A personal THP milestone

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Six score and four days ago, my fingers brought forth on this forum, a new member, conceived in desperation, and agreeing to the proposition that all golfers are created equal. Since then I have engaged in many a great thread, testing whether that forum, or any forum so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. I have hereby created a new topic in a great thread on that forum. We have come to dedicate this portion the forum, as a memorial for my first personal milestone: my 1,000th post. It is altogether fitting and proper that I should do this. But, in a larger sense, I cannot dedicate, I cannot consecrate—I cannot hallow—this forum. The great THPers, living and dead, who posted here, have consecrated it far above my poor power to add or detract. The golf world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what JB and GG have started here. It is for us the active THPers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who posted here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored THPers we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of posting—that we here highly resolve that these THPers shall not have posted in vain—that this forum, under the golf gods, shall never need a new birth, and that forum of the golfers, by JB and GG, for the golfers, shall not perish from the internet.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed every minute of it. Glad I found this place. To compare this forum to the last I was part of would be to compare Disney World to the clearance section at your local Disney store. In terms of membership numbers and quality of posts, it's not even close... and don't get me started on how cool it is that THP has, what seems like, a dozen giveaways each day! I'm excited that I've already been selected for an event... The THP Championship sponsored by Budget Golf... and I cannot wait to show up, play a bunch of golf, and make some great friends.

Thank you, JB and GG, for what you've created here! Thank you, THPers, for being a part of the greatest group of golfers on earth!

Two score and four days ago, my fingers brought forth on this forum, a new member, conceived in desperation, and agreeing to the proposition that all golfers are created equal. Since then I have engaged in many a great thread, testing whether that forum, or any forum so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. I have hereby created a new topic in a great thread on that forum. We have come to dedicate this portion the forum, as a memorial for my first personal milestone: my 1,000th post. It is altogether fitting and proper that I should do this. But, in a larger sense, I cannot dedicate, I cannot consecrate—I cannot hallow—this forum. The great THPers, living and dead, who posted here, have consecrated it far above my poor power to add or detract. The golf world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what JB and GG have started here. It is for us the active THPers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who posted here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored THPers we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of posting—that we here highly resolve that these THPers shall not have posted in vain—that this forum, under the golf gods, shall never need a new birth, and that forum of the golfers, by JB and GG, for the golfers, shall not perish from the internet.

Abe would be proud. Congrats on the milestone!

Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats. Cheers to many more posts and years

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Very well said and congrat on 1K

Three score and 19 days ago, I started this thread. Now, I'm at 2,000. The last 1,000 (and the last 2,000 for that matter) have been a blast. I truly enjoy this place and can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings.

Is it September yet?

Congrats. You started after me but I've not been very active until 6 months or so ago. I honestly have no idea how many posts I have, I'll have to look. Be pretty cool if this is number 1k. I've enjoyed most of your posts. I've got some catching up to do!

Nope! 24 off. Pretty good guess though!

Congrats and keep it up!

Rock on!

Six score and four days ago, my fingers brought forth on this forum, a new member, conceived in desperation, and agreeing to the proposition that all golfers are created equal. Since then I have engaged in many a great thread, testing whether that forum, or any forum so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. I have hereby created a new topic in a great thread on that forum. We have come to dedicate this portion the forum, as a memorial for my first personal milestone: my 1,000th post. It is altogether fitting and proper that I should do this. But, in a larger sense, I cannot dedicate, I cannot consecrate—I cannot hallow—this forum. The great THPers, living and dead, who posted here, have consecrated it far above my poor power to add or detract. The golf world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what JB and GG have started here. It is for us the active THPers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who posted here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored THPers we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of posting—that we here highly resolve that these THPers shall not have posted in vain—that this forum, under the golf gods, shall never need a new birth, and that forum of the golfers, by JB and GG, for the golfers, shall not perish from the internet.

Three score and 19 days ago, I started this thread. Now, I'm at 2,000. The last 1,000 (and the last 2,000 for that matter) have been a blast. I truly enjoy this place and can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings.

Is it September yet?

It has been two score and 13 days since my last milestone. My pace is increasing. Had a blast the past 1,000 posts. Added my first official THP event (2018 Budget Golf THP Championship) in there and my first unofficial THP group outing in Texas with a few good THPers as well.

Looking forward to many, many more posts and many, many more outings with THPers.

Just over 2.5 months elapsed since I passed 3,000 posts. On Monday evening, I put up post #4,000. Over the last 1,000 posts, I experienced great things here at THP. I met another THPer, @daddio, and had a great time playing at Ledgestone CC in MO in the frigid ~39° temps, I was lucky enough to acquire a Grab Bag on the first go 'round, and I was a part of the generosity in the Secret Santa thread here that showcased so many peoples' kindness. I'm not sure words do any of this justice so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks again, THP, for another 1,000 posts and all the fun (and frustration) that comes along with them.

Congrats on the milestone OG!

Congrats on the milestone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's to another 1,000!

[video=youtube_share;uFNK-9A2VRo]https://youtu.be/uFNK-9A2VRo[/video]

Damn! You sir have been active! Golf much? :)

I missed 6,000 so I'll commemorate 6,107.

I love this place!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks like I've been slackin', but I finally put up the 7,000th post and I still love this place!

At 0958 on the morning of October 31, 2019, I bestowed upon THP my 8,000th post. It's been just under 3 months since I posted the 7,000th so I'm roughly on pace to catch @Canadan in, like, NEVER!

Anyway, I still love this place even if everyone doesn't love me. Gotta get on that AC membership soon so I can get in on the Secret Santa!

Just over 3 months for the last 1,000 posts. Love this place more and more every day. Looking forward to getting out with some OK THPers and maybe some KS and/or TX THPers this year, too.

It's always a pleasure talking golf with you, sir! ;) (y)

Back