5 Years Since Nike Golf Closed the Doors!

Never played a Nike club but I liked a couple of their balls. Don't remember which, though.

I bet they moved on and never looked back. Easier to make shoes and apparel and synchs with the rest of their business.
Yeah Jordan Brand sold more than Callaway, Acushnet, and TaylorMade combined last year. That includes all the other stuff those companies make like FootJoy, Travis Matthew, KJUS, etc. That was a record year for golf. Jordan Brand is about 10% of Nike's total business.

I actually just dusted off my set of Vapor Fly Pro's the other day just to get a look at them. I either need to play them or sell them as its such a waste just sitting here. Really enjoyed those clubs.

I also have a Method Concept and a Mc04w that I love to play around with in my basement putting green. Always enjoyed that insert in those putters.

I actually just dusted off my set of Vapor Fly Pro's the other day just to get a look at them. I either need to play them or sell them as its such a waste just sitting here. Really enjoyed those clubs.
I wish more than anything they made those in LH. I would purchase them from you in a heartbeat lol

Nike had no intent keeping the hardgoods for a long time anyways. But look at the field now, the majority of them are in Nike apparel. It’s not long ago when the final round at The Masters looked like Nike Invitational.

RZN golf ball technologies are still alive. RZN Golf has a full line of golf balls, from 2 pc balls to 4 pc balls. Their RZN Pro is claimed to go farther than RZN Platinum.

I never owned Nike clubs, but have always preferred their apparel. Today though, I bought a Nike bag. Looking forward to using it.

I'm wasn't surprised Nike exited the golf hardware market when they did. The had the best stable of tour players, equipment that body was buying, and the profit margins on golf equipment are not very good. Clothing on the other typically has excellent profit margins. The bean counters eventually got fed up and pulled the plug on the golf devision to protect their ROI and please their shareholders.

Very rarely did I see Nike clubs in the bags of people I was paired with... the golfing public simply wasn't buying into their marketing hype and the hideous driver and fairway colour schemes.

Surprisingly, even today I still see a lot Nike balls still being played or found in the bushes. That shows you the amount of golf ball inventory they had when they shut things down back then.

I will never forget the Buzz when they rolled this baby out. The Golf Shop went FULL TILT!

1628554665565.png

CPR hybrids were the best clubs in the bag for me for a long time. Really the only consistent club in there at all in the past.

Back