A club you’d be devastated to lose?

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
8 (WHS)
I don’t change any of my clubs very often... but it wouldn’t worry me to have a driver fitting and put something new in the bag. Same for irons. I’d be happy to change up the wedges and experiment with putters... but my fairway wood is off limits. It’s a 2006 Callaway X 5 wood with a Grafalloy Blue shaft: an absolute relic but I love it. I believe my game would really suffer if I lost it.

Do you have anything in the bag that you’d be gutted to lose? How would it affect your game?

Right now my Speedzone 4i, that I play as a driving iron, but also gaining confidence off the fairway, I would hate to lose. It's my security blanket. If I need to put one down the middle on a tight par 4, I'm pulling it. If my driver isn't working, and I need to put on in the fairway, grabbing the Speedzone. Just a great club that I have fun hitting, and helps me score better.

Taylormade Spider Tour w sight line. Never had a putter that sets up so well for me, and so well suits my straight-back-and-through stroke. Once I pick a line I can focus solely on speed because I know I’m going to be set up well and stroke it well also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really because that would give me an excuse to buy a new club. ;)

My EXS driver! Man that thing is a amazing club for me!

For me it would be one of my 3 SM8's that I got from the 2020 Titleist Vokey Experience. Getting to customize them how I wanted is something I would probably not splurge for myself and I absolutely love the look of them. I've had a bunch of people look at them and say "oh those are freaking sweet!"

My 9 year old putter is my treasure.The only thing in my bag that constantly works well.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Nothing in my bag is irreplaceable really although I like my 3w. And wedges. And irons

Any of them, I like them all.

I guess I don’t really have one as all of my clubs are easily replaceable except my irons, which I’d be happy to replace.

Custom Byron Morgan putter even though it is not in the bag currently.

devastated is too strong a word, but I'd surely miss my persimmon 5 wood and I'm sure someday it will break as it's already 30 years old.

While note devastated, I really like my OG Apex 4 Hybrid with AD-DI shaft....

Now, if you were to take my TM Spider Black Tour Putter, that would be hard to replace as I absolutely love it.

No. It's a golf club. Let's get some perspective.;)

Devastated would ot be a word that I would use, BUT loosing my putter would be tough. It's a long neck and you really don't see that many around, plus it has about 23 years or memory built into it!

For me it used to be a TM Original Rescue with an Aldila NV shaft, it was my favorite hybrid and I literally have not been able to find a replacement like 7 years later. There's been a gap in my bag in that spot for quite some time!

My MacGregor putter that has a Chevy logo on it. It was my grandpa's (had a Chevrolet dealership), then it was my dad's, and now it is mine. It's an old putter and I'm sure I could do better with something from this century, but it still rolls the ball true. My dad gave it too me as a gift out of nowhere at a time I was really down. It really is irreplaceable to me and I play with it every round.

P790 2UDI... fortunately have a backup from a buddy. Really enjoy that club and so far nothing has knocked it out.

Two contenders this season but need to find them and hit together to see if they have a chance.

No matter what I may think privately, I tell all my clubs they are expendable in the hopes it keeps them on their best behavior.

But... I think my 3 hybrid, from 2008, is onto me...

I don’t change any of my clubs very often... but it wouldn’t worry me to have a driver fitting and put something new in the bag. Same for irons. I’d be happy to change up the wedges and experiment with putters... but my fairway wood is off limits. It’s a 2006 Callaway X 5 wood with a Grafalloy Blue shaft: an absolute relic but I love it. I believe my game would really suffer if I lost it.

Do you have anything in the bag that you’d be gutted to lose? How would it affect your game?
I’m currently playing the same 5 wood along with the matching 3 wood and driver. I’m pretty happy with them and the rest of the clubs in my bag. I’ve got an Arnold Palmer sand wedge thats around 50 years old that is the only club that I’d be pretty unhappy about losing.

Nah. Plenty of good clubs out there. I try not to be sentimental. And if I am enough that it would devastate, it'd be on the wall, not in the bag.

Back