TrueFX

Reaction score
Handicap
Hypothetical Question :

Assume you hit your drive to a yardage that puts a 9 Iron or better in your hands for your approach shot on a par 4. This could be in the fairway or rough, either way you have a clear shot to the green.

How often do you walk away with a par? This includes GIR + 2 putt or just off the green for an up & down.

I'm gonna say 50% of the time. I need to work on this - too many times I screw up easy shots like this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Par or better, 80-85%. Make it a full shot with gap, sand, or lob wedge and I would guess I make more birdies than bogies. I used to track stuff like that but haven't for years.

I'm thinking I'd get par around half the time with the current state of my game.

I would think 75%. I track my rounds so I can get the exact amount.

Very low probably around 35-40%.

My last round was 65% but mostly due to good short game.
I need to tighten up my short iron play if I'm going to lower my scores.

I'll say half the time...I'm an expert at wasting good drives.

couldn't figure out a good way to filter it but for last 20 on holes under 375 my scoring average is 4.18, not sure how that translates to your question but generally I have a 9 iron or less from that length.

According to Game Golf, I get within 15 yards of the pin 53% of the time with my 9 iron, and I average 2 putts per hole, so I'm going to say I do this about 50-55% of the time, accounting for the occasional 3-putt but also the occasional scramble.

My guess would be about 50% of the time. My short game is usually what saves me.

Total guess but I'll say 40%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing 40-50%. This is one area I plan to work on this year

I'm going with 80%. 9 iron distance is pretty close to the green for me!!

I would say 60%. If my short game is solid that day it would be much higher, but chipping and short pitches are the most inconsistent parts of my game.

I want to say about 60% but it's merely a guess. My bigger numbers tend to come from poor tee shots putting me in a bad position and I feel good about getting down in 3 from 130 yards.

I'd say 75% of the time for me. I am very confident in my 7-iron to PW on approach shots.

Should be an easy par 60% of the time, but on Sunday hit my best drive of 295yds with 40yds left and double bogeyed..:banghead:

Right now about half the time would be my guess.

probably 50%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest and say 40% my putting needs work.

Not often enough.

Based on what I know of my game and what Game Golf tells me... I'd estimate 40-45% of the time. I tend to hit a lot of thin shots with scoring clubs in my hands, so... while I can make a birdie or par... I can also turn a good drive into a triple in a hurry.

I would say about 50%, but I have been known to fat a shot or two before. On a good ball striking day definitely a higher %.

I would say in the 60-65% range. With any iron below an 8i I expect to hit the green. It doesn't always happen but I'm pretty good about getting up and down.

Back