A BIG THANKS to THP!

TexAg08

Buckle #12 Whoop!!
Reaction score
Handicap
I would like to thank everyone here at THP and a big thanks to amollerud for the wonderful insight and opinion they pour into each and every thread, especially the golf tips thread. I have been reading and reading, listening to everyone here and that I've played with. Today at the range with a Jumbo bucket and a Large bucket I really focused on the reoccuring themes

1. Tempo
2. Swing easy, don't try to kill it
3. getting the club face square at address and my hands pushed forward slightly.
4.bend at the knees slightly, (don't reverse pivot as well)

you know what happened, I started from the top and worked my way down the list for about 20 minutes over a 2 hour session by the time I was finished was a success!!! I was creaming the ball and the contact and sound and feel was amazing!!!

Thank you THP for your valuable input!!! I hope I can keep in the groove i created today!!

Last edited:
THank our THP pro more than us. We are clueless and he is good.

I agree, Andy is awesome. Earlier this year I was terrible with my driver and after following his advice Im much better.

I agree, Andy is awesome. Earlier this year I was terrible with my driver and after following his advice Im much better.

Well...and the R9 didn't hurt much either!

I edited to include him I'm sorry it was an over sight in my excitment!

Well...and the R9 didn't hurt much either!
True, the R9 helps but I still have to make at least a halfway decent swing. LOL
Not that all of my drives are great, but Im much improved and my driving gets better each and every day. Im to the point now where I hit the fairway about 75% of the time and my drives go about 250 yards.
Part of that also has to do with the fact that this year Ive been really serious about working out and getting back into shape. Lifting weights and cycling has done a lot to help my ballstriking.
Lets not turn this thread into being about me though, this one is all about thanking Andy for his advice.

True, the R9 helps but I still have to make at least a halfway decent swing. LOL
Not that all of my drives are great, but Im much improved and my driving gets better each and every day.

Yeah, I know. I've been going thru a weird driver swing myself lately. I'm trying to develop a "drop" at the top of my backswing, and when I do it nicely...its a PERFECT, bombing draw. When I mess up the slightest bit, it's a 200 yd SLICE in the woods. :\

Yeah, I know. I've been going thru a weird driver swing myself lately. I'm trying to develop a "drop" at the top of my backswing, and when I do it nicely...its a PERFECT, bombing draw. When I mess up the slightest bit, it's a 200 yd SLICE in the woods. :\
I hear ya. I used to hate hitting my driver, but now its almost my favorite club in the bag (the putter will always be my fav).
I love the feeling of hitting a good drive. Sometimes I almost feel like yelling, "POW!!!!" every time I hit a drive because its gotten to be that much fun.

Thanks guys that is great to hear. I am here to help so keep the questions coming. On another note the hand is making big strides so I hope in the very near future JB and I can get out and add to the THP TV library we have started. If you have any suggestions please shoot me a pm and I will talk it over with Mr. and Mrs. JB.

Back