5 Years Since Nike Golf Closed the Doors!

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We are just about a month away from a bit of a dubious anniversary. Nike Golf closed their doors as the apparel company did away with equipment and golf balls from their lineup. Instead focusing on apparel and footwear.

Looking back at their lineup of equipment over their bold and quick tenure, what was your favorite?

Untitled-23-1024x692.jpg

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
The SV Tour were my favorite wedges of all time!!! loved them. Stayed in the bag for years

@JB you and I were sitting at Toulon Design when it got announced.

I have a set of their blades and pro-combo. Liked them very much. Wedges very good as well.

I had a slingshot and a CPR hybrid that were so easy to launch.
DC8C5E42-8355-47C2-B91E-4648CC70B8DD.jpeg0427759C-6A2C-4C11-88E9-CA5F08DADC94.jpeg

1624894112483.jpegAlways thought these looked incredible.

This driver was a MONSTER when it came out......
PqCUOVZXtobS8opAVtEcePaVAgnkBpNtOZDgX4bonBtv9AJUWhSfk5SZcR-zbXyuGpjP_SdIJlgczE_y016Zt00g3BVFj6JcWUJ3WTSLXgm8b4NIsXQF0X5gV6mLfwP1EEwaYyigQvVXMJGy

• Admin
@JB you and I were sitting at Toulon Design when it got announced.

That is correct. I remember telling you the day before that there were some rumblings of something big happening at Nike and this was not what we expected. Or anybody else, including the employees.

The VR Pro Combo irons were amazing.

Oh Nike. I was obsessed with the slingshot 4d irons, and Ignite putter, when I was first getting into golf.

View attachment 9014908Always thought these looked incredible.

The VR pro irons were as good as anything in the players category at that time.. That Is what i was going to post. I also liked the Nike ONE platinum ball.

I also still creep for one of these. If I find one at a decent price I will buy it.

1624894378641.png

Still have the Nike Covert driver in my garage.

i never tried the vr pro but i have a feeling i would have enjoyed them.

while i never gamed them, i hit on more than one occasion the cci irons and loved them.

Favorite Products of Nike...

Nike Method putters - esp the 003 model. I fell for that one at the first large THP Demo Weekend. Still have it, and roll it almost every time I'm on my putting green in the basement.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver - Love the shape, the look(yes the candy apple red). Performance for me was really really good, and I still say to this day they had the best adapter in the business, esp when they made it light on the Vapor line.

Nike VRS Forged irons - forged clubhead that had a good cavity to it, a little bit larger in size, but crazy good distance and forgiveness. Plus the sole of those had that beveled edge and was a touch thicker which I loved. That AW was great from the sand.

Nike One Tour D gold ball - yes I know made by Bridgestone. Little too clicky for me now, but at the time, I really liked that golf ball.

I would say they are doing their best to run themselves out of the apparel business too. The VR combo irons are gorgeous.

Wow. Cannot believe it has been 5 years. Seems like it was maybe 2 years ago max. I don't really miss much of their clubs, but I thought they made some really cool bags. Still mad I let go the converter bag they made.

The VR pro irons were as good as anything in the players category at that time.. That Is what i was going to post. I also liked the Nike ONE platinum ball.

I also still creep for one of these. If I find one at a decent price I will buy it.

View attachment 9014909

i hate so much I got rid of mine. I loved that dang thing. Now very hard to find at a price.

the vr pros were easily some of the best irons ever made.

That is correct. I remember telling you the day before that there were some rumblings of something big happening at Nike and this was not what we expected. Or anybody else, including the employees.

I can't remember which Toulon son it was, but it was super fun to be at an OEM at the time it happened. The reactions were super fun and interesting to be in that fishbowl.

That vapor line was the best imo. It had something for everyone and the Method line of putters were very underrated.

I worked and saved all summer to buy a set of the CPR 2s. Haha I was more proud of those clubs than about anything I ever bought. I loved the black and red.

images (14).jpeg

I made a combo set of the Vapor Speed and Vapor Pro Combos. They were great.

1624895337356.png1624895367021.png

Seems like it has been longer ago than that. Never played any Nike clubs so no favorite. Thought a few of their balls were pretty good but can't remember specifically which models they were.

Never could bring myself to playing any of their equipment or golf balls.

And it still makes me sad. VPC’s are one of the best iron sets of all time.

Back