you, maybe I will see a lot less of you all at next years outing!

that excuse no longer works with us KB....lol

Dang, I'll try to think up something a little more creative next time! :glasses-cool:

4 lbs, not shabby GG! Good luck to all of you, maybe I will see a lot less of you all at next years outing!

:D That's funny and a lot less of you my friend :thumb:

I was a little early on my weight loss. I've dropped 30lbs since my bday in July. It's amazing how quick you can pack it on when you're not paying attention and let the gym slip. I was a trainer myself for 8 years while in college and a little while after and didn't do what I knew I should be.

I now just get up and go, right when I wake up. I'm consistant 5-6 days a week and am pretty much at my goal. Now I'm planning to add a few lbs of muscle for the next 60 days before a final summer time lean out phase.

It's amazing what you can do with solid, consistant effort, regardless of what the endevor is.

Feel better buddy! I've heard nothing but good things about the P90X program, it should work really well for you.....keep up the good work!!

Back