A definite first..

Steel President

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I was walking up #2 fairway, a par 5, this evening with my buddy and definitely saw something interesting. We were a good 225-230 yards from the green when we saw two teenagers run up from the woods, grab the flagstick, and take off back down the hill and into the woods. My buddy and I just stood there with the ultimate befuddled look on our faces. The two kids ran through the woods and hopped into a car parked on the driveway - took off from there. What. The. Heck.

We obviously called the pro shop and reported that two teenagers just stole #2's flag and they didn't even know what to say. I think they were as shocked that someone would do something so dumb as we were.

I hope they have camera's along the driveway.

Why do something so dumb?

They don't take our flags, but I think they have been running off with the tee markers.

Looks like somebody won a triple dog dare.

They don't take our flags, but I think they have been running off with the tee markers.

Our tee markers have been stolen numerous times. The pro shop saws up a four by four, puts a metal peg in them, and paints the cubes. Not fancy, but they're cheap.

Kevin

When I was 13 or so, sometimes my pals and I would sneek onto the course in the middle of the day and move the flags into the bunkers so unsuspecting golfers would aim at a hazard. Oh, the stupidity of youth.

Hahahahahahahaha why do I find this so funny? Oh right, I'm their age. I would have been choked if I was playing, still comical either way.

That's stupid. I guess it's better than street signs, but still stupid. My home muni growing up had a few big nets near houses and kids would go in, take all the rakes from the entire course, and throw them up on the net trying to get them as high as possible. Stupidity of youth lol.

Sorry about that.. I guess they could be out doing worse things..

Because theft isn't that big a deal?

No. I guess I was thinking about Making meth in a 2-liter bottle or getting alcohol poisoning from hand sanitizers.

Sorry about that.. I guess they could be out doing worse things..

This is true. Kids will be kids and we've all done dumb stuff.

--
Tapatalk2

I think that's pretty funny. It happens. Kids do stupid things. Hopefully they'll get them back.

That's crazy...they dont steal our flags but the 16th green is near a secluded roadway and a couple of times a year somebody drives on the green and does donuts and tears the crap out of the green

That's crazy...they dont steal our flags but the 16th green is near a secluded roadway and a couple of times a year somebody drives on the green and does donuts and tears the crap out of the green
Now that really sucks. At least they aren't out doing meth.

Well, while I certainly do not condone theft in any form or fashion, that is pretty damn funny. I hope they return them.

sounds like Pittsburgh people to me...nothing out of the ordinary (I kid)

Looks like somebody won a triple dog dare.

That made me laugh.

What are these kids thinking? We just snuck on courses and got drunk when I was a kid. Those idiots need to learn the right way to do things.

The thought of it is pretty funny. I actually think I would laugh if I was playing just because of the randomness of it. Hope they get the flag back though.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

that sucks... the donuts thing really sucks my home course in high school someone tore up 4 greens and they were out for over a year trying to get them fixed it really sucked and put a hurting on the golf course they almost went out of business over it.

When I was in high school we managed to get a couple of keys to the golf carts at the local course. We would go out there late at night and take the carts for a spin. Always fun taking girls out there...

Random, but a guy that played at the local course pooped in one of the cups once.. That one wasn't so funny.

When I was in high school we managed to get a couple of keys to the golf carts at the local course. We would go out there late at night and take the carts for a spin. Always fun taking girls out there...

Random, but a guy that played at the local course pooped in one of the cups once.. That one wasn't so funny.

I seem to recalla post on here lat year where someone came across a poopy filled cup during their round

The kids in Brigantine do this type of stuff. Along the 17th hole where the Tee box is there used to be tall bamboo shoots and they would chill in there and smoke weed and stuff. One day while people were on the tee box they ran out and took clubs right out of someone's bag and took off. Ughh today's youth!

One of the local courses is well off the beaten path without any houses near the main entrance. There are a couple of greens within a 100 yards or so of the entrance and the guys there say the flags are stolen constantly... The worst thing to happen there was a guy had passed out in his car after a drunken company outing. Employees saw the car but assumed someone had gotten a ride home with someone else. They left and locked the gates. The guy woke up sometime in the middle of the night and tried to drive out. He couldn't get the gate open and there a rocks and ditches that prevent someone from driving around the gates.
The guy tears the wood boards off the gate and rigs up some kind of ramp to get himself over the rocks and ditch next to the #7 tee box. Well, 15' long 2"x12"s dont exactly support a car that well and the guy wrecked into the middle of it all... He was walking just down the road when a sheriff deputy drove by, saw his car stuck in the ditch and picked him up.... Lots of trouble for the guy...

Back