A return of one kind and another.

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys, I'm JR.

If you've been here since 2013-ish, chances are you know me, or that failing, have forgotten interacting with me. I used to be pretty active.

If you joined after that, you probably don't know me from Adam.

Last time I was active I was a high school senior. Well, that came and went. So did college. So did law school. What also went away for me was golf. Prior to this week, I hadn't swung (or posted, really) for 7 years.

Quarantine has got me antsy, and I've been itching to return to the game I once played every single day. I also missed the community here.

So, as I said, I'm JR. I'm a public defender, I love cooking, coffee, cocktails, and complaining. I have the ugliest swing you've ever seen, but a surprisingly good wedge game. I read big, dumb fantasy novels, play silly DnD games, and spend way too much of my salary on cigars.

Good to meet y'all.

I've seen your avatar on some older threads, so glad I'll be seeing it in some newer ones now as well! Welcome back!

Good to meet you sir and welcome back!

Hi guys, I'm JR.

If you've been here since 2013-ish, chances are you know me, or that failing, have forgotten interacting with me. I used to be pretty active.

Last time I was active I was a high school senior. Well, that came and went. So did college. So did law school. What also went away for me was golf. Prior to this week, I hadn't swung (or posted, really) for 7 years.

Quarantine has got me antsy, and I've been itching to return to the game I once played every single day. I also missed the community here.

So, as I said, I'm JR. I'm a public defender, I love cooking, coffee, cocktails, and complaining. I have the ugliest swing you've ever seen, but a surprisingly good wedge game. I read big, dumb fantasy novels, play silly DnD games, and spend way too much of my salary on cigars.

Good to meet y'all.

How could I EVER forget you? Haha

You make me feel old buddy, but CONGRATS on taking yourself so far! Way to go!!

How could I EVER forget you? Haha

You make me feel old buddy, but CONGRATS on taking yourself so far! Way to go!!
It's a pleasure talking to you again, brother. Hopefully I can begin repaying the community to kindness you and many others showed me way back then. I still have that Nicklaus ML4 Driver, by the way, haha.

Good to meet y'all.

Sounds like you'll fit in with this crowd just fine, JR. :LOL:

Welcome back and nice to meet you, sir.

Fun to see JR back. Now since life has slowed down, how about a hot pepper video?

Fun to see JR back. Now since life has slowed down, how about a hot pepper video?

I can't swim in those waters any more: law school gave me indigestion, hahaha. I do still pop in a habanero for fun every once and a while though...

Hi guys, I'm JR.

Good to meet y'all.

I've seen your avatar a lot in old threads. I'm a bargain equipment hunter -- hence diving in the archives. Welcome back.

Dave

I can't swim in those waters any more: law school gave me indigestion, hahaha. I do still pop in a habanero for fun every once and a while though...

You probably won't believe this, but about a year ago someone brought in a huge tub of WarHeads to work. So we did a silly challenge on how many you can eat at once without making any kind of face. I was laughing and started telling my buddy Mike about your old videos with the hot peppers.

You probably won't believe this, but about a year ago someone brought in a huge tub of WarHeads to work. So we did a silly challenge on how many you can eat at once without making any kind of face. I was laughing and started telling my buddy Mike about your old videos with the hot peppers.
Bwahahahahaha, I couldn't be more proud.

Welcome back. Looking forward to the interaction

Welcome back. I’m pretty much new around here.

Welcome back.

Welcome back.

Welcome back...

Hi JR! Welcome to the ant hill, where golf related itches continue to be scratched - in a manner compliant with physical distancing of course.

The guy on Hot Ones stole your idea!!! That could have been you!! Your sauce videos were great. Welcome back & glad to see you doing well in life. Now get back to hitting that little white ball!

Reactions: JR
The guy on Hot Ones stole your idea!!! That could have been you!! Your sauce videos were great. Welcome back & glad to see you doing well in life. Now get back to hitting that little white ball!
Right??? What a hack. I'll admit, there's a small part of me that wants to get back into that. Best I figure, I had one of the top 10 heat tolerances in the country...

Good to see you (again?) and welcome back!

Welcome back JR! I can empathise with the whole college/golf situation, as it was a golf wilderness for me too. It just didn’t fit woth everything else that was going on at the time, but I too found golf again quite soon afterwards.

Look forward to hearing how the first round goes post-lockdown! (y)

Welcome back!

Welcome back JR!

Back