A club you’d be devastated to lose?

rumstove

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
gnats
While I like my clubs they are all old that I got for cheap. I look forward to updating my entire bag someday. I guess the two clubs I'd miss the most would be my old Ping Zing putter (even though it's not always in the bag) because it's just plain cool and a Snake Eyes 695 3-wood that, while it isn't the longest 3-wood, I can always hit it straight.

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I have played 3 rounds this year without a gap wedge. I've gotten into trouble multiple times because of it. That 110-125 yardage range is just not in my partial swing PW wheelhouse. I don't know if this is testament to how much I miss having a gap wedge or data supporting that I don't get along with that PW (other data support this latter idea).

Why no gap wedge? I ordered an iron set in early Feb that included an AW. I was told I would get my irons in a few weeks. So I sold my gap wedge. Now here well into April, I still don't have new irons. I am waiting on a new gap wedge. It comes in handy, and in the future I'm not playing without one. ;)

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I have played 3 rounds this year without a gap wedge. I've gotten into trouble multiple times because of it. That 110-125 yardage range is just not in my partial swing PW wheelhouse. I don't know if this is testament to how much I miss having a gap wedge or data supporting that I don't get along with that PW (other data support this latter idea).

Why no gap wedge? I ordered an iron set in early Feb that included an AW. I was told I would get my irons in a few weeks. So I sold my gap wedge. Now here well into April, I still don't have new irons. I am waiting on a new gap wedge. It comes in handy, and in the future I'm not playing without one. ;)
I'll be honest, my first thought was gap wedge. ... and then I remembered I have a lot of them. Including 2 of a couple favorites. I kind of go the opposite of selling one before a new one arrives. 😆

Because the situation you just desribed is the stuff of nightmares! Get up in the middle of the night and double check your bag kind of nightmares...

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
any of my three SM8 wedges from the Vokey Experience last year. Esp because the are stamped for my wife, my dog, and my son.

ttucliffhanger

#Mr.SoS
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
All of them in my bag?:eek:

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I'll be honest, my first thought was gap wedge. ... and then I remembered I have a lot of them. Including 2 of a couple favorites. I kind of go the opposite of selling one before a new one arrives. 😆

Because the situation you just desribed is the stuff of nightmares! Get up in the middle of the night and double check your bag kind of nightmares...
Yeah, I jumped the gun for sure. But at that point I trusted the information. I expect I will soon own at least 2 full sets of wedges. Betting on 3 sets would be reasonable. Not happening again! :cool:

And my troubles with that PW drive me nuts. Ever since I reshafted, it has not felt right. I have had the loft and lie checked 3 times. I don't know if there is something off with the shaft or head or both. Or maybe just my head is off. IDK. Give me the 9i, and I can hit all kinds of clean shots. Most irons are that way, for that matter. PW never feels like I hit center. I didn't realize how much I used the gap wedge to cover for PW. I would have been better off getting rid of the PW and keeping the gap. Haha. Live and learn.

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Yeah, I jumped the gun for sure. But at that point I trusted the information. I expect I will soon own at least 2 full sets of wedges. Betting on 3 sets would be reasonable. Not happening again! :cool:

And my troubles with that PW drive me nuts. Ever since I reshafted, it has not felt right. I have had the loft and lie checked 3 times. I don't know if there is something off with the shaft or head or both. Or maybe just my head is off. IDK. Give me the 9i, and I can hit all kinds of clean shots. Most irons are that way, for that matter. PW never feels like I hit center. I didn't realize how much I used the gap wedge to cover for PW. I would have been better off getting rid of the PW and keeping the gap. Haha. Live and learn.
Just knowing you have to cover something can be enough to get in a guy's head and screw with his swing. All the sudden people tend to 'try' to do a lot of things. Extra gap wedges for the win! :p

Scrap22

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Fitted Ping G410 hybrid with Oban revenge shaft that seems to just be perfect in every way. I know I could still get the parts, but everything about that club is perfect and trusted. Maybe not devastated, but crushed for sure.

WMac19

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sadly, none.

I've been playing so erratically the last few years that I've no particular confidence nor attachment to any club in the bag.

DataDude

That's Just Like Your Opinion Man
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If I bought a new one and it got lost in transit I would be devastated.

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nah - they're all expendable

Dartgod

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My Mavrik 3W. I ❤ that thing

zoveracker

Team Paradise 2021 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love hitting my 8 iron and my 5 iron(Bridgestone J15).
It seems like every time I hit them, I just absolutely flush them.

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Nothing is sacred. There are clubs I'd prefer not to lose just because I like them, but not anything that is going to sway the scorecard much one way or another.

Platoon

Reaction score
Handicap
My beloved 17 year old Ping Craz-E. Putting is the only thing I do that is better than my handicap...

GenErr

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I don't have any one club that I'm totally dependent on. Loss of a club just opens up the door to buying a replacement!

Jason89er

Putter over Driver
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For me it would be my old Cleveland Niblick 42 Degree Wedge. It’s old and ugly and kinda looks like a chipper but from inside 50 yards I am deadly with this club. And for the old bump and run around the greens it’s like putting almost. I even bought a spare I found on eBay that I keep in garage in case I lost it. It’s almost brand new but I still use the old one.

EFCE86F5-1458-4B8A-B4A7-61EFFA3F2D97.jpeg

gbtrsc

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.x
For me it would be my old Cleveland Niblick 42 Degree Wedge. It’s old and ugly and kinda looks like a chipper but from inside 50 yards I am deadly with this club. And for the old bump and run around the greens it’s like putting almost. I even bought a spare I found on eBay that I keep in garage in case I lost it. It’s almost brand new but I still use the old one.

View attachment 9004161
I used to have one of those. Not only good for chipping and bump and run shots, but also from 100 yards, that thing was a dart with a 3/4 swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MONTANTK

Reaction score
I would be in shambles if something happened to my 3 wood (Taylormade M5). Definitely my favorite club in the bag and most reliable off the tee

Jason89er

Putter over Driver
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I used to have one of those. Not only good for chipping and bump and run shots, but also from 100 yards, that thing was a dart with a 3/4 swing.

Yup. Old style zip grooves on them too. Great club.

mtbloco

Is it Hoops Season yet?
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm with @MSEASU....all of my custom THP shafted clubs, and the redacted one the Danny built.

tehuti

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
I am happy with everything in my bag right now. But they can all be replaced, no regrets.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in