5 Years Since Nike Golf Closed the Doors!

My favorite is still the club that is in my bag. My Vapor Flex 5w. I just love that thing.

I loved Nike clubs. They were my first real set that I was happy to have. I had almost an entire Nike bag at one time and was really set on rocking the swoosh. Then they got rid of their equipment :LOL: My favorite looking clubs they ever made were the Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons. They were only in RH though so I was never able to use them unfortunately.

Another club I still have but don't use anymore, since I switched handedness on putting, is the Method Origin B2-01. That was my first premium putter and don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Best looking set I’ve owned. Couldn’t hit them very well but they were stunning. 9564FD42-6FE9-4AAC-A5D5-67AC0806AA13.jpeg

Their oven stuff and the method putters. Vapor pro combo iron set

I can’t think of too many companies that wouldn’t like to add a billion in revenue during a down time, which Nike has had plenty of recently. They just weren’t good enough to get there my opinion. Otherwise there was no reason to cut it, as they are still paying those athletes obscene amount of monies to rock 3rd place in footwear.
I think if Nike was doing Callaway business they would still be in the golf equipment business. They were doing way less than that though.

I've played and owned two Nike clubs and have thought both were really good (and good looking):

1624921873746.png1624921938775.png

I played a VR pro 5 wood with a lot of lead tape and a 40” Blueboard 83 shaft for a very long time. Still like the club, just didn’t have the forgiveness of my current gamers.

I still have my Nike driver from probably 20 years ago and it could still be in my bag as it was that good to me.

Trippy it has been that long. They had some great stuff and some not so great. I never got along with their balls. Always liked the looks of the vr pro irons. Never got to hit much and was always curious on the vapor drivers.

With a little luck maybe they will shut down everything.

I liked my slingshot irons and the VR driver. Kinda wished I’d kept them as a spare set

I still game my Nike Covert 5 wood. I've always wanted to replace it but I've never hit another club better.

I really liked the Vapor line of drivers and woods.

I loved the Vapor Fly clubs when they came out. Still have a driver and wish I had never sold the hybrid i had. Also enjoyed the Method Converge putter - it just put a really solid roll on the ball.

At the beginning of the solid core ball revolution the Nike ball was very good. I think it was the Tour Advantage but I could be totally wrong. I am pretty sure it was made by Bridgestone based on Nike's specifications.

I bet they moved on and never looked back. Easier to make shoes and apparel and synchs with the rest of their business.

I bought one or two sets of wedges - the TW and DD - Woods and Duval. They were good. And played the original Pro Combo.

Bought irons for my oldest son when a junior - Slingshots and Hybrid

I played the Original SQ Driver for a year. It sounded better than the second version, which was a real trash can...

I have a set of VR TW irons and break them out from time to time. They are a great set of irons but man are they not forgiving at all.

Poor Tommy Fleetwood.

The only Nike club I remember is that square driver and I sure don't miss that thing. Never owned one, just heard it.

Nike bags are decent but they still make those so I guess I'm not missing anything haha.

Has it really been that long? Time flies..

This driver was a MONSTER when it came out......
PqCUOVZXtobS8opAVtEcePaVAgnkBpNtOZDgX4bonBtv9AJUWhSfk5SZcR-zbXyuGpjP_SdIJlgczE_y016Zt00g3BVFj6JcWUJ3WTSLXgm8b4NIsXQF0X5gV6mLfwP1EEwaYyigQvVXMJGy
Firt "real" driver I ever bought.
Thought these were the coolest irons in my schooling days.

20200731053713.jpg
Still have my set of those. I need to break them out for sh!ts and giggles.

The VR pro irons were as good as anything in the players category at that time.. That Is what i was going to post. I also liked the Nike ONE platinum ball.

I also still creep for one of these. If I find one at a decent price I will buy it.

View attachment 9014909

the nike ball was just Bridgestone though

Back