A Regional THP Call Out

Sun, mountains, waterfalls, Top 100 course.

FD22F2E6-324F-4169-BD27-07A6EF441F9D.jpeg

Work has been brutal for me.

Same, and with the lightning game on tonight I don’t think I’ll be able to look up much for FL. I can say that I got quotes for my bachelor party for streamsong.... it is out for this event. (About $1300/person for 3 rounds and 2 nights)

There are 3 options I see.

Tampa: Tampa has a ton of great courses around it from southern hills (where the valspar qualifying and Q school events are), to world woods and other good courses in the area. It is a big city and lots of lodging around it for super cheap if needed. Food wise it’s a melting pot of every nationality, pick a food, name a price point, it will be there.

Orlando: what can you say about Orlando that you probably don’t already know? You can get super cheap lodging at Orange County National (around $50/person/night) with a lot of courses in the area that are reasonably priced like Orange County national as well as grand cypress.

Hammock beach: just search any event thread at hammock beach and look at pics. Lodging and the course are cheap, however unless your willing to drive not much to eat unless your in property, there are a few areas but every time I’ve been there I’ve just spent the extra money to eat on property.

3 solid options in Florida. Just choose where you want to be near
#1 beach in the US (Clearwater beach 15 minutes from Tampa)
Disney (if you’re bringing WAGS)
Or ocean views on a golf course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a side note, all 3 of those options can easily be had in the $500 range if wanted, or step up the course and hotel selection as you which and watch the price go as high as you want. For Tampa-think in us brook copperhead (home to the valspar).... if I remember correctly however I stayed on property, played 3 rounds in 2 days (1 night stay) and spent less than $500
Orlando- falcons Fire is great, as well as Bella Colina (my absolute favorite course in the area)but the price will start creeping up (still sub $900 easily though)

Personally I think you guys are choosing the wrong states but hey, we don't drink Naturday's. ;)

aCRDh.So.79.jpg

As a side note, all 3 of those options can easily be had in the $500 range if wanted, or step up the course and hotel selection as you which and watch the price go as high as you want. For Tampa-think in us brook copperhead (home to the valspar).... if I remember correctly however I stayed on property, played 3 rounds in 2 days (1 night stay) and spent less than $500
Orlando- falcons Fire is great, as well as Bella Colina (my absolute favorite course in the area)but the price will start creeping up (still sub $900 easily though)

If this may happen in Florida, the biggest selling point that I can think of, and a lot of people would agree on here I think....

I am annoyingly persistent with getting people on board and getting stuff done. I would organize the hell out of this. I’ll even get one of those “Disney tour group” flags, but it would be a pin flag from the course we play.

No joke, I asked @dwchockey13 for his contact info and handicap about 10 times in 2 days, and even had other people reach out to him because he was ignoring me.

He is annoyingly persistent. Tell him which city, what your price point is, and watch him work

We had a great event at Wekopa today and held a vote. After a lot of debate we want to travel to......

TEXAS

Also want to announce the winner of today’s event and will be the AZ captain.

@ProV1

BA0E54E9-75F2-4213-B1A9-53B2AA35C58D.jpeg

Can’t wait to meet the TX THPers and experience golf and vacation in Texas.

Not shocking @ProV1 took today.

If the wifey approves, can I be adopted to the Texas team? I did live there for about 8 years lol

Sad its not Ohio, but glad you have the call out confirmed!

Though, I love the food posts and their utilization to help sway the vote, I have to admit that I chuckled a little when posters started using tacos as a bargaining chip. I'm thinking "Um, you know we live in AZ, right? We might just have a few people here from Mexico that are pretty adept at the whole taco thing"
:LOL:

Right?! I was thinking who goes out to eat tacos?

Um, 8 Florida THPers just competed in a tournament, and if we add the few that couldn’t make it because of scheduling, I think it would be hard to limit it to just 12 people, let alone find 12.

Plus we have tons of course options. Streamsong, Bay Hill, Hammock Beach, PGA National, Trump Doral, OCN all have multiple courses and on site lodging. Seems to me like a no-brainer.
I am going to retire in Florida in a few years so you can put me on a Florida team 😈😈

Back