A Regional THP Call Out

Don’t forget to include caddy tip (looking at you @MWard)

Don’t need caddies I’d you’re playing with people who have course knowledge :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if AZ, OH, TX, and FL all met up in Texas for a round robin type tournament?
This would be VERY ambitious. I know a course in Tucson that could accommodate. So in the future this could be possible.

Imagine renting this house in downtown Austin that sleeps 14. Only $785/night.
View attachment 8960474

This is close to Rainey Street which is one of the most happening places in Austin. See below:

View attachment 8960475

And of course there is town lake which runs right through town and Austin CC is nestled up against this. Perhaps a little golf and one day at the Dell Match Play event could be had????

View attachment 8960476
Now this is the hard sell. Do you have a time share I should be buying???

@H8tobogie coming in hot! I was about to bring up the incredible tacos that can be found. I had a great night at one of those rooftop bars after Formula 1 last year and I’m not even a club guy. Distilleries were mentioned but there are also a bunch of wineries and breweries as well in case guys want to spend an extra day or 2.

@H8tobogie coming in hot! I was about to bring up the incredible tacos that can be found. I had a great night at one of those rooftop bars after Formula 1 last year and I’m not even a club guy. Distilleries were mentioned but there are also a bunch of wineries and breweries as well in case guys want to spend an extra day or 2.
For sure. Tons of local breweries. My favorite is out by dripping springs called Jester King.

@BigDill that is my favorite golf hole love that place!

Also for all proposals: we would appreciate fun, leisurely non-golf activities for the WAGs that will likely be coming along

Horseshoe Bay just outside of Austin has 3 courses, but not near the nightlife that Austin has! There’s some great tracks around there in Austin. https://atxguides.com/best-golf-courses-in-austin/

to me the best BBQ in Texas is here in Houston though. https://www.truthbbq.com/

im a sucker for some good ole competition so count me in to tee it up wherever is best for everyone!

Interested in playing a new course... Getting away is tough but wondering if I can't do a stay and play with wife and son... Need to figure out what they can do while I golf and then I play golf with some THPers

Also for all proposals: we would appreciate fun, leisurely non-golf activities for the WAGs that will likely be coming along
If this is a criteria, the only option you should consider is Hammock Beach. My family and kids like it more then I do, and they don’t play golf. Plus the room options give a ton of flexibility, and there is just enough to do around and outside the resort (like restaurants, local shopping, and an outlet mall 30 minutes south). And St. Augustine is about 30 minutes to the north.

For sure. Tons of local breweries. My favorite is out by dripping springs called Jester King.
Dude, Jester King is great Brew

Dude, Jester King is great Brew
I love their style. Their setup is first class too. Huge outdoor pavilions with bars and restaurants. Families spend hours there.

If this is a criteria, the only option you should consider is Hammock Beach. My family and kids like it more then I do, and they don’t play golf. Plus the room options give a ton of flexibility, and there is just enough to do around and outside the resort (like restaurants, local shopping, and an outlet mall 30 minutes south). And St. Augustine is about 30 minutes to the north.
I don't think we're settled on how much of a factor it is, but it's something that would be nice to have an idea about as we figure out plans

Last edited:
Ocean is overrated.
I prefer the Conservatory overall, but the Ocean course is not a bad course at all, especially considering the price. While some of the interior holes are a bit bland, the ocean holes and the par 3s into them are really great. I also like 6 quite a bit, it’s really challenging and gives a good bit of risk/reward.

I prefer the Conservatory overall, but the Ocean course is not a bad course at all, especially considering the price. While some of the interior holes are a bit bland, the ocean holes and the par 3s into them are really great. I also like 7 quite a bit, it’s really challenging and gives a good bit of risk/reward.
I meant ocean as in Atlantic Ocean not ocean course.

Back