$5k golf vacation

Easy. I take a trip to Scotland and play The Old Course, The New Course, the Castle Course, Carnoustie, etc. Id take the clubs that I already have and be very happy.
My wife and I have actually been discussing doing just this lately. Its been a bucket list trip for me for the past 20 years and now that Im nearing 40, I want to start checking some of these bucket list courses off.

If going alone, I’m doing either Australia/New Zealand or Ireland/Scotland.

orrr

I’m taking 3 friends with me (they pay airfare I’ll take care of the rest) to bandon, Wisconsin or Arizona

I’m going to the UK & Scotland to play some golf.

No new equipment would be needed and I would be taking the wife to Hawaii to play!

I can play perfectly mediocre golf with my own equipment, so a nice flight to a golf destination and play some nice courses with at least 1 bucket list course

Off to Ireland with my clubs, and after paying ferry and hotel, I would have a lot of Guinness vouchers left.

All goes to travel expenses, probably 4 days for me and a friend at Bandon. That should cover about 2 rounds a day, food and lodging.

Since I already do a yearly trip w/ the guys, I would probably take the wife and either head down to the RTJ Trail or head to Hammock Beach Resort.

To steal @pattyboy21's idea - I'd do a little southeast golf tour, bringing my best friend. I'd drive to Asheville and play 9 somewhere, spend a night drinking there, next 2 days at Pinehurst, a day at Kiawah, 2 days on Hilton Head, and a day in Savannah. I'm a little too far from Bandon or Cabot to fit flights and lodging and golf and caddies under $5k, so I think I can make it work by hopping through the southeast on some Airbnb's and still pick up all the rounds.
You couldn't go wrong playing Mount Mitchell in Burnsville, NC (just up from Asheville). My parents used to own a cabin there and the course is awesome! They have HUGE Rainbow Trout in the crystal clear streams running through the course... magical place!

I'm playing Pebble Beach. I was on the fence, but after watching this weekend I can do what I want at Pebble for $5k

I use a frequent flyer and go to Scotland and Ireland with three buddies that would be happy to pay their own way. This bucket list trip will likely happen in the next two or three years. :)

I just booked it a while back.

2020 Bandon Dunes Cup - $1675
includes - Three Nights Lodging (double occupancy), Golf on four of Bandon Dunes Golf Resorts 18-hole courses, Welcome Reception at the Punchbowl, Three Breakfasts, Awards Luncheon, Tournament Gifts

Championship Experience Stay and Play - $449
includes 2 night stay at Hotel Murano and we booked a round at Gold Mountain, Home Course, and 2 at Chambers Bay through this package.

That leaves $2876 for flight from PHX to Eugene then Seattle to PHX. Rental car (split 2 ways), meals for a week that aren't included, ship clubs to Bandon, fees to bring clubs back from Washington. 1 extra night hotel in Bandon area (split), 1 extra night hotel in Portland or Tacoma (split), bar tab, a practice round on Old Mac on Sunday, and a caddie for the tournament.

Easy!

Vegas... take my parents to all the courses they haven't played (they live there). And maybe get them some new equipment as well since lodging would be "free"! ;)

This is about what a week in Ireland is pricing out to be with airfare and hotels.
I've got to find a way to bring that down to get buddies to go.

I'm taking my old man and my best pal somewhere, and the tab is all on me. It wouldn't be anywhere majorly exclusive or expensive, which means that I can pick up all the airfare, hotels and food/drink along the way. Now just need to ponder where that might be....

I'm taking my old man and my best pal somewhere, and the tab is all on me. It wouldn't be anywhere majorly exclusive or expensive, which means that I can pick up all the airfare, hotels and food/drink along the way. Now just need to ponder where that might be....
Rockliffe Hall, and if you need someone to make up a 4-ball I am only 5 minutes away.... :whistle:

Rockliffe Hall, and if you need someone to make up a 4-ball I am only 5 minutes away.... :whistle:
Consider it done - now where do I claim that $5k?

Considering the stupid cost of flights from the UK, I would probably do a tour of Scotland and then pop over to Ireland and get my moneys worth rather than spend a good quarter of the money on flights over to the US

I'm thinking $1500ish goes to another putter, $300ish on a new golf bag, and $3200 to take a golfcation in Vegas!

I don't need any equipment. I would head to pebble beach and play as many awesome golf courses out there as I could!

I'm thinking $1500ish goes to another putter, $300ish on a new golf bag, and $3200 to take a golfcation in Vegas!

$1500 on a putter? Bling bling!

Considering the stupid cost of flights from the UK, I would probably do a tour of Scotland and then pop over to Ireland and get my moneys worth rather than spend a good quarter of the money on flights over to the US
If only you knew a THPer in Scotland......;)

I know a couple but their names escape me at the moment :LOL:
Well one of them is a Yorkshireman, so that should seal the deal completely :ROFLMAO:

Back