5 year anniversary

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So today marks my 5 year anniversary here on THP. Like most I found this site searching for iron reviews, every time I would do a search on an iron THP would come up. @Jman @Canadan @ddec kept showing up in reviews every time I looked at THP. They just kept sucking me in!!!!
So I finally joined. I was a little hesitant at first to post much because I was still looking at iron reviews and had never been involved with a golf forum before. I kinda eased myself into the site and started to contribute a little at a time. Found the regional site and met up with a few THPers here in KS and played some golf outside of my little home course.
2016 rolls around and I wondered what it would be like to do an event. I was a 17HC at the time and didn't want to embarrass myself but signed up for the Cleveland Short Game Shootout. Holy cow I got chosen and got to go to Indianapolis to meet up with 7 other THPers and get some gear and play some golf. It poured on us, but we played golf, got some great new RTX3 wedges too!!!!! Those where fun to review and I played those for almost 2 years until I wore the grooves off. :)

I think it was the next year and I got chosen to test some Nippon NS Pro 950GH shafts. Didn't do as well on this review but tried my best.
Every year I am following along with the Grandaddy and entering competitions and seeing disappointment at every turn. But the follows where great and was fun to be able to follow along and hope that one day I would have the pleasure of going.

2019 rolls around and @McLovin gets the nod for Captain and I'm thinking this is the team I want to be on. Couple contest roll around and no selection, wife says stay positive and it will happen. Low and behold July 9th was the date getting the pm from @JB and life changes!!!! What a rush that is to read that announcement, unbelievable at first, then PM's pouring in. A friend @2BFAST called me to let me know as I hadn't been on the forum yet that morning. Crazy time that day was.

That brings us to today and a little over 26,000 posts. I am so glad I decided to join THP and become a part of such a great forum.
I have made plenty of friends that I have had the pleasure of golfing with, and many that I just PM with on occasion that I hope I get the pleasure of playing a round of golf with. Any THPers in Kansas that want to play, hit me up and we can try to meet up sometime. I play regular with @shanewu another Grandaddy alum.
Just want to say thank you to @JB and @GolferGal for such a wonderful site and all that you do for THPers.
Hope I can be here for many years to come.

Sorry for the long winded post.

i’m blessed to call you a friend. this place is better with you here.

Love this Snicks! You've been a top tier THPer since I've been here (one year is coming up soon) and I've always been interested in what you had to say. Glad you found your way here and I can't wait to pick your brain about the Grandaddy as the year goes on and to hopefully play some golf with you when you come up here to see @GoldenBuff some time next year!

That post was humbling.
I mean you will always be my

Sweatpants wearing, milk fetishing, mallet hating and hair shoe wearing

but also just a great guy.

Love this Snicks! You've been a top tier THPer since I've been here (one year is coming up soon) and I've always been interested in what you had to say. Glad you found your way here and I can't wait to pick your brain about the Grandaddy as the year goes on and to hopefully play some golf with you when you come up here to see @GoldenBuff some time next year!
Still trying to plan that out and hoping I can get up there to play with you and @GoldenBuff.

Great milestone @Snickerdog , glad to have you on the team.

Congrats!

Love love love this my man. Congrats on 5!

Congrats man!!! The forum has been blessed to have you around!

So today marks my 5 year anniversary here on THP. Like most I found this site searching for iron reviews, every time I would do a search on an iron THP would come up. @Jman @Canadan @ddec kept showing up in reviews every time I looked at THP. They just kept sucking me in!!!!
So I finally joined. I was a little hesitant at first to post much because I was still looking at iron reviews and had never been involved with a golf forum before. I kinda eased myself into the site and started to contribute a little at a time. Found the regional site and met up with a few THPers here in KS and played some golf outside of my little home course.
2016 rolls around and I wondered what it would be like to do an event. I was a 17HC at the time and didn't want to embarrass myself but signed up for the Cleveland Short Game Shootout. Holy cow I got chosen and got to go to Indianapolis to meet up with 7 other THPers and get some gear and play some golf. It poured on us, but we played golf, got some great new RTX3 wedges too!!!!! Those where fun to review and I played those for almost 2 years until I wore the grooves off. :)

I think it was the next year and I got chosen to test some Nippon NS Pro 950GH shafts. Didn't do as well on this review but tried my best.
Every year I am following along with the Grandaddy and entering competitions and seeing disappointment at every turn. But the follows where great and was fun to be able to follow along and hope that one day I would have the pleasure of going.

2019 rolls around and @McLovin gets the nod for Captain and I'm thinking this is the team I want to be on. Couple contest roll around and no selection, wife says stay positive and it will happen. Low and behold July 9th was the date getting the pm from @JB and life changes!!!! What a rush that is to read that announcement, unbelievable at first, then PM's pouring in. A friend @2BFAST called me to let me know as I hadn't been on the forum yet that morning. Crazy time that day was.

That brings us to today and a little over 26,000 posts. I am so glad I decided to join THP and become a part of such a great forum.
I have made plenty of friends that I have had the pleasure of golfing with, and many that I just PM with on occasion that I hope I get the pleasure of playing a round of golf with. Any THPers in Kansas that want to play, hit me up and we can try to meet up sometime. I play regular with @shanewu another Grandaddy alum.
Just want to say thank you to @JB and @GolferGal for such a wonderful site and all that you do for THPers.

Congrats on the Anniversary SD! I always enjoy our interactions here.

Cheers to the next 5

🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛

That is so awesome. It was @shanewu that i followed here after hearing him on the Callaway podcast. Such a great place for golf heads like me and you. :ROFLMAO:

17 to a 3 handicap is incredible in that time frame, nice going and on your 5 years here!

Happy anniversary to one of the best guy's on here!

Congrats on a great milestone (y)

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you found this forum too. Your support and encouragement has really meant a lot to me.

Cheers to you, Snicks! You add so much to the THP experience! I appreciate your love of the game, willingness to engage and your humility. Thanks, my man!

Happy THP anniversary!

Congrats dude. Been a fun 5 years

Congratulations my friend! THP is a better place with you here. Every forum needs a member with terrible taste :ROFLMAO:

These Oreo thins and glass of milk is cheers to you sir!

Congratulations my friend! THP is a better place with you here. Every forum needs a member with terrible taste :ROFLMAO:
The bar has been set!!!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
Congrats on the 5 year anniversary @Snickerdog . I'll down a glass of milk before bed in your honor! :D

Back