A Brand Story: Tour Edge Golf

Great article and I think the TEE story is awesome. It's nice seeing a company succeed.

Couple of things and questions:

1. That pic of the equipment room is cool. Is there a was to see more? So they make intentional production overruns and store them for future warranty replacements. Is there a set number that they target to reach for having stores on hand? I figure there is but that number is probably proprietary and not given out. That's some forward thinking right there in my opinion. Trying to ensure they keep their customers happy.

2. I think that pic of the equipment room might have had 1 lefty club in it.:cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Unless it was a wood that wasn't all the way on the rack.

3. I'm guessing that TEE tracks sales... do they take into account the potential club flippers? Like someone purchasing woods at $299 and splitting them into the head and shaft and selling them separately? Or is a sale a sale? (Probably hard to account for that but there may be an app for it):ROFLMAO: Just curious.

I'm not sure whether there's any profit in doing that but getting a $250 wood shaft for $299 with an awesome head on it could be tempting to try to profit on it... especially in the Covid lack of inventory we're seeing.:confused2:

Good read and really cool to see the story that is Tour Edge. They really have been ahead of the curve on a lot of things.

Great article and I think the TEE story is awesome. It's nice seeing a company succeed.

Couple of things and questions:

1. That pic of the equipment room is cool. Is there a was to see more? So they make intentional production overruns and store them for future warranty replacements. Is there a set number that they target to reach for having stores on hand? I figure there is but that number is probably proprietary and not given out. That's some forward thinking right there in my opinion. Trying to ensure they keep their customers happy.

2. I think that pic of the equipment room might have had 1 lefty club in it.:cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Unless it was a wood that wasn't all the way on the rack.

3. I'm guessing that TEE tracks sales... do they take into account the potential club flippers? Like someone purchasing woods at $299 and splitting them into the head and shaft and selling them separately? Or is a sale a sale? (Probably hard to account for that but there may be an app for it):ROFLMAO: Just curious.

I'm not sure whether there's any profit in doing that but getting a $250 wood shaft for $299 with an awesome head on it could be tempting to try to profit on it... especially in the Covid lack of inventory we're seeing.:confused2:

Let me see if I can answer in order.
1. They set aside a small amount out of each production run to cover this. As far as I know there isn’t a set number, but it will be based on sales.

2. They do not have a lot of LH equipment, but ya never know.

3. That number of flippers is a TINY amount of people and between the work to properly remove, etc it wouldn’t be something to track.

Winner of fantasy golf getting a full bag and you are in contention might lead to that :D
Was trying not to jinx myself but yes. Very excited about the possibility 🤞🏻

Was trying not to jinx myself but yes. Very excited about the possibility 🤞🏻

Hahah. No jinxing here. Good luck and based on the reviews in the forum threads, whoever wins will love the equipment.

Great article!

Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: JB
It's a great story and I look at them from time to time.

$1000 for a set of irons with KBS or Project X graphite shafts is a great price point.

I've been a fan of Tour Edge since I put a set of Bazooka QLs, a Hot Launch predecessor, in the bag. When I'm in the market for a new club, they always get a look and hold their own with the more well-known names.

That was a very interesting read @JB, thanks for that. Great insight into why they focused on the Champions Tour, and the stats about how many Tour players are using their clubs on a staff/logo deal vs. those who just choose to use them on their own dime are pretty amazing.

• Appreciation
That was a very interesting read @JB, thanks for that. Great insight into why they focused on the Champions Tour, and the stats about how many Tour players are using their clubs on a staff/logo deal vs. those who just choose to use them on their own dime are pretty amazing.
Thanks. David Glod was really candid in his answers which made this a fun one

It's hard not to root for Tour Edge when you see their perspective on value in golf.

David Glod is confident, without coming across as arrogant.

I think the best part about this, is how they've presented their product to market. Arrogance would be charging way more than it's worth. Confident to me is charging less than others for great products that show they can be competitive.

Imagine being a fly on the wall when golf exploded last year and people were buying Hot Launch like mad hahaha

Those conversations must have been amazing.

Well done article @JB !
I am a huge fan of the C721 driver and may look into getting a 3 wood.

These guys will keep rocking because they understand their business. That's hard right now with material prices rising and just getting shipping containers seems hard as heck. Lots of respect for what they have done. Hope he has a team to pass it on to so it's not screwed up by some big brand down the road.

Unfortunately their customer service is awful. Maybe if I was on the Champions Tour, I would get a response to phone calls and emails. I’ll assume product quality is better.

I knew nothing about their company. Good article!

Imagine being a fly on the wall when golf exploded last year and people were buying Hot Launch like mad hahaha

That would have been a fun conversation to be a part of.

That would have been a fun conversation to be a part of.
It just seems like it would be such a... joyous.. yet terrifying time to be selling product.

You're killing it, but you can barely cover it. Scramble time.

Great article @JB!

• Appreciation

I had 4 people at the hospital try my HL4 irons and woods that ended up buying them to start playing golf with after hitting tons of models/brands at the Minnetonka PGATSS.

There funny thing is, the irons (7-AW) and ironwoods (4-6) are great for me as a 15, and awesome for a 25+ noob.

The quality and value is definitely there.

I had 4 people at the hospital try my HL4 irons and woods that ended up buying them to start playing golf with after hitting tons of models/brands at the Minnetonka PGATSS.

There funny thing is, the irons (7-AW) and ironwoods (4-6) are great for me as a 15, and awesome for a 25+ noob.

The quality and value is definitely there.
That’s awesome to hear. Glad you enjoyed the piece.

Hey @JB, this really is a fantastic one. Well done again.

• Appreciation
Tour edge punches way above their weight class. They make as good of stuff as anyone. Thanks for the dive into the company.

Unfortunately their customer service is awful. Maybe if I was on the Champions Tour, I would get a response to phone calls and emails. I’ll assume product quality is better.
That is the complete opposite of my experiences. Their Customer Service has always been head and shoulders above that of most other golf companies I've dealt with.

That is the complete opposite of my experiences. Their Customer Service has always been head and shoulders above that of most other golf companies I've dealt with.

I've only had great experiences with their customer service. Even a return that was my fault was handled well.

Back