a question abut one shaft and multiple heads.

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
I thnk I put this in the wrong section the first time so here it is again.
Several years ago I was fitted for the shaft I am currently using using the Callaway X460 driver head. Since then I have upgraded to the Callaway Octane driver head. My current driver head feels lighter than the X460 that I first was using or the FT-5 after that one. I cannot finh head only weights for any of the driver heads. So my question is this.
How much will different materials, overall weight, and center of Gravity effect the way that a shaft loads kicks and performs?
The shaft that I have played in all three heads is the Graphite Design Pershing in stiff flex.
thanks for the help

It will play a role in the performance. Not just because of the actual club head weight but also because different club heads perform differently. Weighting is different and of course spin is different.

It will play a role in the performance. Not just because of the actual club head weight but also because different club heads perform differently. Weighting is different and of course spin is different.

thanks JB, any idea if it would effect it enough for me to notice?

thanks JB, any idea if it would effect it enough for me to notice?

It certainly could depending on how much the numbers have changed on you.

Super thanks for the help and info JB. Now its off to the fitter to get it checked out.

If you are wanting to keep that head then be willing to go with the shaft that connects it with your swing the best. I changed my head weight 6 grams and it went from awful to good feeling overnight. The head, shaft, swing all have to fit together for it to work. Good luck at your fitting. Be sure to check back in and let everyone know how it went.

Oh if I get fitted for a different shaft thenI will definately go with it. The shaft I currently have has been great but I am not married to it.

Back