A Brand Story: Tour Edge Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in 1986 a young entrepreneur had a vision of creating a brand in the golf industry that offered cutting edge materials and technology at a price that was more palatable to the golfer. The goal was to change the reality of equipment through golfers’ perception of the quality vs value debate.

Fast forward 35 years and the brand continues to be a top 10 manufacturer world wide in nearly every category. That same entrepreneur that created the brand and the vision is at the helm today, his name is David Glod and we had a chance to chat with him in this very candid conversation.

4-1-1024x692.jpg

Like all brands in the golf equipment space, changes take place, and in the not so distant past we saw prices rise, but according to Glod, “We really do live by our ‘Pound for Pound Nothing Comes Close’ mantra”.

When asked about his thoughts on price and premium products offering some level of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice write up the 6 staffers and in the bags of 122 more is a staggering statistic showing the quality of the brand.

Very nice write up. He seems like a really smart guy who had a vision and made it happen. Glad that I have some TEE clubs in the bag. They are excellent products.

Great read right here.

Very nice write up. Nice to see people use the product because it helps them win not because they are paid to.

Great stuff! Enjoy these back stories where you meet the people behind the brands. Glad to see someone with a genuine passion for golf continue to have success over 35 years. I know I've become a big fan of Tour Edge over these last 8 months, and know it will continue into my golfing future.

A true American success story. A man with a vision finds a way to compete with the big boys in the business. His 3 tiered approach to the product segments is a great business plan. Entry level boxed sets makes it easy for mom and dad to get their kids into the game. I have become a real fan of the 721 line. The driver is awesome and irons are so forgiving and long.

Outstanding read! Tour Edge is definitely a company that has a soft spot in my heart and that is fortified even more every time I read about the company and/or the products.

Nice writeup about Tour Edge. I enjoyed reading it. It’s a brand that will remain in consideration for me in the future.

Great write up. Love seeing how things work on the inside. What a great approach the company has.

I love this, A guy with a dream that stuck to his guns and stayed the path and Found a way to make it happen even during Covid. //when they signed Langer this year, WOW! Daly is now playing a full bag too.. So many playing with no compensation is a testament to the quality and the playability of the brand. As a member of Team Tour Edge this year, I have come to realize what so many others already knew. This Stuff is Good!

Nice write up the 6 staffers and in the bags of 122 more is a staggering statistic showing the quality of the brand.

This is what is such a testament to the drive behind the company and the Work that they have done. It would be so cool to tour the facility and meet the Faces behind the brand

Outstanding read!

Thank you. It was fun to write to dig in a little deeper with some questions that are not discussed often.

That's an incredibly well done article. I've been intrigued by Tour Edge for a good while, and now I'll be giving them even a stronger look next time I'm on the hunt for something. Hmm...I've been wanting a 5 wood.

Nice write up.

I've been a Tour Edge iron player for as long as I can remember. Just a darn fine company to do business with.

From service after the sale, to quality of equipment, they are just as good as any other company. Probably better than some.

I love what these guys are doing! I think my next 3W will be an Exotics. Their price point makes them a no-brainer to try.

Going to have to find some time to read this later today when I can get a break from staff meetings. Looks like an amazing piece!

Nice job, @JB. Quality products played without compensation by Tour pros -- and with 48-hour delivery on customer orders of their top of the line equipment -- speaks volumes about Tour Edge leadership. Kudos to them.

Going to have to find some time to read this later today when I can get a break from staff meetings. Looks like an amazing piece!
As a member of the TEEm, I think you will enjoy a little peek behind the curtain.

Great article @JB ! I still believe Tour Edge has surpassed Wilson as Chicago’s top golf OEM.

I really enjoyed this story, and I have sincerely enjoyed working with, and getting to know, all the folks at Tour Edge over the years.

Reactions: JB
Good read. I have had the chance to try a couple different TE bottom of the bag clubs during the last few years and have always come away impressed. And from everything I've seen, their top of the bag stuff is quite possibly even better. Hoping to get the opportunity soon to test out some more.

Hoping to get the opportunity soon to test out some more.

Winner of fantasy golf getting a full bag and you are in contention might lead to that :D

Nice read! Tour Edge is just so underrated, and unknown to many, that seeing their story get told is always a good thing. :thumb:

This article was crazy well done JB. Truly.

It also makes my heart happy as TE has been absolutely swinging with ANY brand the past two cycles and just going about their business with it. Top to bottom, they’re a complete company, and I adore they refer the box set segment as their “get in the game” offerings.

Love it.

Back