A belated hello from the 'burbs of NYC

WMac19

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all, been here for a month or so but never even noticed the Check-In forum. Oops. :embarrassed:

The name's Will (or Bill, Willie, Billy... answer to 'em all!), I just retired from the NYPD in October after 20 years. I'm taking about a year or so off before I work again so I can jump-in with both feet with my two passions, fitness and golf.

It's more like, "weight-lifting" and golf because I like to train heavy and tend to be inconsistent with cardio. Golf and bulking-up don't go together very well. At least with my warped way of doing things. :wink: At 43, I sometimes laugh at myself for trying to keep up with the guys 20 years younger but what can I say? One last go of it... I finally have the time now so no excuses.

I've already reached many of my fitness goals, adding about 20-25 lbs (mostly "muscle memory") while cutting my fat-index in half.

Now onto golf. I better get to more stretching because I'm all out of sorts. So much for mutually exclusive hobbies!

I've been playing golf for 20 years but seriously for about 12. I'd once had my HC down to 3.5 at its lowest but that was with a swing which hardly resembles the one that I possess now. I joke about the mutually exclusive hobbies but the year when I played my best was also when I was in the best shape of my adult life. So I'm really going hard at both in the attempt to recapture the magic. But, lol... both are fairly significant uphill battles!

This is a great place, I've already enjoyed it tremendously. As you can probably tell, I'm long-winded, so you'll see a fair share of me around here. :laugh:

Hi all, been here for a month or so but never even noticed the Check-In forum. Oops.

The name's Will, I just retired from the NYPD in October after 20 years. I'm taking about a year or so off before I work again so I can jump-in with both feet with my two passions, fitness and golf.

It's more like, "weight-lifting" and golf because I like to train heavy and tend to be inconsistent with cardio. Golf and bulking-up don't go together very well. At least with my warped way of doing things. :wink: At 43, I sometimes laugh at myself for trying to keep up with the guys 20 years younger but what can I say? One last go of it... I finally have the time now so no excuses.

I've already reached many of my fitness goals, adding about 20-25 lbs (mostly "muscle memory") while cutting my fat-index in half.

Now onto golf. I better get to more stretching because I'm all out of sorts. So much for mutually exclusive hobbies!

I've been playing golf for 20 years but seriously for about 12. I'd once had my HC down to 3.5 at its lowest but that was with a swing which hardly resembles the one that I possess now. I joke about the mutually exclusive hobbies but the year when I played my best was also when I was in the best shape of my adult life. So I'm really going hard at both in the attempt to recapture the magic. But, lol... both are fairly significant uphill battles!

This is a great place, I've already enjoyed it tremendously. As you can probably tell, I'm long-winded, so you'll see a fair share of me around here. :lol:

Welcome to the forum WMac! I just recently got into fitness as well and am trying to bulk up. Started about 4 months ago (from 157-Now 174). I agree with you about the bulking up and golf thing. If you work out one day and try and golf the next it's very tough because of soreness.

A belated welcome I suppose!! THP is the best golf forum around as you already know!!

Welcome! I have bulk I would gladly give you as I am currently trying to bulk down :D

I Tapped, I Talked

Welcome to the site wmac!!! 20 years in NYC! Wow! Thats some resume. Congratulations.

soreness.
Soreness is weakness leaving the body lol

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP WMac, your introduction reminded me of the comedian Ray J. Johnson's routine. He pretended to become annoyed when addressed as "Mr. Johnson", exclaiming in a loud voice, "My name is Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr." ultimately ending with, "but you doesn't hasta call me Mr. Johnson!"

welcome!

:welcome: Enjoy the forums!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Thanks so much, all! And, lol... DawgDaddy... I think I remember something like that!

Welcome aboard!

Hello and :welcome:

WELCOME TO THP! Its a blast

This a little late buddy but welcome aboard. I call my younger brother (William) all sorts of names and Bill happens to be one of them. I think I'm the only one who calls him that. Haha, anyway hope all is well!

Back