A moment of silence, please...

I think you can still send that in to callaway for a warranty repair/replacement... All is not lost..
This was my second one, a replacement for one with a splintered shaft. This particular one has been in my bag for probably four years, and I already have an X Forged UT in the garage, I'm not going to bother the fine folks at Callaway to try to replace something that well used. Besides, now I can claim to have caved in the face of an iron(don't tell anyone its old and hollow).

This was my second one, a replacement for one with a splintered shaft. This particular one has been in my bag for probably four years, and I already have an X Forged UT in the garage, I'm not going to bother the fine folks at Callaway to try to replace something that well used. Besides, now I can claim to have caved in the face of an iron(don't tell anyone its old and hollow).

Gotcha. I got mixed up and was thinking it was the most recent model.

but it also means! NEW CLUB INCOMING!

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. May you find comfort and strength in knowing that others care and share in your sorrow.

You are just too strong sir! Try the Recoil shaft in the U iron you already have. That may provide the magic you are looking to replace. If that doesn't give you the performance you want, hit the bay to replace what you lost.

i dont think ive ever seen something like this before.

i dont think ive ever seen something like this before.
I hadn't either, and I don't know exactly when it happened. I used it all day Friday, and my tee shot on 18 with it was just short of my friend's driver. Who knows how long I've been playing it like that.

My Callaway Apex UT 18° has died. I don't know exactly when, I used it on 18 tee Friday and it seemed to perform fine. Today on the first tee I brushed the grooves and at some point my hand wiped across the face and I felt a ridge. The bottom of the very last groove was separated allowing the face to cave slightly, and there was a small crack extending out into the face. While this is my second one after splintering a shaft, for the better part of five years, the Apex UT has been providing faithful and loyal service.

Every favorite club thread, fairway finder thread, oldest club in your bag thread; my Apex UT was my answer. Now the question I'm faced with is do I find another, or do I move on to the X Forged UT I have but am not fond of the shaft in? If I do that do I take the Recoil shaft out of the now fallen soldier or try to find something else? Its a sad day in the Kulbick household.

View attachment 8952074

View attachment 8952075

Gone too soon

So many people feel that they can never get over the loss of a club, but you will. Time is always the great healer. Go through proper grieving, don't rush it and, when you're ready, you will find another.

I am definitely not a fan on the sound of the X Forged UT after hearing the soothing low smack from the Apex UT for all those years. Much more metallic and sharp.

I think if you tell your sad situation to the great folks at Callaway, they may take pity on your dilemma & upgrade you without even asking. (y) I mean for such dedication, what real choice do they have? :cool:

I think if you tell your sad situation to the great folks at Callaway, they may take pity on your dilemma & upgrade you without even asking. (y) I mean for such dedication, what real choice do they have? :cool:
I'd rather get an old Apex UT head. Nothing on the preowned site, and only one 18° on ebay with no pictures of the face, save for the $300 options from Japan.

I'd rather get an old Apex UT head. Nothing on the preowned site, and only one 18° on ebay with no pictures of the face, save for the $300 options from Japan.

You are made of money. I am not sure what the problem is.

You are made of money. I am not sure what the problem is.
Being a Wakulla County aristocrat does not mean I'm an anywhere else aristocrat.

Being a Wakulla County aristocrat does not mean I'm an anywhere else aristocrat.

Well, whatever direction you decide to go in, I only ask that you add lead tape to your driving iron like I did because it's the most internet golfer thing I have ever done and I love it.

Well, whatever direction you decide to go in, I only ask that you add lead tape to your driving iron like I did because it's the most internet golfer thing I have ever done and I love it.
Eh, I don't know about that, I've never been a huge fan of tape. Besides, its not like I need to put it low and back to get more height. Mind you, its not the 180 foot apex and 275 yard carry you see, but its enough for me.

Same shaft, different head.

I guess a J33 old B'stone comes to mind if ya wanna go brand matching with the irons on the cheap?
Titleists 503h? The Cleveland 588MT GI heads are fun as a driving iron and would be in that Srixon family. Higher flight though if that appeals.

Why do hybrids so often die? RIP.

Back