A feel good story about a high school golfer from the poorest part of the USA

ddstanford

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great story.

Good story. There are a lot of "farm kids" that do the same and make it to the tour hitting balls out in a field. I think of old time PGA players especially.
Or even like Louis O I understand was a farm kid in S Africa.
A chip on your shoulder can be a huge advantage and motivator in sport and life. That "fire." Kid has it! Hope he gets a scholarship.

Man, I hit balls all over the place as a kid. Open fields. Mat out at the baseball fields. My yard. Whiffle balls. Ball on a cord. Out into ponds or woods.
Put the bag on the back and biked a few miles to the range or course. I think a lot of junior players are very groomed, but most kids don't get golf served up on a silver platter, exactly. :cool:

Cool story! Always love a good underdog story. Thanks for sharing!

Great story, thanks for sharing that. It's awesome to see people rise up and overcome rather than succumbing to the victim mentality. Hopefully he'll serve as a great inspiration to many.

Great story, thanks for sharing that. It's awesome to see people rise up and overcome rather than succumbing to the victim mentality. Hopefully he'll serve as a great inspiration to many.
Sounds like he is inspiring folks on his reservation already, admirable, and those people need someone like that for sure with all the hardship they endure.

Thanks for posting this. You have to pull for a kid like this. Wishing him the best.

Back