$5k golf vacation

I just went to SW England and played Royal North Devon, Saunton East, Saunton West, St Enodoc, Perranporth, Trevose, Burnham& Burrow, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, Sunningdale New and Sunningdale Old. Every round was comped. 10 nights in random places ran $1000. Flight was $800 Car rental was $500 Food/Drink was $600.That leaves $2100 for continuation. So up to Manchester area I'd go. Rounds at Southport Ainsley, Royal Liverpool, Royal Lytham, Wallasey, Formby, Hesketh, West Lancashire and Hillside. Another $600 for hotel, $400 for food/drink $400 car rental and $700 for purchase of shirts from clubs. Again all the golf is comped. All told 19 rounds of golf in 16 days. Good to be retired and good to be a golf course rater.

As someone who is not yet retired, I may need information on how to become an apprentice "golf course rater!"

Since I have new clubs, I don't need them.
I would take the wife and go back to The Moon Palace in Cancun for their all inclusive golf package.
All the food, drink, entertainment and golf that you can handle.
Would still have nearly a grand left to spend shopping or maybe upgrade the flights to first class.
Moon Palace is amazing. Make sure you stay in the sunrise side. Better restaurants

Back