A positive story about Iron Covers

Nice story but.....

But why does he wear two gloves?!

I saw this & I respect his decision. But he doesn't have to worry about it anyway ..... it's his caddie that has to worry about not losing them :ROFLMAO:

It still doesn’t make it right.

It's a nice story that won't change anyones view of irons covers. They are, and will always be, the pocket protector of golf. :)

I have iron covers because I have a note from my Dr..

:p

He may be my new favorite PGA Tour player! #MadRespect

I have iron covers that I use from home to course, I have a 1500 pickup that I lay the bag in the bed. During travel they will slide around from time to time. Once I get to course and take bag out of truck I take covers off and stick into bag pocket. When done ill throw them back on and toss the bag into the bed for the trip home. When I fly they tag along just because ive seen baggage handlers gentleness.

I have iron covers because I have a note from my Dr..

:p
Gotcha ... so insanity! It's a medical accommodation. That makes perfect sense, hopefully you filled out the correct ADA forms with HR - which last I heard was Dan on this forum.

I saw this this morning! Nothing wrong with remembering where you came from. Respect for using them

I do respect his appreciation for what he has.

...heading out to put some covers on my hammers.

Nothing wrong with using iron covers. To each his own they say.

My first two new iron sets from TE came with iron covers. I used them until they wore out. Never replaced them.

I think this may be the only legit reason to use iron condoms.

Just kidding.

Kind of.

Not really.

Ok, I'll admit it, when I first got into golf and spent my hard earned money on new clubs I used iron covers. It not only kept my clubs nicer longer but also helped me remember to not leave any club behind. Now this only lasted a short while as I realized that they were not really necessary in the bag and most of the marks on my clubs come from using on the course and thought these are my tools and don't mind if they get marked up. So I get where he is coming from but I am definitely in the no iron cover gang for life :ROFLMAO:

Meh! I’m still going to silently mock him.

Still ha for me.. I like when they get a little dinged up.

Ok, I'll admit it, when I first got into golf and spent my hard earned money on new clubs I used iron covers. It not only kept my clubs nicer longer but also helped me remember to not leave any club behind. Now this only lasted a short while as I realized that they were not really necessary in the bag and most of the marks on my clubs come from using on the course and thought these are my tools and don't mind if they get marked up. So I get where he is coming from but I am definitely in the no iron cover gang for life :ROFLMAO:
If we get to play together again next year I'll try to sneak some iron covers onto your clubs while you're not looking just so I can take pictures and post them on the forum to shame you! :cool:

I don't know what the big deal is. Personally I don't use them...unless I am traveling. I don't know why some people get so exercised by iron head covers. It's not as if it's their game.

I'll be using them with my new irons.

I don't care what people think, I want to keep the heads in the best condition possible.

I'm glad he sees the value in it and it will remind him of his fathers lessons.

Back