60 Degree Wedge Distance

I've hit a few at the range just for the heck of it and it was around 70 yards. I have options that I would use first before trying to attempt a 60* full swing.

Use full 60 swings all the time. 75-85 yards are the sweet spot for full swings. Can squeak out 90 if needed.

I have a 58* and all I want out of it 60 yards
If I need more than that, off to the sand wedge

70 on a good easy swing.
120 if I skull it on a tight lie.

These days, being a short hitter, my 60 goes about 60 yards max. I'm more comfortable using it from 50 yards, and closer. It's not a club I put a full (speed) swing on.

It's more of a finesse club for me, where accuracy is my priority. It's my #1 flag chaser given the right distance, and lie situation.

I also use it out of firmer green side bunkers, and firmer thin lies, since it has a very low bounce.

I usually play my 60* in between 50-60 yards when I need to get the ball up in the air. It’s one of the more consistent clubs in the bag for me.

I don't use a full swing with my LW.

Full swing is 85 yards or so but I rarely do that. That’s usually my 56* job :)

70-75 yards with a nice, controlled swing. Could probably go farther, but at 80-90, I feel more comfortable hitting my 54 with a 3-quarter swing.

I only use mine within 20 or so yards of the green from a fluffy lie to get over a bunker or other obstacles with a flop shot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

60 yds, but it's inconsistent, so I don't try it very often.

70-75 yards is the wheelhouse.

Full swing is about 90 yards . That being said I hardly Max it out usually 80% SS cause I put way too much spin if I go all out on it

I added a 60 degree wedge with a 10 degree bounce to the bag today. I have never played one in the 41 years I have played the game.

I just wanted to ask everyone who plays a 60, what their normal yardage is on a full swing? I know that it will vary from player to player.
About 65y to 70y.

I added a 60 degree wedge with a 10 degree bounce to the bag today. I have never played one in the 41 years I have played the game.

I just wanted to ask everyone who plays a 60, what their normal yardage is on a full swing? I know that it will vary from player to player.

You shouldn’t be full swinging with a 60°

Have a 58 that I hit 95 yards and bag a 62 on occasion that I can get 75 out of. So I am guessing I would get about 85 out of a 60.

I love my 60 lob wedge and use it a lot. A full swing goes 90-95 for me. Had 85 to the pin yesterday and took a nice easy swing and landed it 110-115 over the green. Was crushing my irons 20 yards further than normal all day so def a rare long miss with that club.

If I hit mine full out, which I almost never do anymore, mine flies 94 yds. Super high ball flight and not that consistent left to right dispersion. I'm way more accurate with a partial 50* or PW shot.

80% of my 60* shots are short game chips and pitches or bunker shots, all inside of 40 yds.

so I have two answers. For many years, I let my swing be led by my trailing right hand. My controlled distance with the 60 was about 65 yards. To step on it in a round with pressure would often lead to a chunk or a skull since basically I was throwing my right hand under the ball with a very lofted club. I mention this because most of my playing partners do this with a wedge and if I answered 3 years ago I'd say 60 to 65.

Currently my LW is about 75-85 with a full but not rushed or angry swing. This swing has left arm leading and no flipping of the hands at the ball. I have no issue taking the full swing but I take a bit off of it to ensure I'm smooth. I need a very precise shot.

People who don't full swing their lob....why? I've never noticed an issue with my pm grind on full swings.
Because it’s the wedge with the least margin for error, and that is the hardest for amateurs to hit consistently and not cause more trouble than good.

Best thing I ever ever ever did for my scoring was to stop full swinging my LW. Learn to be more versatile and your game will thank you.

If there's anything more than 70 to pin.. club is back in bag

Back