5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I ran a little over a mile in hilly territory yesterday evening. I could have gone farther, but I made it a short track since it is the first time I have ran in close to a year I think. I was pleased with how I did. I am staying between 1200 and 1400 calories a day as well. I am going to be back to looking good (or something) in a few weeks!

Great job Setho. I'm trying to stay about in that same calorie range every day. Just finished off fish and veggies for lunch. Wish I was better at the exercise part. I go to the gym but I probably work about 1/4th as hard as Ole Gray. He is really turning into a gym rat and puts me to shame.

Nice Seth!!!!!!!!!

247.6 this AM. 5/5 last week and 3/3 this week at the gym. Going golfing after work and then hopefully some YOGA tonight. I may not. It would be my first time with a ton of people in glass. Not sure how comfortable I'd feel.

I ran a little over a mile in hilly territory yesterday evening. I could have gone farther, but I made it a short track since it is the first time I have ran in close to a year I think. I was pleased with how I did. I am staying between 1200 and 1400 calories a day as well. I am going to be back to looking good (or something) in a few weeks!

Way to go Setho! I'm sure you will be stylin' the new lean you in a few weeks. You and Ole Gray are will be out-buffing the stylish guys in your Sligo wear.

Well, as you all know, I've been laid up with a bum ankle since Tuesday but today, I just couldn't take it anymore, so while my guy, DLIII, was getting announced as the Ryder Cup Captain (Go Davis! Go USA!), I sat here and used the strength band tied to the door knob to do a bunch of arm and stomach exercise from a chair (I didn't stand GolferGal, even though I really wanted to!).

I've also cut out all the sugar in my diet until I can get back to doing things aerobic again (pool or pond for me!) which was really hard this morning, I typically like a dash of brown sugar in my oatmeal just to give it a bit of maple taste but I ate it plain this morning (not even dried fruit) and survived. I'll be getting on the scale tomorrow to make sure I'm not putting anything back on but as long as I don't go hog wild on the Newman's Own Soy Crisps, I think I'll be OK.

just went downstairs to the bakery for some green tea. While standing at the counter I was staring at the biggest peanut butter cookie ever. I really wanted it, however I decided against it and grabbed an orange instead. I'm starting to regret not getting the cookie.

On the brighter side I have some new running shoes being delivered tonight, see if that helps get me more motivated.

Lol. That was funny dude. It'll feel better once you look back on it. Or just grab the cookie on the way out haha. I kid.

just went downstairs to the bakery for some green tea. While standing at the counter I was staring at the biggest peanut butter cookie ever. I really wanted it, however I decided against it and grabbed an orange instead. I'm starting to regret not getting the cookie.

On the brighter side I have some new running shoes being delivered tonight, see if that helps get me more motivated.

Lol. That was funny dude. It'll feel better once you look back on it. Or just grab the cookie on the way out haha. I kid.

nah bakery is closed then, but the McDonalds next to it is open

Ocho cinco rocks the big macs as part of his training routine. Orange soda hold the ice as well!!!!!!! Haha, Im not making this any better. I'm sorry dude. But I know what you're feeling like. I was so close to picking up a chicken sandwich. Luckily I was too lazy after the gym haha.

nah bakery is closed then, but the McDonalds next to it is open

Well, as you all know, I've been laid up with a bum ankle since Tuesday but today, I just couldn't take it anymore, so while my guy, DLIII, was getting announced as the Ryder Cup Captain (Go Davis! Go USA!), I sat here and used the strength band tied to the door knob to do a bunch of arm and stomach exercise from a chair (I didn't stand GolferGal, even though I really wanted to!).

I've also cut out all the sugar in my diet until I can get back to doing things aerobic again (pool or pond for me!) which was really hard this morning, I typically like a dash of brown sugar in my oatmeal just to give it a bit of maple taste but I ate it plain this morning (not even dried fruit) and survived. I'll be getting on the scale tomorrow to make sure I'm not putting anything back on but as long as I don't go hog wild on the Newman's Own Soy Crisps, I think I'll be OK.

I love the dedication MaryC! Unfortunately work travel to snowy Detroit has thrown a wrench into my running plans, but hopefully I havent regressed too much on my marathon commitment. 100 days away from the scheduled marathon, lets hope the sun comes out FAST!

I worked very hard at the gym this a.m. and played golf this afternoon so I got plenty of exercise. I hope everyone is still banging the gym or the calories as we only have 3 1/2 more months before accountabilty time :thumb:. If we don't lose the weight we signed up for, then hopefully we lose the inches or pants size. Le't go at it extra hard the next three months!

Last edited:
We went to the Y later than usual so Andrea could try the Yoga class. I'm definitely going to try it next time. I didn't at first because I felt umcomfortable but she said everyone was really nice. I'm pretty excited to try it.

We went to the Y later than usual so Andrea could try the Yoga class. I'm definitely going to try it next time. I didn't at first because I felt umcomfortable but she said everyone was really nice. I'm pretty excited to try it.

I would love to try Yoga but I'm too worried about looking like an idiot. I might give it a try since the class at our gym is so small.

I'm sitting here eating my 3rd grapefruit this week. I'm eating so healthy and it actually taste good. I don't consider myself on a diet but I am definitely eating only healthy foods again. Still down almost 6 lbs. Need to work much harder at gym!!!! Ole Gray is putting me to shame.

Thats still fantastic Kelly. I think diets can be great but I know I can't do them. I have to just change my lifestyle if I want it to stick. I know what you mean about the class lol. Once you go I'm sure you will meet some really nice people. That's what Andrea was saying. She was really nervous but everyone made her feel really good.

I would love to try Yoga but I'm too worried about looking like an idiot. I might give it a try since the class at our gym is so small.

I'm sitting here eating my 3rd grapefruit this week. I'm eating so healthy and it actually taste good. I don't consider myself on a diet but I am definitely eating only healthy foods again. Still down almost 6 lbs. Need to work much harder at gym!!!! Ole Gray is putting me to shame.

Way to go Yoccos and Kelly Bo!

I love yoga. I take a class once a month and do two workouts from a DVD at home. Even right now, with my ankle, I'm able to so some basic yoga for stretching. There are even some places that offer yoga for golf. It will increase your flexibility and it is so stress relieving.

I'm going to see if I can find some kind of program like that around here Mary! That's awesome. You are doing such a good job, it really is inspiring.

Way to go Yoccos and Kelly Bo!

I love yoga. I take a class once a month and do two workouts from a DVD at home. Even right now, with my ankle, I'm able to so some basic yoga for stretching. There are even some places that offer yoga for golf. It will increase your flexibility and it is so stress relieving.

I'm going to see if I can find some kind of program like that around here Mary! That's awesome. You are doing such a good job, it really is inspiring.

Thanks! The support here is amazing

Check at your local golf club for yoga geared for golf. That's where I found my class. A yoga studio posted a flyer near the handicap computer.

This is my weekly checkin:

This has been a very bad week at the gym for me. I am feeling flabby and yucky! I was just so busy with work and trying to get prepared for the PGA Show that I struggled to find the time. I only went 3 days and I was hoping to do the Warrior Dash tomorrow but I can't because I have to wait here for a package to get delivered. So I think I will pop in my Yoga DVD and at least do that. I was really hoping to go 6-7 days this week. I know that sounds crazy but I can't go next week due to the show so I was hoping to at least get some cardio in during this week but that just wasn't in the cards.

So after the show it's back to running 4+ miles a day and weights 3-4 times a week. I am finally starting to see results so I don't want to lose that motivation.

Thats awesome! You know though, the time off may give your body that extra time to heal. It could definitely work out for you in a good way!

This is my weekly checkin:

This has been a very bad week at the gym for me. I am feeling flabby and yucky! I was just so busy with work and trying to get prepared for the PGA Show that I struggled to find the time. I only went 3 days and I was hoping to do the Warrior Dash tomorrow but I can't because I have to wait here for a package to get delivered. So I think I will pop in my Yoga DVD and at least do that. I was really hoping to go 6-7 days this week. I know that sounds crazy but I can't go next week due to the show so I was hoping to at least get some cardio in during this week but that just wasn't in the cards.

So after the show it's back to running 4+ miles a day and weights 3-4 times a week. I am finally starting to see results so I don't want to lose that motivation.

A little time out is a good thing for your body. It allows your body to adjust to a new workout and then when you get back it jump starts your metabolism. Give yourself a little break both physically and from beating yourself up about being "bad". We are never bad and we don't "cheat" and we don't "fall off the wagon". We just go on doing the best we can and we celebrate our sucesses.

For example even though you were so busy getting ready for the PGA Show, you still carved out enough time for yourself to get to the gym 3 times and got a good work out in. If I remember from our conversations, you even had a training session. Which considering how crazy of a week it has been, is great!

So good for you Golfer Gal! You had a great week when you put it in that perspective. :friends:

Weigh in day!.........lost 5.5lbs this week. Total in 3 weeks 16.5lbs. Things are going smooth diet wise. I'm keeping under 1500 cals. per day Mon thru Sat. then eat whatever my heart desires all day Sunday. It's been 3 successful weeks eating this way and I haven't even started working out yet, that starts tomorrow! 33.5lbs. to go to reach my goal by April 1st. Well, I'm off to IHOP for some breakfast!

Weigh in day!.........lost 5.5lbs this week. Total in 3 weeks 16.5lbs. Things are going smooth diet wise. I'm keeping under 1500 cals. per day Mon thru Sat. then eat whatever my heart desires all day Sunday. It's been 3 successful weeks eating this way and I haven't even started working out yet, that starts tomorrow! 33.5lbs. to go to reach my goal by April 1st. Well, I'm off to IHOP for some breakfast!

Nice going Pirate!!! Keep up the great work. I need to kick it up a notch as the weight is not commng off like I thought it would. I still plan to make my goal of 25 by the outing.

Thanks Rhino! You'll do it, just keep at it and find what works best for you. It takes time to lose weight because it takes time to gain weight.......so no worries, the turtle beats the hare in this race!

Man you are doing such a great job and are kicking some serious arse in this battle! I have only lost 6 lbs but have firmed up my body considerably. I can feel the old muscles starting to have more energy and that's encouraging. Thanks for the updates and keep up the great work :clapp:

Nice going Pirate!!! Keep up the great work. I need to kick it up a notch as the weight is not commng off like I thought it would. I still plan to make my goal of 25 by the outing.

Rhino -- You can do it man! Find that favorite gym or exercise and pound away at it. It can be something as simple as walking two or three miles everyday or busting your arse at the gym. I am pulling with all my heart for everyone to give this their all and not wimp out. No losers in this thread, only winnners and I am proud of your commitment and dedication. Hang in their buddy and let's be proud of forging forward to our dreams.

I put in 2 hrs this morning at my gym. I had a good bit of frustration to burn off and the gym is good medicine!

Last edited:
Good job Gray ! Keep plugging along buddy!

Last edited:
Great job everyone, good to see everyone sticking to it!

Back