donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So if you know me and my posting, I have been having a little Downtime with a broken Right foot. So i am in a boot now and i had purchased a cutting wheel and sander. I have a Grip Station, but today, I cut, trimmed, glued my first shaft.IMG_0771.jpegIMG_0772.jpegIMG_0773.jpeg

Just purchased a Shaft Puller today, heading to the advance course

Awesome work! I recently did my first regrip and hope to move in that direction.

Congrats; such a great feeling seeing your work perform on the course!

Nice!
I dumped all of my tools after I quit golf a while back. I miss building clubs. Need to start buying tools again.

Congrats, I've looked at that station for trimming and finishing, is it worth the coin after your first use?

Congrats!!!!

Set-up is coming together nicely. 👍

Nice!!!

Congrats, I've looked at that station for trimming and finishing, is it worth the coin after your first use?
I have that same unit it works quite well. I use it to cut and prep steel shafts with. Then the 1800 rpm 42” unit to prep graphite and turn ferrules. I like the OP unit because you can attach a vacuum to draw the dust away.

So you need a different rpm or hp for graphite or is there one that does both?
If you prep on a machine with higher rpm it can get away from you on ferrules and graphite if not careful. I have two (1800 rpm,3200 rpm) for ease of mind and not constantly changing belts. With practice wouldn’t be an issue as long as using correct belts just eases the mind a bit.

If you prep on a machine with higher rpm it can get away from you on ferrules and graphite if not careful. I have two (1800 rpm,3200 rpm) for ease of mind and not constantly changing belts. With practice wouldn’t be an issue as long as using correct belts just eases the mind a bit.
Now that makes sense, I bought the ferrule turning belt for my belt sander and wasn't happy but thankfully acetone to the rescue

Impressive! Maybe I should try this!

I’m envious but have other interests for my spare time plus my builder and I are good friends so when I have some work for him it gives me a chance to catch up so times passes very quickly plus he charges me next to nothing. He has all the equipment and has been building clubs for almost 50 years and knows his stuff and has experienced almost everything I have asked him about.

I used to do all my grips plus a few buddies but for what he charges me it is not worth a second thought to let him go at it.

PS - sorry about your foot, wishing you a speedy recovery.

For me, YES! the direction for assembly was a little sketchy, but i figured it out. I have had the grip station for a few years and have been doing my own. Love it and then wanted to do more. I bought the HZRDUS Smokes one a buy on Get one sale and then when i was able to move around more in the garage, set it up and off i went. I have had it for 2 months just looking at it.

So you need a different rpm or hp for graphite or is there one that does both?

I did the graphite on this one, Cant wait to be able to swing it, defiantly has enough time to set up

That's so cool. Bet it's fun working in clubs with good equipment

That's so cool. Bet it's fun working in clubs with good equipment
Piecing it together, I have a swing weight scale that @Golfers Anonymous sent me, and i ordered a shaft pulling tool yesterday so I can start pulling them and taking sleeves off and reusing them....I'll get there. Supposedly i get the boot off 5 Feb and i can start swinging again.

Very cool....I'd like to get into more club work.

So if you know me and my posting, I have been having a little Downtime with a broken Right foot. So i am in a boot now and i had purchased a cutting wheel and sander. I have a Grip Station, but today, I cut, trimmed, glued my first shaft.View attachment 8990151View attachment 8990152View attachment 8990153

That’s awesome Donny, fantastic use of the downtime, let me know when I can send club work your way.

So if you know me and my posting, I have been having a little Downtime with a broken Right foot. So i am in a boot now and i had purchased a cutting wheel and sander. I have a Grip Station, but today, I cut, trimmed, glued my first shaft.View attachment 8990151View attachment 8990152View attachment 8990153

That is an awesome set up! I have only ventured to change grips thus far, want to learn sometime in future to remove shafts and install them as well. 👊

Nice! I've been thinking off and on for a while now about setting up my own grip station and maybe branching out to shaft as you have. (y)

Nice set up. Something about doing your own work.

Back